Dark Phoenix PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Codes still pop up but you can only use 1 per account per promotion period. The real question is how long do we have to wait for the current promotion period to end so we can use another 10% code. Hopefully it's 1 per month like the monthly codes

In the end, it is a lesson for everyone moving forward. Don't order day 1 unless you don't care about saving 10%.
I have been buying from Sideshow since the very first Captain America PF back in 2005. I didn't know that promo codes could be used on preorder items but I learned my lesson. I will never preorder another TBD ES item from Sideshow again without a promo code. Really there hasn't been any fear of sell-outs on TBD items and the only reason I still preordered day 1 was out of "brand loyalty". I see where that got me.

Sideshow replied to my email and basically said "Thanks for being a loyal customer. Thank you for preordering early! Other people get the 5%-10% discount because they waited two months. You don't. Here is a link to our Newsletter."

I am a bit shocked at the flame wars and name calling going on here as it is a bit hypocritical that people are bashing people for wanting a promo code applied to their preorder and then the same people are complaining that they might lose promo codes now. It is crap in my opinion that I am expected to pay $25-50 more for the exact same preorder item that won't be released for 9-10 months, but like I said, I learned my lesson about preordering early.

Last edited:
Really if the 10% is going to make or break a person from affording this hobby, well maybe they shouldn't be buy statues anyways and stick to a roof and food....

Lol true but harsh. Everyone likes to save money though!

I didn't care for codes all that much years ago. If I liked a statue, I POd it on day 1. However, since quite a few PFs have been regularly hitting near or at the $500 price point, I've grown to appreciate whatever codes I can get my hands on. The price increases have gotten pretty high of late.

Codes still pop up but you can only use 1 per account per promotion period. The real question is how long do we have to wait for the current promotion period to end so we can use another 10% code. Hopefully it's 1 per month like the monthly codes

we are not talking about the monthly $20 codes. These are unique codes that you get each time you go through the process. I've done it 3 times in the past week or so.

Really if the 10% is going to make or break a person from affording this hobby, well maybe they shouldn't be buy statues anyways and stick to a roof and food....

I have to disagree with this. Why would anyone want to pay full price on anything if they don't have to? Saving money is saving money. I own xm pieces that I've paid $1k for, doesn't mean I want to throw away $50 if I don't have to.

we are not talking about the monthly $20 codes. These are unique codes that you get each time you go through the process. I've done it 3 times in the past week or so.

I have to disagree with this. Why would anyone want to pay full price on anything if they don't have to? Saving money is saving money. I own xm pieces that I've paid $1k for, doesn't mean I want to throw away $50 if I don't have to.

I agree about the saving money part, and I would also. Just the reaction on the board and people emailing and calling reps because of it is a tad bit over reacting is all, maybe my comment could be taken wrong in that regards, just seems a bit over dramatic to me is all.

I am a bit shocked at the flame wars and name calling going on here as it is a bit hypocritical that people are bashing people for wanting a promo code applied to their preorder and then the same people are complaining that they might lose promo codes now. It is crap in my opinion that I am expected to pay $25-50 more for the exact same preorder item that won't be released for 9-10 months, but like I said, I learned my lesson about preordering early.

You just answered to yourself:

Really there hasn't been any fear of sell-outs on TBD items and the only reason I still preordered day 1 was out of "brand loyalty". I see where that got me.

You decided to preorder day one for whatever reason you did. If this had sold out, you'd be saying something like "that's why I preorder early, you never know when something sells out".
You have absolutely no basis in asking that code to be applied to you because of loyalty or whatelse. Your loyalty already gives you reward points to spend on your orders. Your loyalty has gave you the chance, over the years, to buy at retail stuff that's now worth 4-5 times its original value.
You could have, like others have done, emailed them asking to cancel your current order(s), refund your NRD and reorder with the discount.
What do people expect, exactly, by calling and making a case of principles and equity out of this? That a company will suddenly say "yeah sure, let me give a 10% discount to all previous orders"? You perfectly know that if people start throwing morals around the only possible reaction by a company is to tone things down. End of the day, you don't have your discounts and neither does everyone else. Great result.
And no, it's not hypocritical to blame this behavior. It's just common sense, really. Prices increase each other preorder, people WANT to save money (duh) and people like you, acting your way, just prevent other people to do it. Because you've paid 50$ more than someone else on ONE order. But you're a long time collector, and things are owed to you, I guess.

If you can save $50, why not. I say do it. There's nothing wrong with that.

If you already ordered and want the $50 savings, but there's no way to get it, then it is what it is. Prepare for next time.

You can try different tactics to get the discount, but please don't ruin it for everyone. It's just common courtesy.

I know which codes these are. I used one for green lantern pf, then got another 10% one for Batman Dark Knight PF the next day. However when I went to check out using the code for Batman it said you already used a code for this promotion on another one of your orders, which I assume is the green lantern code I used the day before-since both were UPSMATT codes. When I tried to manually add it I got the same message saying "Sorry, a code from that promotion has already been used on one of your orders"... So either a) that particular code I got for batman glitched, b) you ordered all yours last week before they changed something on the backend, c) or your account is glitched and letting you use multiple codes from the same promotion (e.g. the UPSMATT codes)

I know which codes these are. I used one for green lantern pf, then got another 10% one for Batman Dark Knight PF the next day. However when I went to check out using the code for Batman it said you already used a code for this promotion on another one of your orders, which I assume is the green lantern code I used the day before-since both were UPSMATT codes. When I tried to manually add it I got the same message saying "Sorry, a code from that promotion has already been used on one of your orders"... So either a) that particular code I got for batman glitched, b) you ordered all yours last week before they changed something on the backend, c) or your account is glitched and letting you use multiple codes from the same promotion (e.g. the UPSMATT codes)

my bad. I guess they're not letting people get multiple discounts anymore? Maybe try doing it without logging on? that might make a difference?

I agree about the saving money part, and I would also. Just the reaction on the board and people emailing and calling reps because of it is a tad bit over reacting is all, maybe my comment could be taken wrong in that regards, just seems a bit over dramatic to me is all.

I agree.

my bad. I guess they're not letting people get multiple discounts anymore? Maybe try doing it without logging on? that might make a difference?

What's happening now is that once you use a 10% pop up code on a PO (I used mine on Aquaman), you can't use another 10% pop code again on any other piece. The site won't let you. I didn't log in and got 3 new 10% codes. However, when I went to redeem the newer 10% codes, and logged in to finish POing the Green Goblin PF, the site would not allow any of the other 10% pop up codes I received to be used. This is a fairly recent development because many peeps here bought multiple statues with the 10% codes recently. For whatever reason, the site now rejects any other 10% codes after you use a 10% code to purchase or PO an item. It didn't before.

Unfortunate ...but that seems to be the case. One time use only on 10% discount.

But I have to believe there's a time limit ...and once that time is passed, then we should be able to use the discount again.

What's happening now is that once you use a 10% pop up code on a PO (I used mine on Aquaman), you can't use another 10% pop code again on any other piece. The site won't let you. I didn't log in and got 3 new 10% codes. However, when I went to redeem the newer 10% codes, and logged in to finish POing the Green Goblin PF, the site would not allow any of the other 10% pop up codes I received to be used. This is a fairly recent development because many peeps here bought multiple statues with the 10% codes recently. For whatever reason, the site now rejects any other 10% codes after you use a 10% code to purchase or PO an item. It didn't before.

Thanks for clearing it up. I guess I was very lucky and able to get all of mine in before the change.

At the end of the day SS is just another business. Their customer service is nothing like it was 7+ years ago. They're now in a position where they can do as they please. One of the keys to growing/maintaining a successful business is marketing. SS excels at this.
The rewards and giveaways are nothing more than clever marketing.

If someone doesn't like how SS runs their business then stop giving them any. Move on.

Well said my friend. It's just business even though we don't agree with lots they do. Heck I complain about the service, prices, CS no replacement parts at times policy etc.. but I still buy from them. At least now with the higher prices I don't need to PO anymore. I buy them for less later. The 10% coupon is not enough for me to po. The coupon must to be make up for the few less people who might have stopped preordering as much as they used to. Now the pressure to jump in is not there anymore for me because most will go for less than what they are selling them for after the hype dies out fast. Lol so someone actually called ss asking for more coupons? Then they revised the coupons? I'm glad I'm not in a rush to PO anything from them now.

Thanks for clearing it up. I guess I was very lucky and able to get all of mine in before the change.

Yes, you were. I would have taken advantage of the codes earlier but for some reason, I couldn't get a 10% pop up code to save my life. Now they are coming fast and furious but the site won't allow me to use them. :lol

Unfortunate ...but that seems to be the case. One time use only on 10% discount.

But I have to believe there's a time limit ...and once that time is passed, then we should be able to use the discount again.

probably available again every month.

We'll just have to wait and see if it's time sensitive. No one from SSC is talking so we are all speculating.

Back