Darth Talon Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Darth Talon

same here.. the cape is nothing out of the ordinary.. I would go also with a Reg and get a custom cape

I have the exclusive and don't even display it with the cape. It's a great statue either way. I've actually thought about buying a non-exclusive and selling my exclusive, but just haven't pulled the trigger...

I can get an exclusive Darth Talon for $1450 shipped, what do you guys think? To much? :dunno

Brand new in box? In a heartbeat.

I picked up a NIB regular edition last month for a little less. I'd rather have a NIB standard than an opened EX.

YMMV,
Nels

The reg is just as awesome!

talon.jpg

Why would it matter NIB or not? Who buys SS products without checking for damage?

It matters to me. I like the idea of being the first to open the box that's remained unopened for a few years.

And yeah, I like taking that chance that everything will be fine, which it was.

I wouldn't expect everyone to agree but as I posted, YMMV.

Glad it worked out but there's no way I'd buy something unopened on the secondary market. I want to know it's not damaged since there's no option to send it in for a replacement.

Glad it worked out but there's no way I'd buy something unopened on the secondary market. I want to know it's not damaged since there's no option to send it in for a replacement.

Understood.

Call it a calculated risk. Cruising the Talon forums here and SF I didn't see a lot of (any?) QC issues.

4 years from now would I take the same risk with Wonder Woman? Not on a dare.

As always, YMMV.

It matters to me. I like the idea of being the first to open the box that's remained unopened for a few years.

Wow you are brave indeed. With so many possible QC issues this is a huge risk. Unless if you buy from ebay and get the 6 month warranty and take it out on the seller if something goes wrong. The sellers always lose out on ebay. Saying if there was no recourse I would not touch a unopened box no matter what the price is. WW is one of the biggest risk statues with so many fragile parts. :horror

If it was anything else other than this kind of product I would agree, but these need looked at for damage/flaws. Opening a NIB perfect statue would be great, but just as likely with SS you get one with issues is all I am saying. Rather buy a known good one myself that was opened for inspection than a mystery box.

I've been waiting a long time to be able to buy this statue back (I sold mine a few years ago to pay off some bills), and now that I'm a bit more comfortable financially I've been refreshing eBay auctions left and right to find a fair price. Somehow, an auction from Austria just popped up in my search today and was ending in only 2 hours from when I first found it. I decided to bite, and I'm taking a big risk winning it cuz it was only $600, had no actual in hand product pictures, the seller had 1 feedback to their account (only as a buyer), and is using a copy/paste quote from Sideshow in their description about it. That, and they used eBay's generic product description stating that this is unopened and brand new. So even if I do get an unopened, new product, I gotta be lucky that there were no manufacturer problems as well.

Either I got real lucky, or some shady **** is about to go down :lol

Sideshow Star Wars Darth Talon Premium Format Statue | eBay

I've been waiting a long time to be able to buy this statue back (I sold mine a few years ago to pay off some bills), and now that I'm a bit more comfortable financially I've been refreshing eBay auctions left and right to find a fair price. Somehow, an auction from Austria just popped up in my search today and was ending in only 2 hours from when I first found it. I decided to bite, and I'm taking a big risk winning it cuz it was only $600, had no actual in hand product pictures, the seller had 1 feedback to their account (only as a buyer), and is using a copy/paste quote from Sideshow in their description about it. That, and they used eBay's generic product description stating that this is unopened and brand new. So even if I do get an unopened, new product, I gotta be lucky that there were no manufacturer problems as well.

Either I got real lucky, or some shady **** is about to go down :lol

Sideshow Star Wars Darth Talon Premium Format Statue | eBay

Gratz and best of luck to you!

As I mentioned earlier it seems that Talon had relatively few QC issues and this was also several years ago when SS reportedly had better quality.

It is a gamble but it worked out well for me making the kill all the more sweeter.

And already the eBay link I posted to above has been taken down... Here's what eBay posted in my user section:

"We had to remove this listing from the site and you're not required to complete the transaction. If you've already sent payment, the sale should process as normal and you don't have anything to worry about. If you have any questions about delivery, please check tracking or contact your seller. If you run into any trouble along the way eBay is here to help. Please visit the Resolution Center to help resolve any problems you may encounter."

Shady **** indeed.

Lol, TG2BT... I called eBay to ask what was up, and the first girl said I should put a report in, and then the next person I was transferred to said that the seller's account was indef. suspended, so they just refunded my money back :lol

If it was anything else other than this kind of product I would agree, but these need looked at for damage/flaws. Opening a NIB perfect statue would be great, but just as likely with SS you get one with issues is all I am saying. Rather buy a known good one myself that was opened for inspection than a mystery box.

Exactly!
I would like to know the condition of a piece I plan on buying.
If the seller told me they opened it to inspect only, it was never displayed, then that's perfect.

I have the exclusive and don't even display it with the cape. It's a great statue either way. I've actually thought about buying a non-exclusive and selling my exclusive, but just haven't pulled the trigger...

I am currently in search for a Darth Talon, let me know if you plan on pulling the trigger for that EX.

Back