Premium Format DC Comics Superman Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks! Appreciate the clarifications! Yes, the original COM is very expensive. More than I would be willing to spend. Too bad the others similar to it aren't 1/4 scale. Oh well, I am sure there will be another PF released in the future.

Congrats on the Superman statue, it really is a beautiful piece & by far the best Superman statue out there. As others have said, use caution putting on the cape, it's easy to scuff the neck red with the cape.

Either of the Batman PF's pair well with the Superman. You saw the pic & I have the black & gray but a little voice inside me kinda likes the classic blue better. :)

The Spider-Man COM pairs well with the other pieces too if you can find one. So does the HT 1/4 Iron Man.

Enjoy your purchase!

Congrats on the Superman statue, it really is a beautiful piece & by far the best Superman statue out there. As others have said, use caution putting on the cape, it's easy to scuff the neck red with the cape.

Either of the Batman PF's pair well with the Superman. You saw the pic & I have the black & gray but a little voice inside me kinda likes the classic blue better. :)

The Spider-Man COM pairs well with the other pieces too if you can find one. So does the HT 1/4 Iron Man.

Enjoy your purchase!

Thanks. Boss and I both agree we like the black and grey. So that makes that part easy. Now the trick will be getting the black and grey and dark knight and joker!!

Love love love it!!!! Damn it!!! Right now I have him (not it) between to a 1/4 Mark 43 IM and a 1/6 scale Hot Toys Hulk and suddenly they look like poop!!! Next shelf is all the storm troopers and they look bland. Damn it! Told my wife I'm gonna sell all my figure and she said "r u crazy, Star Wars is Star Wars"! Love her.

Love love love it!!!! Damn it!!! Right now I have him (not it) between to a 1/4 Mark 43 IM and a 1/6 scale Hot Toys Hulk and suddenly they look like poop!!! Next shelf is all the storm troopers and they look bland. Damn it! Told my wife I'm gonna sell all my figure and she said "r u crazy, Star Wars is Star Wars"! Love her.

Yeah, figures definitely lose their luster quickly when displayed near an awesome looking 1/4 statue. Wait until you get Batman. It's all downhill from there. Congrats on the Supes PF. It's a magnificent statue.

I've done the Figure route couple times and each time I ended up selling them all, for me statues just pop so much more IMO.....

I've done the Figure route couple times and each time I ended up selling them all, for me statues just pop so much more IMO.....

I agree completely. On top of that, the price for figures nowadays is ridiculous. No way I'm spending hundreds of dollars on a hunk of plastic. I know statue prices aren't cheap either but I'd rather spend my money on them. They just look so much better than figures IMO.

I have a lead on a spiderman. I understand it is 1/5 scale. All other statues are 1/4. Looks ok in your picture, but in person is always different. Peter Parker is a pretty small dude...would you (or anyone) really be able to tell the scale of the spiderman is off compared to your other three premium figures he is next to? Thanks!

To me, you can always spot 1/5 scales next to 1/4 pieces. But some people don't mind at all. Here's a couple of pics of the JSC spidey in mostly 1/4 scale collections.

6ykw2r.jpg

IMG_0161.jpg

20160415_094721.jpg

I just want to advice for those who get the new batch of Supe to consider getting a support for the sculpted cape or replace it with lighter fabric material. The statue itself is not a problem but the hollow based will deform and bow out. I added a little bit of milliput underneath to correct the lean. Waiting for some capes for Superman and Batman from Dynamicmenace.

Gangsta lean.
IMG_1887.jpg

Base is bowing out and piece of the crystals paint chipping off.
IMG_1920.jpg

Corrected with a little bit of milliput.
IMG_1948.jpg

The trinity complete.
IMG_1697.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1886.jpg
    IMG_1886.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_1920.jpg
    IMG_1920.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_1948.jpg
    IMG_1948.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_1697.jpg
    IMG_1697.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 167
Wow, can't believe there seems to be issues with the new batches of Supes PFs. My PF was 1st batch and I've had him displayed since I received him with no bowing, leaning, or cracking paint. My PF looks as good as the day that I got him.

Yeah, this is news to me as well. I've heard about the leaning issue but that just had to do with the pads under the base flattening out over time. The base bowing is something new.

Back