DarkSide: Terminator 2 - T-1000 1:3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the t-1000 in general can a be a little underwhelming in figure/statue form. If he doesn’t have liquid metal accessories or switch out options then he just ends up looking like a random cop on display.
Agree and hence the face needs to be spot on for the t-1000. Needs to have that eerie Robert Patrick death stare. I still get shivers on how he pulled off the role so well, didn't even look like he took a breath the entire movie. Also didn't blink when he fired the pistol. Absolute legend.

Does that base light up an orange glow (to represent the steel mill beneath?). Or is it just added special effects in the video?

If it's a light up feature, that would actually look pretty cool, esp on the chrome liquid metal.

Any guesses on how much this will be?
A lot more than it's actually worth........:slap

Does that base light up an orange glow (to represent the steel mill beneath?). Or is it just added special effects in the video?

If it's a light up feature, that would actually look pretty cool, esp on the chrome liquid metal.

Any guesses on how much this will be?
This is Darkside collectibles, there price will be crazy high for no reason.

Yeah prices for this hobby in general are gettting out of hand. But this company charges more for their 1/3 pieces than prime 1 even.
The difference is that prime 1's 1/3 pieces are worth the prices they're listed for.......:)

The difference is that prime 1's 1/3 pieces are worth the prices they're listed for.......:)
Hmmm I'm not so sure given some of the 1/3 scales (alien big chap) they don't even offer replacement parts. There 1/3 DK joker was also barely passable and dissapointing for the price.

DarkSide Collectibles Studio said:
Celebrating the 30th Anniversary of the sci-fi classic 'Terminator 2: Judgment Day', Darkside Collectibles Studio TM proudly presents T-1000 30th Anniversary Premium Statues.

Highly detailed and accurate the statues have been developed under the supervision of Studio Canal for a stunning result of the iconic character. The finest sculpting details are implemented in these statues to guarantee the satisfaction of all Terminator Fans.
PRE ORDER NOW YOUR FAVORITE EDITION

www.darksidetoy.com

mNp7CnH.jpg

xj0DNKd.jpg

20oGjLh.jpg

9Ul8kDJ.jpg

ogSZjzb.jpg

BEqFK01.jpg

YuoU6CR.jpg

9TrgSDy.jpg

KEv4AoE.jpg

685ErMg.jpg

MsjyoSL.jpg

LVqKgMp.jpg

ndxJgpD.jpg

xABtthm.jpg

WNtPVaG.jpg

RPeGxi5.jpg

I could be wrong but I feel like the face is too wide at the areas of circled.

ogSZjzb.jpg

Other than that I think this looks pretty good.

Face needs to be a little slimmer and younger looking, though not feeling it for the normal version.

The chrome version is not movie scene accurate but has more presence/energy of the T-1000. Though it's not a statue that I can marvel everyday, the full chrome look can get old quick.

Alone on their own neither of them hit their mark. Having both would be the way to go, but then the price would be outrageously expensive. Not an easy character to pull off. Maybe a mixture of both via swap outs but in a way that does not jeopardise movie accuracy too much.

$1600 for this? No thanks. How can you charge more than prime 1 but not have the quality to match? I’ll be shocked if they sell more than 10 of these.

Last edited:
This looks like it would have been impressive if it came out 10 years ago, but with the likes of JND and Queen Studios pushing the envelope, this just isn't doing it for me. Needs mixed media and a better paint job.

Still, it's decent, but overpriced and probably won't come out for another 5 years.

I just realized this is fully sculpted, difficult to justify (and pull off) at 1/3. This would've been better as a 1/4 and-- wait, how is this more expensive than their Sarah Connor? That's a way more elaborate piece!

This looks like it would have been impressive if it came out 10 years ago, but with the likes of JND and Queen Studios pushing the envelope, this just isn't doing it for me. Needs mixed media and a better paint job.

Still, it's decent, but overpriced and probably won't come out for another 5 years.
This pretty much sums it up. Going full polystone they need to absolutely nail it. Just doesn't look like a modern statue. It's got the creepy cold T-1000 death gaze but that's about it. When it releases in 5 years time, it'll look even more outdated and may not even resemble the prototype. There is no value in paying this kind of coin for a statue that looks outdated before it's even released.

Back