Premium Format Darth Vader [ROTJ]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really nice pics! [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Superb photo quality!!!

Just a quick note:
For the "chain" around the neck, there's a little piece to attach it on the front.

Is that what it's for??? I was wondering about that. It's not like that in the films is it?

Edit....

Well look at that...

EPVI_Darth_Vader_Unmasked.jpg

I was actually thinking too bad Fett can't look further down. Unless the use ball joints it'll never happen.

I'm good with both as is but just saying I was trying to get Fett to look lower.

Ok I started over with 1/2 MDF. Think I'll use 1/4 for the sides and top even though I bought a whole board and had it all cut. The back had to be cut from a whole sheet over 2 inches.

The MDF is already looking better.
image.jpg

Where is the cape in the Box? A friend of mine bought it but cant find the cape?

It's in a hidden compartment in one of the Styrofoam halfs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

Love the way this looks in profile. If I had this I think I'd display it almost turned this far, with the head turned slightly to his left.

I was skeptical of this before it shipped, but credit where credit is due. This one's a good one. Hope everyone who gets it enjoys it.

I saw a couple references to the tip of the lightsaber, which got me wondering if mine is missing. bvfxQRX.jpg

Edit: this pic is missing the tip. I found it in the packaging. Unfortunately it's pretty small and doesn't stay in the saber so I guess I need to glue it in.

Last edited:
I saw a couple references to the tip of the lightsaber, which got me wondering if mine is missing.
Edit: this pic is missing the tip. I found it in the packaging. Unfortunately it's pretty small and doesn't stay in the saber so I guess I need to glue it in.

Mine was missing as well, couldn't find it anywhere tho, must have rolled away somewhere on me. Sideshow already has a new light saber on the way, just be careful because I think it helps secure the light inside. Mine fell off and shattered when I tried to take the picture to send to sideshow, doh.

Don't you have to return the broken saber? If so I'd put it in a bag shattered be like pshhh.

With the last replacement part I had to get (6th scale 3PO arm), I had to send photos showing I destroyed the original arm. Otherwise you get charged for the part.

image.jpg

I imagine I'll need to do the same for my replacement Vader saber. But, if they want it back, I'll be happy to send it.

Don't you have to return the broken saber? If so I'd put it in a bag shattered be like pshhh.
I have a big fingerprint incrusted in my Vader forehead, so SSC is sending me a replacement.

Here's what the instruction email says:
When your new head arrives, please be sure to check that your replacement part(s) are acceptable. If there are no problems, please safely destroy the original part(s) within 5 business days and send me a photo of all destroyed pieces. Be sure to include photos of the item’s edition number should your item have one. Do not dispose of your item until you have received an email back that the photos have been accepted. Any parts not destroyed, or thrown away prior to approval of photos, may result in an additional service fee.

Always use care and precaution when destroying any item (utilizing eye protection, proper footwear, etc). Sideshow Collectibles will not be responsible for any injuries caused by destroying your item, so please make sure you proceed in a safe fashion.

It's like Xmas over here. In the last month I got my unpainted R2, the Vader, today my Gold Stormtrooper and Friday Phasma will get here.

Just redid my back wall for my Vader. Gotta finish sanding tomorrow then start sidewalls. MDF was so much better.

image.jpg

Back