Premium Format Darth Vader [ROTJ]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not really sure what he's doing, because it's basically impossible to walk down the stairs like that :p It looks like he just put his leg up on a stair and is showing it off :| But in the image you posted yes because of the angle it is basically a visual illusion that he is walking down the stairs ;p

You are too funny! You're saying it's impossible to walk down the stairs with one leg lower than the other? How do you do it then?

You are too funny! You're saying it's impossible to walk down the stairs with one leg lower than the other? How do you do it then?

not with one leg lower then the other, but with his right leg that far out it is. it's like he walked down a step then decided to pivot on only one foot for some reason

have you ever walked down the stairs with one leg at a 90 degree different angle then the other? ;p I normally just put one foot in front of the other like a normal person, and while the incline is different (of course ;p you have to be going either up or down!) both of my legs/feet are pointing in the same direction (for the most part, obviously they'll be a little apart by a few degrees just cause human anatomy).

vader.jpg

Seriously go try walk down the stairs with your leg like that. I just did, it is so awkward and slow.

In my opinion Vader not down stairs in the statue, is a figurative pose, not a realistic action. True, in some angles looks weird, but that usually happens most of the time with the statues, from some points of view looks better and from others worse, but overall I think is a great representation of Vader as seen in these photos. Awesome.

The helmet is too better in this version than in the old PF (which it has many errors: skinny arms, small helmet, boring pose...).

I'm not really sure what he's doing, because it's basically impossible to walk down the stairs like that :p It looks like he just put his leg up on a stair and is showing it off :| But in the image you posted yes because of the angle it is basically a visual illusion that he is walking down the stairs ;p

Impossible?? He's just reached the last bottom of the stair and to his right is Luke awaiting to confront him which makes his right foot pivot slightly as he's about to pull it off the stair. I've tried the pose myself and it's very natural for a character like Vader to look this way and to "lumber" down the stairs like this.

Seriously go try walk down the stairs with your leg like that. I just did, it is so awkward and slow.

You just answered it. Awkward and slow for a normal person. Vader is not a normal person. Vader would move like this IMO.

Another thing I'd like to point out is that if you look at the stairs you'll see that they are angular stairs; a semi-circle shall we say like this picture here with a crease:

1st.jpg

So really he could be coming down from the other side of the "connection joint" of the stairs crossing over to the right, "his right" so to speak and coming to the bottom of the stairs. So the picture that Darth Pakiti posted above could actually be of Vader coming straight down the stairs at us...as in that is the direct front of the statue. It works in this sense as well.

Last edited:
He never walked down the stairs like that in the movies, and I can't say how difficult it would be in the Vader costume but after being in a TK I would say it would actually be slightly painful to do that ;p

And there is a big difference between "it's possible" and why the hell would he do it, and does it look good. If you think so that's fine, I think it is not only an odd pose for him to do really at any point and uncharacteristic of Vader but also a pretty bad pose for a Vader statue in general and would have vastly preferred just a walking down the stairs pose.

I don't think it looks that bad and I also don't think it would be out the realm to turn and create such a pose on a stairwell. To each his own. I'm not purchasing this so I have nothing invested in statue but just my 2 cents. I hate the height more than anything.

In my opinion Vader not down stairs in the statue, is a figurative pose, not a realistic action. True, in some angles looks weird, but that usually happens most of the time with the statues, from some points of view looks better and from others worse, but overall I think is a great representation of Vader as seen in these photos. Awesome.

The helmet is too better in this version than in the old PF (which it has many errors: skinny arms, small helmet, boring pose...).

This is the only angle I like, but still not enough to get me to preorder.

This piece is too tall for my display so after a long time considering if I should get it and find another place to display it I decided to just pick up the original instead. I like it's more museum style pose. This piece just looks very odd from certain angles and it really bugs me that he appears to be staring up in the air while walking down the stairs awkwardly. And besides the base being very large I don't think it looks very good either.

Am I the only one who hates the base? Imo this is one of the most ugliest bases SSC have done in years.

Vader looks great! But that base is too much. Sideshow overdid it quite a bit.

If there were only the 2 steps this might have been close to perfection. Still I totally prefer a museum pose for a Vader statue, not one going downstairs to drink in the basement, and not one with a plastic pole in his hand, which we turn on only about 3 times a year.

In my experience I think the best statues look good from all angles. If it looks off at certain angles it usually means the anatomy is off or was sacrificed

In my experience I think the best statues look good from all angles. If it looks off at certain angles it usually means the anatomy is off or was sacrificed
Agreed. I'll use the Wolf Predator LSF as an example. The pose used on the Wolf is as dynamic as it gets and it's absolutely gorgeous from 360 degrees.

Back