Premium Format Darth Vader [ROTJ]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally saw this guy in a local store... he looks great.. BUT .. the leg up is a killer for this statue.. I pictured him just in a straight stance.. and even with the wider arm pose.. he would have looks stellar !!!! To bad.. not a purchase for me.. HOT TOYS bring it !

742af55bf26983769709709b04172268.jpg

They looks great in those. Are they the Ikea Besta?

I've seen it referenced, but can't find this out from the thread pages I have looked at:

How are the lights powered on this vader? If by battery, what size batteries?

Ideally, I like to use battery eliminators on my pieces... not just for the safety but to allow me to turn everything on and off with a light switch. But the only battery eliminators I have seen are AA, AAA, C, and D. Does this use some weird batteries?

Already got mine. The statue looks great. Accurate vader in my eyes. His cloth needs some ironing. Cape is good also feels like leather. Light-ups are awesome. The pose is kinda awkward but looks great in one angle. Here are some pics.

fbc86f44757db8d317060c831a318ccf.jpg
00778a941b11c3f55d8d0a63cd2b7490.jpg
220cf30f5738b7df3a3441df4f630429.jpg
c726689c9ec15bc810f2e0434354e419.jpg
366d01c19ed9e9d3cbda55895e2c8401.jpg
564ebde81463c88d74356c7b421fd054.jpg
742af55bf26983769709709b04172268.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
4598d47eb9dd06edb005f0184de28d15.jpg
92186cd6ea6d3f1b51b0f3b348d687f2.jpg
7dffaefd201b988e4a9f4d9ebb2871ea.jpg
69095b3bb61feed553f85cf8c03ec59d.jpg

fantastic photos! :clap

The base and lightsaber have a DC option as well. The belt and chest box are via small button batteries.

Thanks to those that responded. A bummer there is no way to remotely turn off and on the belt and chest box, but at least the big ones are DC.

kinda late to the party but i have decided to restart a shelf for star wars 1/4 statues after getting rid of them while back.

between this vader and the original vader, which do you guys think is better both in quality and accuracy? I kinda still prefer the old vadar because of the pose however havent seen this new one in person so i cant make an informed decision.

The prices are about the same for both, so that wont be a factor

thanks

As someone who got rid of the old Vader for this new version, I have no regrets. The old version's "awkward" stance always made me think of the ANH Vader who was slow AF, which I guess means Sideshow deserves kudos for capturing that feel. This new Vader just looks more regal and bad-ass displayed. I love everything about it.

As someone who got rid of the old Vader for this new version, I have no regrets. The old version's "awkward" stance always made me think of the ANH Vader who was slow AF, which I guess means Sideshow deserves kudos for capturing that feel. This new Vader just looks more regal and bad-ass displayed. I love everything about it.

For me it is pretty simple. If you're going to get the old Vader, the ANH Obi-Wan is an absolute must. Without the other, they each look awkward. Together, they form a very impressive display on a shelf. IMO.

For me it is pretty simple. If you're going to get the old Vader, the ANH Obi-Wan is an absolute must. Without the other, they each look awkward. Together, they form a very impressive display on a shelf. IMO.

I guess that's what really irked me about the Original PF. It's so much a dio with Old Ben and since I had no intention of ever getting that one, I just never warmed up to the Vader PF being by himself.

I guess that's what really irked me about the Original PF. It's so much a dio with Old Ben and since I had no intention of ever getting that one, I just never warmed up to the Vader PF being by himself.

I have the original ex version (with the mouse droid) and was thinking of selling to upgrade to this, but I just don't like the pose or the overly tall base. I'm sure the light up features are much improved, especially the lightsaber. I originally preordered Obi-Wan too to go with Vader, but decided it wasn't worth the price and had cancelled it. Kinda wish I had gotten it, but I had the orignal posed next to the Anakin PF and I think they looked pretty nice next to each other. I was also hoping Hot Toys would've released the PO for their 1/4 scale vader to compare to this. Can anyone post a picture that has both of the 2 SS PF Vader's together? Would be interesting to see.... Thanks...

I have the original ex version (with the mouse droid) and was thinking of selling to upgrade to this, but I just don't like the pose or the overly tall base. I'm sure the light up features are much improved, especially the lightsaber. I originally preordered Obi-Wan too to go with Vader, but decided it wasn't worth the price and had cancelled it. Kinda wish I had gotten it, but I had the orignal posed next to the Anakin PF and I think they looked pretty nice next to each other. I was also hoping Hot Toys would've released the PO for their 1/4 scale vader to compare to this. Can anyone post a picture that has both of the 2 SS PF Vader's together? Would be interesting to see.... Thanks...

Just my personal opinion but HT just doesnt do it for me as replacements. I got their 1/4 iron man because how nice it looked and sure the paint / finish is top notch but it just feels like a plastic toy with those neatly embeded lines in the armor and joints, and the way it stands when displayed.

Dont think i will ever get another HT no matter how nice they looked in photos, going to stick with statues.

Totally agree, and that's the reason I have both of those.

Just my personal opinion but HT just doesnt do it for me as replacements. I got their 1/4 iron man because how nice it looked and sure the paint / finish is top notch but it just feels like a plastic toy with those neatly embeded lines in the armor and joints, and the way it stands when displayed.

Dont think i will ever get another HT no matter how nice they looked in photos, going to stick with statues.

Those are the reasons I still shy away from their 1/4 IM - joint gaps and weight
I was then skeptical to get the Boba Fett but recently got it for a good price. Was really happy with it despite some inaccuracy, paint app was excellent and looks like a statue since there were no visible joints. The weight and stand did not bother me as much as I expected; once I got him in a desired pose, I don't pry on the downsides of it being a figure

Back