Darth Vader Legendary Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kneeling Vader you say.... I agree it's killer

IMG_6810_zps51ece97b.jpg

Awesome pic!!! Full of Vader win :rock :rock

I agree Gartogg, the life size bust is the quintessential vader collectible. I like legendary scale, but even though it is taller nothing dominates a room quite like a life size version of Vader staring you down.

SS needs to work on their proportions after seeing how Maul turned out. Vader could be an epic piece, but not if they don't learn from some mistakes made on Maul.

I agree Gartogg, the life size bust is the quintessential vader collectible. I like legendary scale, but even though it is taller nothing dominates a room quite like a life size version of Vader staring you down.

I don't know :dunno I have to say, the LSFs for me bring a sense of having part of the movie displayed in your own home. Busts are great but having the character in it's entirety from head to toe is in my eyes, is much better than the busts :)

u4usypy9.jpg

What is wrong with legendary Maul?

Maul's lightsaber hilt is very thick and out of proportion with the rest of the statue. Also when you take his cloak off, his head and boots seem out of proportion as well.

Having said that, he still is a fantastic looking piece. But I just don't see this line worth the 2 grand Sideshow charges.

I don't know :dunno I have to say, the LSFs for me bring a sense of having part of the movie displayed in your own home. Busts are great but having the character in it's entirety from head to toe is in my eyes, is much better than the busts :)

u4usypy9.jpg

Now that's a display bro... looks amazing but as we speak right now there is no LSF Vader available so the bust is winning the race for best Vader collectible but after seeing your awesome set up that soon may change once we can get out grubby little mits on the LSF Vader lol

I agree. I'm not a bust person (well, not when it comes to collectibles :wink1: ) and I do prefer seeing a character in its entirety, but that 1:1 Vader bust is just awesome. I like that it can be displayed in three different stages.

At 3 to 4 feet tall (Legendary Scale is half scale, yes?) this would always make me feel like I had a little kid in a Vader costume on display... :lol

I think the efx ANH Legend > this, the bust, any statue, or really anything else for that matter :) The helmet IS Vader. :vader (IMO of course)

Never understood the mindset that 1:2 scale statues look like a kid in a costume....the proportions are completely different so it makes absolutely no sense. Do 1/4 scale statues look like newborn babies in a costume too?

Well, this time I included a laughing face, just for you, and it doesn't seem to have made a difference. I'll say again that it was my opinion and leave this here.. :)
image.jpg

Proportion wise you're right, and I wasn't really thinking about that part. Just the height... Guess I'm just weird :lol

I have to beg to differ.... I think the SS 1:1 bust is the best Vader collectible

IMG_6805_zpsb981c92a.jpg

While the Sideshow Vader bust is a nice piece it has glaring issues that for me just kill it.

First the whole helmet is misshapen and the dome is horribly flared and doesn't sit right on the face mask.
Second, the chest armor is completely wrong, third the lower jaw piece of the mask is painted black when in reality it should be gun metal gray.
And lastly it appears as though SS just blatantly recast a well known fan made Reveal helmet and slapped their name on it.
See here: https://thepropden.aokforums.com/1-vt3372.html?hilit=Portumac

Those issues especially the last one completely kill the 1:1 bust for me. I'd much prefer an accurate helmet like the efX Legend with actual film lineage to a inaccurate recast piece anyday.

I am a Vader snob though. To me Vader's look is completely dependent on the helmet being done correctly. So I hope SS get the LSF statue right and it is a slam dunk.

Last edited:
I own both the Vader 1:1 bust and the efx Vader legend helmet and the bust has more of a presence because it's larger and perhaps grabs more attention from visitors but The EFx helmet is my ultimate Vader collectible. It's just screams ANH Vader and is by far my favorite Vader collectible. I still think the bust is totally awesome and makes on heck of a display. The LFS would be a nice addition. I actually like the 1:2 scale, they are quite large but don't take much space as a 1:1 piece. I just seen a fellow collector's room that had four of these LFS including the Maul all lined up and they look suberb. I would love to have Vader, Obi-wan and Maul all lined up one day.

That's cost they're saving all the goodness for the LSF bro ;) been waiting for this one mate...was tempted to get the lifesize but this one will do me! This will ship around June 2015 I reckon
Yeah brother same here, was thinking of the Lifesized but this is the **** I've been waiting for. Almost as big without killing the space and as long as it has a lit saber it WILL be mine. First LSF ever!

Sent from the Cack Pit of the Millenium Falcon

Well SS Alex has just stated on SF that this Vader is most likely ROTJ. And to add icing on the cake he won't be making an appearance at SDCC either. So who knows when this will be released if ever.

Guess I'm not surprised since it's SS we're talking about.

Back