Premium Format DC Comics Superman Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hope no lit up function but awesome paint job so it will look similar to lit up red eyes

Sounds boring, that would be an easy custom, a light up feature would be more elaborate and unique, nothing crazy maybe battery powered even ;)

Pardon my ignorance, but has SS ever released such PFs, with some light up feature(s)?
Cyclops and Great Ultron come to mind...the Galactus Maquette is also rumoured to have a light up feature

Oh and i guess i'll have to include the abomination Sideshow is referring to as the Green Lantern (pretty sure his base lights up)

Cyclops and Great Ultron come to mind...the Galactus Maquette is also rumoured to have a light up feature

Oh and i guess i'll have to include the abomination Sideshow is referring to as the Green Lantern (pretty sure his base lights up)

Also Vader and obi won, can't remember but I think greivous too.

Also Vader and obi won, can't remember but I think greivous too.

IMHO I believe that light up features are really cheesy, don't age well, cause nothing but problems for a piece down the line and I really don't want that on a statue -- especially my grail piece SS Superman PF! This isn't a toy, it's a statue. Why do people want some cheesy light up feature on a $350-400 statue that is supposed to be a timeless classic? To each their own that want this feature but I shudder at the thought and really hope SS decides to keep it classic and not turn this PF into another problematic PF that has QC issures because people wanted light up features on it. Ie: Darth Maul, Darth Vader, etc. They had to do tons of recalls on those and some people were waiting up to six months for replacement pieces. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." :slap:thud:

IMHO I believe that light up features are really cheesy, don't age well, cause nothing but problems for a piece down the line and I really don't want that on a statue -- especially my grail piece SS Superman PF! This isn't a toy, it's a statue. Why do people want some cheesy light up feature on a $350-400 statue that is supposed to be a timeless classic? To each their own that want this feature but I shudder at the thought and really hope SS decides to keep it classic and not turn this PF into another problematic PF that has QC issures because people wanted light up features on it. Ie: Darth Maul, Darth Vader, etc. They had to do tons of recalls on those and some people were waiting up to six months for replacement pieces. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." :slap:thud:

doesn't sound humble at all, lol.

Well if it was made as the exclusive feature then the people like yourself that don't want a light up feature can always pick up the regular, Bam! Everyone's happy, IMHO, I think a light up feature done right, can add greatly to a piece, again it's a matter of preference, some people like certain things, others don't, none is better then the other. :wink1:

Its "In my honest opinion, no?

With the picture of the SS calender for 2013 rounding through the forum I figured I would post it here. It has angry Superman w/glowing eyes in June:

stgcccalendar.png

Light up feature........ No Thanks....Still going to get it no matter what!

Well if it was made as the exclusive feature then the people like yourself that don't want a light up feature can always pick up the regular, Bam! Everyone's happy, IMHO, I think a light up feature done right, can add greatly to a piece, again it's a matter of preference, some people like certain things, others don't, none is better then the other. :wink1:

LOL very true. I'm not into light up features at all, I find them really cheesy on a PF, and it looks as though any PF that has had them has only had problems down the line. I want my Superman statue to be perfect and stay that way for years to come. But true, can't please everyone so I hope there is something for everyone including those people that want light up features I guess. I won't be displaying mine that way though. LOL you're right -- I didn't sound humble at all, did I? My bad. :) :lol

Its "In my honest opinion, no?

With the picture of the SS calender for 2013 rounding through the forum I figured I would post it here. It has angry Superman w/glowing eyes in June:

stgcccalendar.png

that could work too, but to my understanding is more widely known as "humble"

LOL very true. I'm not into light up features at all, I find them really cheesy on a PF, and it looks as though any PF that has had them has only had problems down the line. I want my Superman statue to be perfect and stay that way for years to come. But true, can't please everyone so I hope there is something for everyone including those people that want light up features I guess. I won't be displaying mine that way though. LOL you're right -- I didn't sound humble at all, did I? My bad. :) :lol

:lol no prob ;)

But you're right about the problem with the light up features, but not in all cases, but maybe it'll work this time Or not, no matter I will get anyways i just think it it'd look cool like in the concept art, IMHO, lol

i have never used the light up feature beyond just trying it when first getting the figure/statue...
Away with it, and save on cost.

i have never used the light up feature beyond just trying it when first getting the figure/statue...
Away with it, and save on cost.

I'm pretty sure it's gonna be the same as batman light up or no light up.

I'd rather there not be a light up feature just to keep the DC statues all in "visual unison." Batman didn't need a light up Batsignal base, Joker didn't need a light up hand buzzer accessory, and Ivy didn't need some sort of mood lighting base on them, so why should Superman? I don't even think GL is getting a light up base, or if he is then it's kinda acceptable since he's supposed to be otherworldly from the rest of the JLA.

Superman is perfect the way he is now and I'd hate to see changes made to him, especially if they're changes made to get some sort of light up feature working that wouldn't make up for what might be lost.

I'd rather there not be a light up feature just to keep the DC statues all in "visual unison." Batman didn't need a light up Batsignal base, Joker didn't need a light up hand buzzer accessory, and Ivy didn't need some sort of mood lighting base on them, so why should Superman? I don't even think GL is getting a light up base, or if he is then it's kinda acceptable since he's supposed to be otherworldly from the rest of the JLA.

Superman is perfect the way he is now and I'd hate to see changes made to him, especially if they're changes made to get some sort of light up feature working that wouldn't make up for what might be lost.

:goodpost::clap

Back