Premium Format Darth Malgus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Sith and their asthma problems! :lol

That's why I carry one of these...

asthma-inhaler-icon.png
:lol

:rotfl:rotfl Good dog!

Great review, Masterreplicasguy. I was never on the fence, but still a nice review.

To anyone who can answer, who exactly decides "Piece of the year?" and other stuff like that?

It's so strange how I'm defending SS because I was one of their biggest haters a few months ago for not giving me any replacements. But from what I seen. They are closing the accounts of people who is trying to sue them. I could be wrong but that's my guess. Still from what I see SS customer service has improve miles and miles. People are getting replacements and response times are not the best. But to me as long as I get what I need I'm ok with any wait time. Just saw another happy customer who just got another replacement. I must say SS is really OK in my book. I'm very impress with the service I'm getting now. Good QC, if not they fix it for me and to me this is the most important thing in collecting these things. So thank you sideshow!
But onto malgus wow I'm still amazed at this thing. Now I wonder who the next Jedi or sith will be. So many great possibilities. Still a action pose vader would rock. I have the old vader, I like him but I'm wanting so ething even better. The mythos one would be nice in pf!

From what you are seeng but its your guess??? Uhmm ok. No they closed accounts of collector who speak up for being treated unfair so yes your guess is wrong. I have seen emails put up to and from SS on other forums. SS is always ok in someones book until they have an issue, make a complaint, and they turn on you by closing your account. It is a good thing they are taking care of you. There seem to be many they are not taking care of. You can go into a thread here where collectors are awaiting a replacment and see for yourself. I have never hated SS and always defend them but recent events have shown me how petty they are. I sincerely hope it never happens to you CBG. You seem very fond of them.

But back to Malgus. I am having a hard time with the hood. I cannot seem to get it to look good. It seems many other collectors are having the same issue from photos and videos I see here. Deos any one have a good photo or video of the hood and robe on how to make it look more natural??

If you guys got time check out my review of him, perhaps it will help some of you on the fence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmsJejtGih4

This is a great collecton you have. Thank you for sharing.

Last edited:
Just unboxed mine yesterday. Its the best statue I've purchased so far. I'm new to this hobby, my first SS statue was The Baroness Ex and her execution was disappointing (clothing/butt) but I was able to sell her and make $$. Then I bought the Rhino Ex and some how ended up with 3 of them. All 3 had cracks, on 2 of them, thier bodies were too dark with light grey heads and on one of the heads the eyes where way too high (rolling back). I sent one back to SS, sold one and lost $$ and kept one (the best one) which I'm willing to sell but not at a loss. I also have he Joker Ex which I bought from a member here. I guess I don't have any complaints about him or much praise, he's just to compliment BM.

Darth Malgus is great, if only every statue was like this. If your very picky I guess you could point out a few blemishes (I have one on the base). The hood was tricky to set up, but now on display he looks awesome.

From what you are seeng but its your guess??? Uhmm ok. No they closed accounts of collector who speak up for being treated unfair so yes your guess is wrong. I have seen emails put up to and from SS on other forums. SS is always ok in someones book until they have an issue, make a complaint, and they turn on you by closing your account. It is a good thing they are taking care of you. There seem to be many they are not taking care of. You can go into a thread here where collectors are awaiting a replacment and see for yourself. I have never hated SS and always defend them but recent events have shown me how petty they are. I sincerely hope it never happens to you CBG. You seem very fond of them.

I didn't know SSC was like that. Luckily, I've never had to deal with them in that capacity. Of course, with me getting into PF and Statues the chances of getting damaged stuff is greater than before.

Thanks to a fellow Freak board member, I was able to purchase the Darth Malgus PF EX version for a very good price. I received Malgus and the Galactus maquette on the same day. I have opened them both up and while Galactus looks really good, Malgus just looks soooo much better. I have never seen such detailed and well painted head sculpts on a PF from Sideshow before. Everything about this guy is extremely well done. The sculpt, paint apps, pose and for those who equate weight with quality, this guy is solid and heavy. What a fantastic piece. Here are some pics of #349/500.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyQx-Bm_QFQ[/ame]

EX head

Thanks to a fellow Freak board member, I was able to purchase the Darth Malgus PF EX version for a very good price. I received Malgus and the Galactus maquette on the same day. I have opened them both up and while Galactus looks really good, Malgus just looks soooo much better. I have never seen such detailed and well painted head sculpts on a PF from Sideshow before. Everything about this guy is extremely well done. The sculpt, paint apps, pose and for those who equate weight with quality, this guy is solid and heavy. What a fantastic piece. Here are some pics of #349/500.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyQx-Bm_QFQ

EX head

Oh hell yeah! Sick vid to add as an opener! That just gave me chills! Good stuff Ski! Now the wait becomes so much harder!,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyQx-Bm_QFQ

I like how you set up the hood. I'm going to try to copy that.

As for the vid, the first time a heard that song was on Supernatural which worked much better. It sent a shiver up my spine. Old guy (death) driving a caddy...

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1EzU9sLQ6I"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1EzU9sLQ6I[/ame]

Back