Darkseid Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Forgot that the cool kids club is made up of people that like and buy everything without complaining or just keep it to themselves.

I have Bats, Supes, WW, Harley, Joker, Poison Ivy, Catwoman, all 3 DC JLA bust. Lobo and Power Girl on order. All exclusives.

As significant as Darkseid is as a character he is a pass for me. Gotta call them as I see them and vote with my money.

Looks like we're back to Sideshow being the Evil Empire :lol

Once again defending anything Sideshow does I see.

If they brought out a $2000 Jar Jar Binks PF with an 50,000 edition size you'd defend it.

I got to say I thought it was going to be around 30" with a smaller base, as opposed to superman so that he could be in proper scale, but it's a very nice sculpt and pose, but if it the size difference is too small next to supes then it might be a deal breaker for me, for some pieces size is that important.

Forgot that the cool kids club is made up of people that like and buy everything without complaining or just keep it to themselves.

I have Bats, Supes, WW, Harley, Joker, Poison Ivy, Catwoman, all 3 DC JLA bust. Lobo and Power Girl on order. All exclusives.

As significant as Darkseid is as a character he is a pass for me. Gotta call them as I see them and vote with my money.
And you're not in the club why, cause of one piece? Lol when you blow your nose it says sideshow on your napkin after.

J/k I agree with you, should be bigger every which way than the other dc pieces, specially height.

I like it and will be getting the exclusive, but I will wait for a coupon or until he sells out. No rush these days.

Ok, don't want people to start calling me an XM homer cuz I'm not...I simply buy what I like. In fact, I don't even own an XM piece yet. I just threw this together because when I think of a good badass villain comparison to Darkseid, I automatically think Thanos or Apocalypse. I just used Thanos since he is by a different studio and would make a better comparison being non SSC. Granted, price is not a great comparison unless you are talking about someone in the US buying an SSC piece vs someone in Singapore buying an XM Piece where there are no extra shipping fees. And I'm not really sure about the characters height being accurate but that's what I found on the wiki's for both villains. Doesn't it bother Darkseid fans a little that a guy who should be 8'9" is the same size statue as a guy who is 6'7"? Again, if my information is incorrect, my apologies. But if accurate, I would just expect Darkseid to be much more massive.

comparison.jpg

And you're not in the club why, cause of one piece? Lol when you blow your nose it says sideshow on your napkin after.

J/k I agree with you, should be bigger every which way than the other dc pieces, specially height.

:lol

Yeah bro, if there was ever a character that should command strength, size and intimidation is this one. I like Pablo V. as a sculptor but this one is a miss.

Too bad this is so expensive, though I knew it would be. I was humming and hawing about getting this yesterday morning then the Joker AA PF was announced and it made my decision. Glad I didnt pull the trigger on this one. JOKER FTW!

So many haters

Sure you can call us all that. I just feel this isn't worth this price point. Like I've said before. I was expecting $600. I was also expecting Gladiator Hulk size too. I'm not paying $600 for a regular 24' PF. Not going to happen. If this was $450 I would have gotten without hesitation. If it was $500 I may have still. I would have thought about it though.
The more I see Darkseid the more I like him. But I have standards and limits. I may just pick up Gladiator Hulk instead. Besides, you know there's going to be a variant, because just like Batman. SS won't be selling out of him, and need to repaint and re-solicit for an extra $100.

When there are companies like XM out there. Adding extras, basically giving you 2 statues in one. That's when SS can start asking for more since we're getting more. The way SS is going I wouldn't be surprised to see Aquaman for $450 -500. And he'll probably have pins since they are cheaper.

Also, I'd love to see the comic purists chiming in to discuss about his size. I suppose that comic accuracy is relevant only when another company makes changes to costumes. :dunno

Once again defending anything Sideshow does I see.

If they brought out a $2000 Jar Jar Binks PF with an 50,000 edition size you'd defend it.

Oh there are a few, i've been reading quite a few different forum listings and see the same few guys defending and damage controlling for SS.

Its all about qaulity. SSC are way behind compared to a newly risen comapny XM which is embarrassing. The paid apps ate beyond different. You just have to zoom in on his belt and it looks BORING grey as heck with little thickness inconsistencies. Its like the treat it as a 12 year old painting warhammer.

These prices are getting too crazy and greedy. Sculpted or 3D modelled they are still all recasts anyway.

stuff that $600. No matter how you look at it its not good news. Its bad news for everyone. Quality has not gone up 50%.

Besides crazy stupid price, thank god SS didn't put stupid Sauron like Lava glow paint on it...by those early preview pics I thought it coulda gone that route... I can't believe the freakin price they're asking here... $499 tops IMHO

Besides crazy stupid price, thank god SS didn't put stupid Sauron like Lava glow paint on it...by those early preview pics I thought it coulda gone that route... I can't believe the freakin price they're asking here... $499 tops IMHO

I was comparing this to Lobo. He blows this out of the water detail wise.

This is not hating on anything. It's about being realistic and evaluating if the value justifies the price. If it was properly scaled, this statue should be taller and thicker. It should have added accessories and/or switch outs for that price.

To each their own, tho. Buy it if you want to.

This is SSC's testing ground. If peps buy this then thats our price bench mark (and peps will). Just the statue 1/4 scale $600. Extras cost extras. Then you find QC probs. What bull. Its seriously a dark day for collectors.

Back