Darth Maul – STAR WARS Mythos Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Darth Vader (Mythos) Statue

I really don't like him with the mask and lightsaber on. But the in-hand picks look amazing when he is staring at the mask...

Last edited:

nYk3BJb.jpg

Is this his strong fist pose?? If so do you have the arm in wrong.. In the product photo it was more upright. The photo above looks like the saber holding hand minus the saber.

Not like this.

200193-darth-vader-mythos-003.jpg

Is this his strong fist pose?? If so do you have the arm in wrong.. In the product photo it was more upright. The photo above looks like the saber holding hand minus the saber.

Good catch with that difference. I have his arm in correctly in that shot. It is difficult to describe but there is really only one way his arm can go in due to the shape of the peg and his bicep area.

I'm curious to see if I may have an error piece, but it is no big deal as I'm displaying him with the Sebastian Shaw head while holding his mask.

Might be a bummer for collectors who preferred that arm though.

I guess you didn't receive that right hand clenched in a fist ?
It Suppose to be included. SS web sight confirms it.

Yeah, I see that. The peg/bicep area is definitely different.

Here is what mine looks like:

Uctdbkc.jpg

While it is possible I have an error piece it doesn't seem likely. Seems like they'd have to have molded them all the same for me to get one like that, right? It isn't the same as the lightsaber hand in how his fist is positioned either.

I think I'll get in touch with Sideshow about it tomorrow. Maybe once some other people post up their pictures we can see if it is a fluke or not.

Uctdbkc.jpg

While it is possible I have an error piece it doesn't seem likely. Seems like they'd have to have molded them all the same for me to get one like that, right? It isn't the same as the lightsaber hand in how his fist is positioned either.

I think I'll get in touch with Sideshow about it tomorrow. Maybe once some other people post up their pictures we can see if it is a fluke or not.
Got mine today. My fist arm is the same as yours. I was wondering the same thing.

Uctdbkc.jpg

Got mine today. My fist arm is the same as yours. I was wondering the same thing.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

I planned on displaying him with the power Fist look :( How does SSC manage to mess this up. It completely changes the feel and look to the piece. Not to mention that it looks just like the other pose.... Just no saber. Grrrrrrrr. this may officially be my first real frustration with SSC messing something up. :(

I guess you didn't receive that right hand clenched in a fist ?
It Suppose to be included. SS web sight confirms it.
Screenshot_2013-09-27-23-56-41.png

Stange. Your looks to be cut the same way as in the production photo. Both that and the Saber arm look to be too entirely different shapes. You sure you can't fidget it the other way?

So looking at the photos it looks like the brilliant people in China may have glued the fist onto the wrong arm... Which makes me wonder if some people will get a saber fist in the flexed up right hand.

Looking at the production pictures more closely the Arms are not the same as the one you guys received.

200193-darth-vader-mythos-005.jpg

Here is the WIP Which seems to have the arm you got.. But it is not what is in the above production photo.

SWMythos_DarthVader_WIP10.jpg

SS seems Hella-confused with this release.

559934_10151369532054145_1123230203_n-640x381.jpg

Darth-Vader-Star-Wars-Mythos-Statue-Sideshow-03.jpg

Stange. Your looks to be cut the same way as in the production photo. Both that and the Saber arm look to be too entirely different shapes. You sure you can't fidget it the other way?

Nope, can't fidget it. The triangular tip end of the arm goes into the top of the cut out, where his cape meets his shoulder armor.

Hey, at least they didn't forget to include his belted lightsaber.

:hi5:
Nope, can't fidget it. The triangular tip end of the arm goes into the top of the cut out, where his cape meets his shoulder armor.

One thing I noticed is that the unmasked heads are looking too much to the right when you look at the statue head on. It almost doesn't seem like he's looking at the helmet. Not by a lot but it seems to. Does yours? When the statue is turned to the correct viewing angle (so you can see more of the side profile) it looks fine though. Did you notice the same thing?

Not surprised. Looking at all the photos it seems that SSC has decided to go with the WIP version and not the Product page version. The arms are without question different.

For me its a real let down. I don't have another Vader so I wanted to do helmet on with raised fist.

He does look better with the saber in his hand then I originally thought. But the raised fist looked more Iconic.

Hey Transient - If you get a chance can you get some more eye level photos of Vader with all his different set ups??

Would be nice to see him from a level view.

So I did some further investigating on the fist arm vs the saber arm.
It is indeed the exact same arm sculpt even the same exact paint just with a different fist glued on. Looks like either it's the Chinese to blame or it's Sideshow cutting corners at the last minute. Either way they will be hearing from a lot of unhappy freaks. Hopefully they will ship out the correct arm. In my and probably many others case we don't plan on displaying him that way but it's the principal. "ya hear me"

Not surprised. Looking at all the photos it seems that SSC has decided to go with the WIP version and not the Product page version. The arms are without question different.

For me its a real let down. I don't have another Vader so I wanted to do helmet on with raised fist.

He does look better with the saber in his hand then I originally thought. But the raised fist looked more Iconic.

Yeah, the saber variation is probably my favorite aesthetically, but I like the story and emotion behind why he would be looking at his mask a bit more.

Maybe sideshow will go cast 5000 new arms next week, or maybe we'll all get a credit to put towards Red Sonja's pre-order on Thursday. :lol

:hi5:
One thing I noticed is that the unmasked heads are looking too much to the right when you look at the statue head on. It almost doesn't seem like he's looking at the helmet. Not by a lot but it seems to. Does yours? When the statue is turned to the correct viewing angle (so you can see more of the side profile) it looks fine though. Did you notice the same thing?

Maybe ever so slightly, but it is not at all noticeable unless I have him turned such that the top of his mask is aligned with his face and I am looking over the top of his helmet.

Hey Transient - If you get a chance can you get some more eye level photos of Vader with all his different set ups??

Would be nice to see him from a level view.

Yeah, I will tomorrow once I can get some natural sunlight in here to help out my aging camera setup.

Im planning to display him with fist arm :(
I dont know how SS keep manage to disappoint us in the big releases, is't hard to stick for what in their product page??

Back