Dark Phoenix PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Depending on what the True in-hand pic's look like and not the preview and production pic's are will be the deciding factor but we have to remind ourselves there are Perfectionists and those that you can never please out there and if they don't get there way, Negative Opinions, same informed opinions where be posted about the New Red Sonja, you see has egg on there face now, I don't Abide to them.

From another forum:

"Very happy I preordered, tho my credit card is straining under the weight of three PFs shipping back to back around Christmas!"

"
Love it, Glad I PO'd Her"

"
I think this one looks great. I think Red Sonja looks great too."

"
Beautiful. If I had this coming, I'd be extremely happy with it. Sideshows streak continues."

"
Wow! What a gorgeous piece"

"
Love the production pics. This turned out great!"

"
Damn that looks good......"

"
She is breathtaking"

"
Wow she looks great."

"
I'm happy to see these pictures. I think she looks great."

"
I'm happy I PO'd. Probably only have to pay an additional $80 to have her paid off and shipped."

"
I love how she turned out. The EX portrait looks amazing to me! I think it's my favourite Jean Grey portrait to date."

"
Dark Phoenix production pics. Looks good."

Talk about fanboys ........................... you can alway count on this forum to hear the truth.

From another forum:

"Very happy I preordered, tho my credit card is straining under the weight of three PFs shipping back to back around Christmas!"

"

"

"
Beautiful. If I had this coming, I'd be extremely happy with it. Sideshows streak continues."

"

"

"

"
She is breathtaking"

"
Wow she looks great."

"

"
I'm happy I PO'd. Probably only have to pay an additional $80 to have her paid off and shipped."

"
I love how she turned out. The EX portrait looks amazing to me! I think it's my favourite Jean Grey portrait to date."

"

Talk about fanboys ........................... you can alway count on this forum to hear the truth.

Fan Boy my A$$, one of those is mine, second from the top HAHAHA, that said, but I always have the right to cancel at anytime and a Attorney ;)

I'm hoping that the production pic was just over exposed. I reduced the exposure on the right hand side.

What do you guys think? is it better?

DPComparePS_zpsuwwrvq7c.jpg

I'm a bit too nervous to respond

I still feel I've been kicked in the stomach

The adjustments look better but still a huge buzz kill

Out of the year long process, how long does it take to paint these things?

My guess not very long at all....

From another forum:

"

"

"

"

"

"

"
She is breathtaking"

"
Wow she looks great."

"

"

"

"

Funny stuff. The first red sonja disaster still has us traumatized.

I'm just hoping it looks better than these pictures, which is very possible. I guess we'll see.

Abdominal details are lost in the right picture.

That's because Sideshow can't be bothered with making multiple passes with different colors of paint. As others have mentioned, it's not even the correct red.
No shading on the production piece means the details on the abs are lost. It's hard to tell with the picture above, but it looks like they may have used only one color for the skin on her face. The prototype clearly has shading on the cheeks.

I hardly ever comment but wanted to here. I'm completely shocked at the difference between the proto and production pics SS posted. The red in these photos looks horrible and cheap. It even looks like the Piece they used for pics suffers from googly eyes in one of the photos. I only hope for the sake of anyone who POed her that this is noting more than bad photography.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is our recourse when Sideshow's production piece is this different from the prototype shown during preorder?

I have this on preorder, but if the final piece looks like a Bowen statue, Sideshow can keep it. That new single-tone bright red looks terrible compared to the prototype paint apps. shown at SDCC and it looks like there is NO shading on her face! I am seriously disappointed and can't justify spending $500 on this.

What is our recourse when Sideshow's production piece is this different from the prototype shown during preorder?

I have this on preorder, but if the final piece looks like a Bowen statue, Sideshow can keep it. That new single-tone bright red looks terrible compared to the prototype paint apps. shown at SDCC and it looks like there is NO shading on her face! I am seriously disappointed and can't justify spending $500 on this.
If it hasn't shipped yet, I would call them as soon as they're back to work from the holiday. See if they could at least transfer your funds towards a different item (if they won't refund it).

If it hasn't shipped yet, I would call them as soon as they're back to work from the holiday. See if they could at least transfer your funds towards a different item (if they won't refund it).

And if they refuse, just accept the package and do a return for a refund because you're unsatisfied with the product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

people need to just calm down and wait for it to get in collectors hands. Did nobody learn from the Red Sonja fiasco?

people need to just calm down and wait for it to get in collectors hands. Did nobody learn from the Red Sonja fiasco?

Agreed, I remember how much of a Debacle that was, the Crying and Wailing, Wringing of Hands and Gnashing of Teeth :lol:lol:lol, that said, if the in-hand pic's prove the fears of every one concerned, SSC will have a Mass Exodus of Pre-orders, that's what I am waiting for and that's just around the corner, release date Jan 2017.

I didnt have a problem with Red Sonja at all...

In fact I placed an order for one. Just to point out that Red Sonja the initial PF did have major issues with paint.. so I dont blame collectors for feeling apprehension waiting for the new one..

That said...

I do remember Rogue, Psylocke, Ultron, Apocalypse, Jean Grey, Nightcrawler, Darkchilde, Poison Ivy etc etc etc etc etc etc etc all of which I had orders for [and subsequently all of those had paint defects as the number one problem]

Back