Darth Maul – STAR WARS Mythos Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Darth Vader (Mythos) Statue

Wait! There's orange overspray on the helmeted head as well?

Mine doesn't seem to go up the side as much as Freemans (maybe the pic just makes it look more than mine though) but the orange is there.

Wait! There's orange overspray on the helmeted head as well?

I can tell different lighting Fremen, and thanks for another view of this amazing statue. I just never noticed that detail before, so I'm wondering if it's hit or miss.

Mine doesn't seem to go up the side as much as Freemans (maybe the pic just makes it look more than mine though) but the orange is there.

It's on mine and looks fine in person.

P1190447_zpsc6308f64.jpg

I did a little video of it.
[ame]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=c9ae5byvydk[/ame]

........................double post.................

That's Jerry Vanderstelt. He's a member here. Dutchart is his user name. All of his work is spectacular. And clearly that piece is a canvas edition. I have a canvas of his latest Star Wars piece, Artoo.

thanks for the info.

It's nice to see SSC man up, stand behind their product and take care of their customers. Hopefully that is the start of a new trend....
Did they say whether they are halting shipping of Vader and will ship the rest when the statue is complete or do we have to order now and get the arm separately?

Yeah they did a great job. For $1200 it better be realistic and well
Done :yess::clap lol

$1200 and you have it half way over the edge???? :horror:horror:panic:

Yeah, I'm in UK, bought direct from Sideshow.
Other than gentle giant stuff. This is my first proper statue.
I'm very impressed with the quality of this piece, really well made. So heavy too.

Went ahead and ordered the Maul statue and received it today...unfortunately I had to contact Sideshow over the midsection of the body. It looks like the piece that is supposed to be flowing in the wind was out of line and instead of fixing it, the person filled the gap with glue and just painted over it. It looks pretty bad in these pictures but looks 10 times worse in hand. Did anyone else have this issue?

IMG_0541_zpsf909ed99.jpg

IMG_0542_zps860d5d5d.jpg

IMG_0538_zps017018f6.jpg

Any EU folks buying this? Would love to know where you're getting yours from.

Thanks for the video review! The gloss/matte finish difference didn't look so apparent with the flash turned off. Do you think it would look good with some led lights over this thing?

Oh ya. That would look fantastic! I'd love to see that.

It's nice to see SSC man up, stand behind their product and take care of their customers. Hopefully that is the start of a new trend....
Did they say whether they are halting shipping of Vader and will ship the rest when the statue is complete or do we have to order now and get the arm separately

I had mine shipped out yesterday so I'm guessing no. Can't wait for tomorrow night.:clap

Are you sure that its only part of it thats out of line? It looks like it may have been broken in half and Sideshow glued it back together and shipped it back out to someone else.

Are you sure that its only part of it thats out of line? It looks like it may have been broken in half and Sideshow glued it back together and shipped it back out to someone else.

LOL! That is definitely a possibility. Luckily I have already heard back from Sideshow on the matter and they have already processed me a new body. This was the quickest I have ever had one of these things resolved...it was literally less than 5 hours of contacting them. :clap

LOL! That is definitely a possibility. Luckily I have already heard back from Sideshow on the matter and they have already processed me a new body. This was the quickest I have ever had one of these things resolved...it was literally less than 5 hours of contacting them. :clap

That's really good news.

What number is the Maul you received?

That way we can see if Sideshow ships the damaged Maul to someone else like they did with that flawed returned Mythos Obi-Wan recently.

Any EU folks buying this? Would love to know where you're getting yours from.

Thanks for the video review! The gloss/matte finish difference didn't look so apparent with the flash turned off. Do you think it would look good with some led lights over this thing?

Italy here and I'm holding back for the arm issue, anyway I will probably buy it directly via SS, in particular if they have some decent discount code in the recent future... it's scandalous how here it costs almost as if I order directly from SS, for which I should pay over 23% of VAT.

I placed my order last week and only recieved the NRD email. I'm surprised there hasn't been any shipping info. I wonder if mine will be in a second batch with the corrected fist.

I'm more interested to see how the paint effect comes out.

Norway here and bought mine directly from SS, which I always do. But it's a special case for Norway, since we're not part of the EU we have to pay 25% VAT/tax on everything anyway no matter what country it comes from. So it's cheaper for me to buy directly from SS since EU retailers have higher prices and shipping is usually more or less the same.

Edit: Oh and by the way, I have also received the e-mail from SS now regarding the waitlist for a new arm. But had to contact them to get it..

Back