Premium Format DC Comics Superman Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It does if you look at the pics that are greyed out and shot through smoke or if you don't realize that the white and the grey on the side of his head isn't grey hair, but lighting effects.

This pic is the best look at natural lighting

null_zpsdb726eca.jpg

Sorry about the blurry appearance, best I can do right now...lol

I understand what you are trying to say Spidey. However, my quote was made in relation to the proto shots on the PO page. Anyone ordering this piece now has clear shots in good light to see an iconic Superman in his prime. At least that's what I see when I look at those pics.

Exactly Flip,

My post was only to illustrate that while definitely inspired by Ross, this is not the same as the Kingdom Come Superman Illustrations Ross did but more in line with his Peace on Earth Superman.

I do agree there is a a few other influences but I think Ross is the major one. Just as as I agree with Jaws that Bolland was the major influence with the Joker.

I agree with your points Josh. No doubt that we can see those artists influence in those 2 pieces. I'm glad we do. Those 2 statues are just fantastic pieces I will proudly display in my collection.

Even if this is ross inspired I don't see that as a problem. Makes me happy. I think ross has flown under the ss radar for to long

Even if this is ross inspired I don't see that as a problem. Makes me happy. I think ross has flown under the ss radar for to long

The REG head is Ross inspired. However, the body looks different than the Superman we see in his artwork. I think that Andy did a great job taking the best attributes from different artists to create this masterpiece.

I don't feel this PF is straight Ross inspired. It has obvious Ross influence but I wouldn't call the Supes PF a Ross Supes PF. To me it looks like a mixture of artists styles to create an iconic looking Superman in his prime. Certainly not a 50 yr old Kingdom Come Supes IMHO.

Damn! I just read this after my post. I should have just quoted this for the truth! :lol:lecture:goodpost::exactly:

You People NEED to READ what I post .... The KING has spoken ...:lecture

Exactly Flip,

My post was only to illustrate that while definitely inspired by Ross, this is not the same as the Kingdom Come Superman Illustrations Ross did but more in line with his Peace on Earth Superman.

I do agree there is a a few other influences but I think Ross is the major one. Just as as I agree with Jaws that Bolland was the major influence with the Joker.

Ross rocks... And his work is some of the best.... There is NO issue with a statue being based off of or influenced by his work.

I'll definately be getting this Superman; I just haven't decided if I should go for the EX or not.:dunno

Okay... Please read my next post.

Okay so I am QUOTING ALL of the High Res pics BECAUSE if you haven't you need to find the BEST and BIGGEST SCREEN you have and REALLY LOOK at these pics.

I just PULLED these up on my 46 inch Plasma, and OMG these are FANTASTIC, and I can not STRESS how much BETTER the EX LOOKS when you see it up close. I mean it!!!! It looks TOTALLY SICK!!!! The colors in the flame, and the way they go together just do NOT come through on something like an iPad .... Trust me.

If you haven't pulled the trigger yet on the EX I HIGHLY suggest that you see these pics on the BIGGEST screen you have. They ROCK!!!
EX
3002151_press01.jpg

3002151_press02.jpg

3002151_press03.jpg

cont'd.....

REG
300215_press01.jpg

300215_press02.jpg

300215_press03.jpg

300215_press04.jpg

300215_press05.jpg

300215_press06.jpg

300215_press07.jpg

Enjoy!

Spidey,

I apologize for ever mentioning the name Ross or Kingdom Come. I seem to have opened a can of worms which you have deaftly handled. My hat's off to you for staying on topic, and I agree with many of your opinions. :bow

And by the way, fellow collectors, not once do I think anyone said "Ross influenced" in the negative other than when I thought Superman looked roughly 50 (i.e. Kingdom Come) in some of the shots. Spidey set that straight.

Again, Spidey explained that away as lighting in some of the photos, and upon second look, I agree. I also agree SS did a nice compilation of differing influences, but I'd still say Ross is probably the most recognizable in this form (mainly because he drew characters to look real, which would translate to the 3D realm more readily).

However, I have learned my lesson. I will never try to bring up a constuctive discussion again. I will leave my posts to only complaining about movies and TV shows as the internet was intended. So Sayith Steve Jobs. Apple in his name. I'll now silently pray 7 Hail Gates.

:)

Spidey,

I apologize for ever mentioning the name Ross or Kingdom Come. I seem to have opened a can of worms which you have deaftly handled. My hat's off to you for staying on topic, and I agree with many of your opinions. :bow

And by the way, fellow collectors, not once do I think anyone said "Ross influenced" in the negative other than when I thought Superman looked roughly 50 (i.e. Kingdom Come) in some of the shots. Spidey set that straight.

Again, Spidey explained that away as lighting in some of the photos, and upon second look, I agree. I also agree SS did a nice compilation of differing influences, but I'd still say Ross is probably the most recognizable in this form (mainly because he drew characters to look real, which would translate to the 3D realm more readily).

However, I have learned my lesson. I will never try to bring up a constuctive discussion again. I will leave my posts to only complaining about movies and TV shows as the internet was intended. So Sayith Steve Jobs. Apple in his name. I'll now silently pray 7 Hail Gates.

:)
Fearless you did NOTHING wrong... You are TOTALLY allowed to raise issues and discuss them. In fact I think up I brought up some Excellent points and I LOVED talking about them.

As for apologizing to me, I only kid about being the King of this thread. You owe me NOTHING, and the discussion was GREAT. Way BETTER then the EVENTUAL ES is to HIGH discussions that will start up soon.

Spidey,

I'm slightly kidding, but you have kept the discussion on track which was nice to see. I enjoyed it a great deal and can't wait to see what happens when we have more pix from SDCC.

I'm not a huge fan of the EX but may order it anyway. Looks like some of the AD site are around $368 so when you factor in the $20 in rewards from SS, the difference is $12. I might gamble $12 that the EX may grow on me.

Back