Darth Malgus - Sideshow 1/6th Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No offense but sideshow knows Vaders a CASH COW so they marketed him that way at least we get a TON of goodies with Vader. The huge stand and xtra head sculpts & helmet its all good just stoked, both SITH will be here soon.

Agreed... you get a lot with Vader and he's also a much larger figure. Now he is a bit oversized, but when you compare the two at $250 Vader's not too bad with the extra features, light-up chest etc.

Anybody else have an issue with the knees not moving at all? I had to pop one back into the point, but even after that it feels like I'm gonna destroy the knee joint by trying to bend it.

Anybody else have an issue with the knees not moving at all? I had to pop one back into the point, but even after that it feels like I'm gonna destroy the knee joint by trying to bend it.

One knee was tight but I just made sure the joint was facing the right way and placed my thumb in the knee joint on the back side. Then I just slowly put pressure on it while bending the lower leg and worked it out. Moves fine now.

the paint aps on the sculpt do not compare at all, the only thing they are creeping on hot toys with is price. Now don't get me wrong and I love their starwars line, but vader for 250 is a no no, only reason I paid 185 for malgus is because how intricate his suit is. I still rather get ht version anyday.

I have to disagree on this one. They did an amazing job on the paint apps, and the quality of the suit it amazing. This one is very close to hot toys class.

Last edited:
Well my Malgus was suppose to be here on Wednesday.
UPS said there were "adverse weather conditions" in my area that day.
It was total BS!
It showed up 14 hours after it was sent out for delivery today.
God I hate UPS so much!
Anyway,the figure is amazing!
One of my favorite EU characters going!

Yup my cousin had this issue. When he opened his malgus the only joint that had full articulation was his right arm. He left it in a room with the radiator on for the last day or so to try and "warm him up" hoping the joints will move if they are warmer. He has yet to update me on his progress though.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Please know that the joints on Malgus have been tightened on this figure. Additionally the final armor/costume on Malgus will cause limitation to just how extreme people articulate this figure (there's just only so far one will be able to bend the figure at it's knees for example). That all said people can help to loosen up the joints on Malgus a bit if you find he's not giving any give at the knees and elbows (but I want to caution that folks should be mindful and only do this if you feel comfortable as you could potentially still break your figure at the joints if you are too forceful).

For the knees
Simply grip on either sides of the knee joint with your thumbs and index fingers (VERY CLOSE TO THE KNEE JOINT I want to add) and start bending it back and forth (like how a normal knee would bend) until you achieve some more articulation flexability.

For the elbows
Simply grip on either sides of the elbow joint thumbs and index fingers (VERY CLOSE TO THE ELBOW JOINT I want to add) and start bending it back and forth (like how a an elbow would bend) until you achieve some more articulation flexability.

Please, please, please be careful if any of you do decide to take a stab about loosening the Malgus elbow and knee joints in this fashion.

Hope this is able to help!

-SideshowAlex

Thanks Alex! I was able to get some movement out of the knees last night by doing exactly what you said, and while scary I can move the knees now.

Well my Malgus was suppose to be here on Wednesday.
UPS said there were "adverse weather conditions" in my area that day.
It was total BS!
It showed up 14 hours after it was sent out for delivery today.
God I hate UPS so much!
Anyway,the figure is amazing!
One of my favorite EU characters going!

Same story here! I'm in Boston and my Malgus was delayed due to
"adverse weather conditions".

Some quick pic's I'll take some better one's tommorow in the daytime. HE is realy stiff at 1st and take's some good futzing ,but absolutely
LOVE this guy.

Got Malgus today but too tired to open him up today. I've been working on my Home Theater, building a new AV Rack for 8 components.

Please know that the joints on Malgus have been tightened on this figure. Additionally the final armor/costume on Malgus will cause limitation to just how extreme people articulate this figure (there's just only so far one will be able to bend the figure at it's knees for example). That all said people can help to loosen up the joints on Malgus a bit if you find he's not giving any give at the knees and elbows (but I want to caution that folks should be mindful and only do this if you feel comfortable as you could potentially still break your figure at the joints if you are too forceful).

For the knees
Simply grip on either sides of the knee joint with your thumbs and index fingers (VERY CLOSE TO THE KNEE JOINT I want to add) and start bending it back and forth (like how a normal knee would bend) until you achieve some more articulation flexability.

For the elbows
Simply grip on either sides of the elbow joint thumbs and index fingers (VERY CLOSE TO THE ELBOW JOINT I want to add) and start bending it back and forth (like how a an elbow would bend) until you achieve some more articulation flexability.

Please, please, please be careful if any of you do decide to take a stab about loosening the Malgus elbow and knee joints in this fashion.

Hope this is able to help!

-SideshowAlex

Thank you Alex. I was able to get Malgus' elbow loose enough to flex almost 90 degrees. Can Malgus hold the lightsaber in his right hand? The right hand that look like it can hold the saber has the thumb and index finger molded together so the lightsaber doesn't fit. He can hold it in his left hand fine. Should I break apart the mold between his thumb and index finger on the right hand?

Same story here! I'm in Boston and my Malgus was delayed due to
"adverse weather conditions".

Me too. I am north of Boston and got bumped from Wed to Thurs.

Can anyone confirm that he has no waist articulation? Or is that tight too?

No waist articulation on mine Dave.

Can anyone confirm that he has no waist articulation? Or is that tight too?

The figure can only *technically* bend at the waist.
They have used the "Snake Eyes" Prometheus body with the muscle arms(Albeit with the arms moulded in black):

nude.jpg

But the problem comes from the two piece moulded lower body armour being in one piece over the top of the bodysuit.
That's what is hindering all the articulation:

bodyarmor.jpg

And thanks for my username change Dave!
:clap:yess:

Thank you Alex. I was able to get Malgus' elbow loose enough to flex almost 90 degrees. Can Malgus hold the lightsaber in his right hand? The right hand that look like it can hold the saber has the thumb and index finger molded together so the lightsaber doesn't fit. He can hold it in his left hand fine. Should I break apart the mold between his thumb and index finger on the right hand?

The pommel of the lightsaber hilt for Malgus (the silver top/knob specifically) is removable. Simply take that piece off the hilt, slide the hilt into the hand, replace the silver pommel and viola...he's holding the saber.

-SideshowAlwx

Damn, he looks great. I see he ended up shipping with the thick blade.

Alex, give us an update, whos next from the Old republic line? :wink1:

Back