Darth Talon Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got on the wait list at 10:05...wonder when mine will convert. :monkey2

Because ALOT of people order first, then check the edition size after they have their order in. If the edition size is what they consider too high, they cancel. This is one of the reasons I support TBD when orders to up.

Yep, and also for me its kind of the thrill of the PPO. There have been a few things I have tried for that I knew I probably wasn't going to keep but I had to have the thrill of trying.

Because ALOT of people order first, then check the edition size after they have their order in. If the edition size is what they consider too high, they cancel. This is one of the reasons I support TBD when orders to up.

that's one aspect of this hobby that i've never understood: the preoccupation with edition sizes. i do understand that a smaller edition size means it's more "valuable" but are these folks buying solely for its (perceived) after-market value?

personally, i couldn't care less about a collectible's e.s. then again, it's cos i buy stuff to keep, not to speculate.

plus, in my country, things like pfs and 1:1 stuff are far less common compared to 1/6 figures. so i can take pride in the fact that there aren't many people in malaysia with the same high-end collectible as me. take darth talon for example. there's only one store i know of who's been taking pre-orders and i'm pretty sure the total shipment will be less than 10 pcs. :D

in any case, congrats to those of u who got their waitlist converted. now all we gotta do is wait...

that's one aspect of this hobby that i've never understood: the preoccupation with edition sizes. i do understand that a smaller edition size means it's more "valuable" but are these folks buying solely for its (perceived) after-market value?

personally, i couldn't care less about a collectible's e.s. then again, it's cos i buy stuff to keep, not to speculate.

plus, in my country, things like pfs and 1:1 stuff are far less common compared to 1/6 figures. so i can take pride in the fact that there aren't many people in malaysia with the same high-end collectible as me. take darth talon for example. there's only one store i know of who's been taking pre-orders and i'm pretty sure the total shipment will be less than 10 pcs. :D

in any case, congrats to those of u who got their waitlist converted. now all we gotta do is wait...

I agree with you 100% I buy what I am going to keep. If I want to make some money there are much better ways to do that than to speculate on statues; such as getting an education and getting a job!
I have no intention of selling what I buy so what do I care what its aftermarket value is? Frankly, I prefer that the edition size be big so that the aftermarket value is lower. That way, if I were to break a statue by accident I can get a replacement for a decent price. I've never understood why people seem to enjoy a statue more because it is more limited. In my opinion, you should enjoy it for its inherent qualities, not its edition size.

Does anybody know what the initial ES for EX was? I just got an e-mail from Sideshow saying the ES posted on their site was in error and the actual ES for this will be 650.

Interesting....

Dear Valued Star Wars Collector

Your existing order for the Darth Talon EX, item 3000141, is locked in our system. However, the posted edition size is not correct and this email is a courtesy to alert you that the edition size should have been posted as TBD (but was not). The actual edition size for the Darth Talon EX figure will be 650 pieces. Our web site has been updated.

We apologize for our error but with hundreds of items being posted each year this does happen on very rare occasions. We hope that you will continue to maintain your Pre-Order but as with all of our items you are free to cancel your order at any time. If you choose to cancel your Flexpay Darth Talon Exclusive order, item 3000141FLEX, we will of course waive any cancellation fees.

First off, congrats to all those whose waitlist is converting; I am truly happy for you. But....

This is another example of Sideshow increasing the edition size of a sold out product that proved to more popular than they anticipated. I'm sorry, but I find it very hard to believe that the edition size "should have been posted as TBD (but was not)" and was just wrong. If that is true, why has it taken 20 days, 3 weeks, to figure that out and make a correction? No one noticed?

I love Sideshow as a company but the one thing they do I always find exception to, is raising an edition size of a sold out product! You just don't do it! After realizing their "mistake", they should have just left it the way it was.

And no, I don't care only about edition size or value, but it is a part of collecting and collectibles, and if you don't think so, you are fooling yourself.

...This is another example of Sideshow increasing the edition size of a sold out product that proved to more popular than they anticipated. I'm sorry, but I find it very hard to believe that the edition size "should have been posted as TBD (but was not)" and was just wrong. If that is true, why has it taken 20 days, 3 weeks, to figure that out and make a correction? No one noticed?...

That's certainly the way it appears anyway. Just wish they would have done this with the Patient Zero Exclusive.

I got my email... very interesting. If it went from 400 to 450 or even 500 it wouldn't be that big a deal but 400 to 650 is a pretty dang big increase. Oh well, not much we can do about it anyway.

I agree with you 100% I buy what I am going to keep. If I want to make some money there are much better ways to do that than to speculate on statues; such as getting an education and getting a job!
I have no intention of selling what I buy so what do I care what its aftermarket value is? Frankly, I prefer that the edition size be big so that the aftermarket value is lower. That way, if I were to break a statue by accident I can get a replacement for a decent price. I've never understood why people seem to enjoy a statue more because it is more limited. In my opinion, you should enjoy it for its inherent qualities, not its edition size.

Yeah ... too bad there are people ordering for the money and not love of the piece.

I could care less it;s still an exclusive of a piece I really like !

what irks me is how dumb they must think us collectors are to buy their "mistake" story. sure...

having said that, I actually like the idea of a higher edition size - that way anyone who wants one can get one when scalpers cancel.

After thinking about it for a little while I'm not going to complain about it. After seeing just how much stuff Sideshow gave away during Spookctacular and all throughout the year as well I can allow them the chance to make a little extra money by raising the edition size on this. I am sure they didn't think she would be this popular at all and if it gets a few scalpers out of the picture then I see it as a good thing. I still don't know for sure if I will keep her but my decision won't be swayed because of the new edition size. I do hope however that they don't make this a frequent occurrence.

It just means exclusives have more chance of getting canceled or showing up on ebay for half retail price. I think it's a bad decision by Sideshow on many levels, especially if the economy gets worse. Mistake or not, some will see it as greed and consumer trust will suffer.

Wow, I thought an ES of 400 was perfect. 400 was not too high and not too low, but 650 seems like alot. My opinion is that all orders should be TBD unless it is the rare 'super exclusives' like black & white monsters, retro Spiderman, or Grey Hulk. Don't get me wrong, I was happy that I was able to get a PZ EX PF, but Sideshow's preorder system sometimes is FAR too often a lottery-cluster-screw.

:confused: They bump the ES by 250 and my WL still doesn't convert? My WL time is 17:05.29, less than two minutes after the thing sold out. I am clueless and confused.

Last edited:
Back