Darth Malgus - Sideshow 1/6th Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just out of curiosity, if they continue this line, what would people wanna see announced next? Shae, a Sith trooper, or maybe one of the Jedi or smuggler charaters?

Or is this a one off for most? I'd personally love to see this line continue.

I'd like to see
Nico Okarr
NicoOkarr-Return.png

NicoOkarrBadass-Return.png

Nice review; is it usually easy to "undress" these figures 'cause when i get mine i might go in and toss out those thigh overlays.

Pretty impressive figure... I can't muster any interest in owning him, but overall Sideshow looks like they delivered on him. Only issues I could really see from the RS pics is the paintwork on the heads being a bit heavy handed and the grey parts of the armor needing a bit more weathering or to even be a bit darker... but still overall a really good looking figure of a (to me) non-essential character :lol

My cousin has just received this figure here in Ireland (dunno how he got it so quick) but the joints are stuck. He's afraid to put pressure on the joints for fear of breakingbthem and the hairdryer wont work due to the bodysuit. He can only fully move the right arm. Anyone have any ideas?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

If he can, I'd go ahead and undress the figure... usually that way you can see what's stuck and not.

Is it very cold or warm where he's at? I've never had a figure be completely stuck, closest was when I the battle droids arrived on a cold day and I put them in front of a space heater to warm them up before posing. Which that might also work if the figure is just cold and the reason for the joints being stuck. A hair dryer might warp stuff since it's so hot and directed, but being close to space heater "should" be safe.

If he can, I'd go ahead and undress the figure... usually that way you can see what's stuck and not.

Is it very cold or warm where he's at? I've never had a figure be completely stuck, closest was when I the battle droids arrived on a cold day and I put them in front of a space heater to warm them up before posing. Which that might also work if the figure is just cold and the reason for the joints being stuck. A hair dryer might warp stuff since it's so hot and directed, but being close to space heater "should" be safe.

^^This^^
Shouldn't be too hard to get the armour off to check.
Also, tell him to gently try bending the arm other ways. It *could* be that the elbow joint is facing the wrong way.

Its about 5c here so its not super cold but not warm either. The figure has been sitting in his mothers house since last friday so it shouldnt be too cold. He's afraid of stretching out the body suit if he removes it. I may just say it to him about leaving it in a warm (ish) room to see if it heats up.

The bodysuits are usually safe... I've undressed and redressed the ANH Vader a few times and never had any issues with the suit being messed up from it.

Great review as always from the da bomb show sooooo glad he will be here Friday, cant wait for him to arrive.

The bodysuits are usually safe... I've undressed and redressed the ANH Vader a few times and never had any issues with the suit being messed up from it.

Thanks GB he's going to put it in a warm room over night and see if he can move the joints tomorrow morning.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Impressive. Most impressive.

He is mighty fine, and could persuade me about Sideshow's Vader down the line. Not as many hands, but both left and right handed. Still $70 more for Vader... I'd rather get 2 clones at this stage.

Really happy to see Sideshow's chosen better material for the Malgus and new Vader capes... these really seem to have a near perfect drape to them. Nice not to feel the need to replace a cape for a change :lol

Really happy to see Sideshow's chosen better material for the Malgus and new Vader capes... these really seem to have a near perfect drape to them. Nice not to feel the need to replace a cape for a change :lol

theyre creeping in on trumping HT's... first wrist pegs for all hands, now better Head sculpts and some better materials.... :D

theyre creeping in on trumping HT's... first wrist pegs for all hands, now better Head sculpts and some better materials.... :D

the paint aps on the sculpt do not compare at all, the only thing they are creeping on hot toys with is price. Now don't get me wrong and I love their starwars line, but vader for 250 is a no no, only reason I paid 185 for malgus is because how intricate his suit is. I still rather get ht version anyday.

No offense but sideshow knows Vaders a CASH COW so they marketed him that way at least we get a TON of goodies with Vader. The huge stand and xtra head sculpts & helmet its all good just stoked, both SITH will be here soon.

Back