Darth Malgus - Sideshow 1/6th Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Woah all cathode sabers would be awesome. I think I'll do it too. It's just kinda expensive. $50 per saber?

And the thing I don't like about the repaints is that they make them too dark. If you remember, old snake is super pale in mgs4. All the repaints make him look like he was chilling on south beach with mei ling the whole game. (Mei ling likes old guys joke :p)

And tell me more about this twisty tie thing. It does look sick. But which kind is it? And you said you paint them?
Yeah. Well, more sabers = more discount if I'm not mistaken. And its easier to have the guy wire everything and set them up for me. So far I have about 5 lightsaber wielders. Hoping to expand that to at least 12 before I send the hilts. One detolf full of lit up sabers. Would look absolutely majestic. This guy, Malgus soon to be one of them. Though I really have no idea who to pair him up with. Kind of a standalone from a game. And the others from movies. Was hoping at least Satele Shan or her master the Zabrak. I forgot his damn name. Hell, even Revan and Malak would be good for this guy.
Yeah, it's hard to find good repaints, but some are actually very good. My Dooku is a little tanned, but it has that old people skin tone and blotches which I like. Adds to the overall appearance.

And the twisty ties are actually grey. Didn't paint them at all here. Haven't found the correct color for it. I got mine from the figures I buy. McFarlanes, SIC, and Neca. So I just keep those to use as effect parts.

Yeah I saw that. Before discounts, my total would be like $295.. Yikes. That's pretty much the cost of the HT Raiden I have ordered.

Ohh so you have decided to get Malgus.. Hahah. Yeah I'm gonna put them all together because they're all sith, but KOTOR Sith are most wanted. Especially now that I have a Dooku.

Did you ever get the HT Naked Snake and the Boss? Naked Snake is currently my fave fig. I paid retail and I don't regret a single penny. Ended up getting the Boss half off ^_^

Ohh.. I know Dooku comes with some so I can use those!

Yeah I saw that. Before discounts, my total would be like $295.. Yikes. That's pretty much the cost of the HT Raiden I have ordered.

Ohh so you have decided to get Malgus.. Hahah. Yeah I'm gonna put them all together because they're all sith, but KOTOR Sith are most wanted. Especially now that I have a Dooku.

Did you ever get the HT Naked Snake and the Boss? Naked Snake is currently my fave fig. I paid retail and I don't regret a single penny. Ended up getting the Boss half off ^_^

Ohh.. I know Dooku comes with some so I can use those!

Hahahah yeah. But in the long run, it would be oh so worth it. To see all the sith lit up from underneath with their own lightsabers, incredible.
Still trying to look for Malgus at a good deal. I never keep boxes and stuff anymore. Too much space used. :/
Yeah! I have the Naked Snake, got him for $100 MISB. Not the Boss though. For some reason no one wants to sell her cheap. And I heard there was an abundant supply of the two. It was my first ever 1/6 fig. Got him for my 21st birthday, which was 2 years ago. Can't believe I already have 25 1/6 figures in the 2 years of collecting. It's a lot for a student such as myself with not really that much money to spare. But alas, proper financial planning helps a lot.

Yep. Whatever amount he comes with is definitely enough to put around one hand. And the lightsaber in the other. Very Dooku-ish.

YES. The thought is something I'm not ready for. Still haven't got Darth Maul yet. Which version do you recommend? Although I'm not quite sure I want him. I never cared much for him tbh. I think I may wait for HT to do it. I'm in no rush. I really just wanted Vader, Dooku, Grievous, and any KOTOR Sith. And I'm pretty sure HT will make the Emperor, so I'll wait for that version too.

I ended up getting a new exclusive Malgus for $160 on ebay. Not bad.

Whaaaat?!? only $100??? That's insane. Must have been right after release. I got mine a month ago lol. You can find the Boss now for about $130-$170. I was lucky and managed to get her for $120 brand new.

And yeah I'm in the same boat. Student/working and using what little money I can scrape together to save for the figs I want. I only collect Metal Gear and Star Wars. Nothing else interests me enough to spend hundreds on haha.

Found this Darth Malak statue on Ebay, but its only 7 inches tall. Still tempting because of the jaw.

$_12.JPG

YES. The thought is something I'm not ready for. Still haven't got Darth Maul yet. Which version do you recommend? Although I'm not quite sure I want him. I never cared much for him tbh. I think I may wait for HT to do it. I'm in no rush. I really just wanted Vader, Dooku, Grievous, and any KOTOR Sith. And I'm pretty sure HT will make the Emperor, so I'll wait for that version too.

I ended up getting a new exclusive Malgus for $160 on ebay. Not bad.

Whaaaat?!? only $100??? That's insane. Must have been right after release. I got mine a month ago lol. You can find the Boss now for about $130-$170. I was lucky and managed to get her for $120 brand new.

And yeah I'm in the same boat. Student/working and using what little money I can scrape together to save for the figs I want. I only collect Metal Gear and Star Wars. Nothing else interests me enough to spend hundreds on haha.

I would recommend the Sideshow Maul for the vastly superior tailoring on the robes. Boots and headsculpt would have to be the Medicom. SS has the calm, serene face while the Medicom brings out the Phantom Menace the most.
Grievous is an outstanding figure, just not on my top list as of yet, since I still don't have a Vader myself. My 1/6 Gentle Giant statue is being sold off. I love 1/6 tailoring and possibility of poses more than I do statues. Granted it's very nice, but I'm sure the HT version will be far better than anything we've ever seen.
Oh wow the exclusive for $160? Not bad. Not bad at all. There's a regular one here for $140. Still have to wait at least until after my two upcoming POs are done.
I collect pretty much what I like. Movies, characters, etc. I do love Metal Gear, but I'm very choosy on design and sculpt. I knly collect the good 1/6 figures. Not getting the PAKs.
Found this Darth Malak statue on Ebay, but its only 7 inches tall. Still tempting because of the jaw.

$_12.JPG
Yeah it's pretty awesome. If I was collecting the Kotobukiya's Artfx stuff, I'd get it, but I just collect 1/6 now. So I guess I could wait or commission a 1/6 if I can ever afford it lol

I would recommend the Sideshow Maul for the vastly superior tailoring on the robes. Boots and headsculpt would have to be the Medicom. SS has the calm, serene face while the Medicom brings out the Phantom Menace the most.
Grievous is an outstanding figure, just not on my top list as of yet, since I still don't have a Vader myself. My 1/6 Gentle Giant statue is being sold off. I love 1/6 tailoring and possibility of poses more than I do statues. Granted it's very nice, but I'm sure the HT version will be far better than anything we've ever seen.
Oh wow the exclusive for $160? Not bad. Not bad at all. There's a regular one here for $140. Still have to wait at least until after my two upcoming POs are done.
I collect pretty much what I like. Movies, characters, etc. I do love Metal Gear, but I'm very choosy on design and sculpt. I knly collect the good 1/6 figures. Not getting the PAKs.

Yeah it's pretty awesome. If I was collecting the Kotobukiya's Artfx stuff, I'd get it, but I just collect 1/6 now. So I guess I could wait or commission a 1/6 if I can ever afford it lol

Eh I think I'm good without Maul for now. Yeah its between Vader and Grievous atm. I can get Grievous now and wait for my SS PO of Vader in January, or I can pickup Vader on Ebay. I saw the exclusive Vader for $275. Not sure its worth it just for the cut hand. I'd never pose him like that anyway haha.

Your MGS collection must be small lol. The Play Arts are pretty much the only good MGS figs out right now. I have almost all of them. Only missing Meryl and Kaz. Not bothering with the extra Snakes from PW. Managed to get the Sneaking Suit Snake from PW for a whopping $11 brand new. He goes for $120-$160 online for some reason. My local store had him and didn't care about online value lolol.

And I'm preordering all of the MGSV Play Arts as soon as I can, as well as anymore MGS HT. I hope HT do MGS4 Old Snake, MGSV Venom Snake, or MGS1 Solid Snake next. Instant preorder. Already have Venom Snake Play arts preordered at amiami. Also managed to get the Medicom Raiden for like $300. Was sheer luck tbh.

I think I mighttt get the Malak statue eventually. There's literally no other iteration of him, and I have no skill or experience in modding figs.

Eh I think I'm good without Maul for now. Yeah its between Vader and Grievous atm. I can get Grievous now and wait for my SS PO of Vader in January, or I can pickup Vader on Ebay. I saw the exclusive Vader for $275. Not sure its worth it just for the cut hand. I'd never pose him like that anyway haha.

Your MGS collection must be small lol. The Play Arts are pretty much the only good MGS figs out right now. I have almost all of them. Only missing Meryl and Kaz. Not bothering with the extra Snakes from PW. Managed to get the Sneaking Suit Snake from PW for a whopping $11 brand new. He goes for $120-$160 online for some reason. My local store had him and didn't care about online value lolol.

And I'm preordering all of the MGSV Play Arts as soon as I can, as well as anymore MGS HT. I hope HT do MGS4 Old Snake, MGSV Venom Snake, or MGS1 Solid Snake next. Instant preorder. Already have Venom Snake Play arts preordered at amiami. Also managed to get the Medicom Raiden for like $300. Was sheer luck tbh.

I think I mighttt get the Malak statue eventually. There's literally no other iteration of him, and I have no skill or experience in modding figs.

The skinny arms on SS Vader is steering me away. The Gentle Giant statue I have is bulky and very intimidating. If they made him as bulky as Malgus is, it'd be infinitely better. Though that just might be due to his armor plates.

Yep. Just 3 figures and with the upcoming HT Raiden, makes it 4. My dream would be 1/6 Gray Fox, Solid Snake, Meryl, Ocelot, Eva and most of the characters in MGSV. Quiet is pretty hot, and I love BB's sneaking suit.

I got my Medicom Raiden at $215, used and a little broke, but I make do with what I got and got a coat for him to hide the ripped seams. I don't really mind posing him in deep stances. Hahaha. And I love him with the coat anyhow.

Same, I would love to learn and try kitbashing, but I'm so scared I'll ruin everything. Hahaha. My OCD would go nuts.

The skinny arms on SS Vader is steering me away. The Gentle Giant statue I have is bulky and very intimidating. If they made him as bulky as Malgus is, it'd be infinitely better. Though that just might be due to his armor plates.

Yep. Just 3 figures and with the upcoming HT Raiden, makes it 4. My dream would be 1/6 Gray Fox, Solid Snake, Meryl, Ocelot, Eva and most of the characters in MGSV. Quiet is pretty hot, and I love BB's sneaking suit.

I got my Medicom Raiden at $215, used and a little broke, but I make do with what I got and got a coat for him to hide the ripped seams. I don't really mind posing him in deep stances. Hahaha. And I love him with the coat anyhow.

Same, I would love to learn and try kitbashing, but I'm so scared I'll ruin everything. Hahaha. My OCD would go nuts.

Yeah the skinny arms are a detractor, but I don't care too much. The rest of the figure is perfect to me. (many in the boards would disagree, but I don't see any issues) My fave suit is ESB/ROTJ and the light up features and shaw sculpt are way too much to pass up. Will still prob consider the HT Vader whenever that happens too. I'm a bit of a vader homer lol.

I couldn't handle that many 1/6 MGS figs. I just don't have the space :lol And you know who seriously needs a figure? Ocelot. At this point, I just want a Play Arts version. I mean seriously, they can do 2 snakes, kid mantis, and phantom volgin (yes volgin -__-), but they can't do Ocelot...? I hope they're just staggering the announcements and we get it eventually. He looks like a boss in The Phantom Pain.

Oh that sucks that it was broke. Mine was $300 but brand new and sealed. I was looking for a jacket, but I seriously can't find one. Any tips? I've searched hours and hours trying to find it.

Me too. My OCD is unparalleled. I was going to kitbash a Jedi Luke from ROTJ, but cancelled those plans when I heard about HT doing it. I would be so pissed to spend the money on the HT Luke sculpt, body, clothes, and accessories, only to have a far superior version come out for prob $100 less. I always prefer official stuff for some reason.

I don't really mind any Vaders to be honest. I just love the guy! And the Sideshow is a very good package what with the lights and everything. But it really just never really called out to me. Been watching Malgus' reviews. Damn. Why did I ever skip this guy? Can't wait to be done with a few of my POs to be able to afford this beast.

Hahahah yeah! I prefer official stuff too. It's just....a much better value in my opinion. Packaging, everything. Only McFarlane did Ocelot and that was eons ago. We really do need a high end figure of the guy.
These are about the only Metal Gear figure I own. Heavily thinking on Nendoroid Solid Snake though. He's too cute!

6b27d78129115f8a90f4c539be83a4e0.jpg

Nope, Vader is calling out to me. I can hear it now. Haha
If anything I'll def get the ccfl saber for him. It will go great with his light up features.

Yes the reviews swayed me considerably on Malgus. So hype. I didn't care too much for his suit. It was the cape and sculpts that did it. Looks so good! What other POs do you have?

Thought about pulling the trigger on McFarlane ocelot but didn't like the sculpt. Hahaha do it! I have him on po. It's 34 on amiami. He even comes with cb box, pixelated ps1 head, and mini cig. I couldn't resist. There's supposed to be a venom snake nendroid soon too.

Awesome display! If I didn't have those 3 I'd be insanely jealous. What kind of display do you have? I really need one.

Definitely. His cape and sculpt is very well done. One of the best SS have ever put out. It had been clone after clone. It's good to see a force user now and again. I never played the Old Republic. But I can't stop watching the intro movies. I love master Kao Cen Darach. 1 single and 1 double bladed all at the same time? Gives me goosebumps to see just how cool he is. And I love Zabraks, so that's a plus.
Hahahahaha. I have a few POs now. Two anime PVC figs, HT Raiden, HT Heartbreaker, HT Arkham City Batman, Pangaea Achilles, HT Bones.

I love the Han Solo and Chewie HT is churning out. But at those prices, sadly I wont be able to afford them :(

Besides, force users takes priority over everyone else. One day maybe I'll collect the clone commanders as well. They're very cool in groups. And very distinctive. Almost like Republic Commandos. So cool.

I'm using detolfs for display. Easier to manage with. I dont know any other cabinets that could display these figures better.

I just might grab the Nendo Snake and put him up with the 1/6. Hahaha. Have him at the front crawled under the box. It would be very cute and cool at the same time!

Hahah I knowww! There was almost no dialogue and it was still great to watch! You should really play it. Its completely free and it really feels like Kotor. Everything is voice acted too. I'm a few hours in and just got my lightsaber. I really like how its online, but still single player story centric. There's other people, but you always feel like the most important one there lol

Oh nice nice. I have too many PO's atm. Nendo Snake, PAK Venom Snake, HT Raiden, SS Vader, SS Jango, SS Scout Trooper, SS Hoth Luke, SS Hoth Han, HT Chewie, HT Han, SS Boba (waitlist). Whew.

The Han and Chewie look good, but like you said, force users > everyone else. I'm probably gonna cancel them, along with Hoth Han and SS Boba. Not sure yet. Hoth Luke looks too good to cancel. The head sculpt surpasses HT DX07.

I want to keep my collection small and vital. Not too many side characters. That's why I'm focusing on Sith. Their numbers are small and they look cooler anyways. I do want one Luke, Anakin, and Obi-Wan though. They're too important to ignore. I'm gonna wait on HT for those.

Hmm I've heard about detolfs. I need to check them out.

Yes!! I plan on putting him next to my computer as a study partner during homework :p

Just checked the tracking number for malgus. Should be here tomorrow! That was really fast.

Woah. Big PO list there! My quintessential Luke would have to be his Jedi Knight look. Him, Vader, and Sidious would be my display.
Hell yeah. I love the Siths too. I just really like the red sabers and force lightning mostly, but yeah.
HT has got around 11 more characters to announce if I'm not wrong. So expect a ton of core OT characters.
You really should. They are amazing. And easy to assemble too.
Hahahahaha. I probably won't. I'd get distracted too much and just keep playing with the guy instead of studying.
Woah that was really quick. Nice! Don't forget to put up pictures!

Hahaha it was more of an impulse PO list. I would've thought much harder about it if I couldn't cancel them :p Like I said, prob only keeping Vader, Jango, and Hoth Luke. Might forgo Hoth Luke and wait for HT Jedi Luke.

Yeah I saw the other thread. I'd prob only take Jedi Luke, Vader, Emperor, and Boba Fett. Maybe Ben Kenobi. Idk. He may feel outnumbered among all the sith lol.
I'm really hoping HT gives us some prequel trilogy figs. If its only Anakin and Obi-Wan from ROTS, I'd be fine with that. Anakin would need two head sculpts though. Jedi and Sith eyes. I'd pre-order in a heartbeat.

I looked them up on ikea. I'm def getting them. Which lighting would you recommend? The dioder?

Of course! I think it will prob push you over the edge to order hahah.

Ahh okay. Keep the guy, get a Tauntaun as well as Hoth Luke. It'd be a pretty cool display piece. Too bad they have no plans whatsoever for PT. Just doing OT in preparation for Ep VII. I'd love to have an Anakin DX with two heads.
Dioders are very nice. Up to you really whether you want the LED strips or puck lights. But I love the strips as it lights up my figures better and it highlights the details better. Puck lights are very cool for one or two figures per shelf.

Hahahahaa. I hope it does! I have so many poses for him in my head.

LOL! A tauntaun? for $300? Nope sorry. It may look cool, but I think I'll pass. I never really liked the tauntauns much and only wanted Hoth Luke to make a bespin Luke. I figured I could just buy the hot toys clothes. But now I may just wait for HT Jedi Luke altogether. It makes it cheaper for me haha.

:/ Yeah you're prob right. But I could've sworn there was an interview from Hot Toys talking about Anakin Skywalker...

Hmmm.... Where did you get the strips from? I'm down to consider it.

Loll I guess you'll be ordering tomorrow! Or tuesday.. Whenever it gets here :p

Back