Danny Boyle's 127 Hours

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Entity

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Did a search, couldn't find a thread for it, so here it goes!

First trailer for this film, based on the true story of Aron Ralston:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/w-3AHv2E5jg?fs=1&hl=nl_NL&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/w-3AHv2E5jg?fs=1&hl=nl_NL&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

So far it looks great, with some beautiful scenic shots and stuff. Definitely interested in seeing this film!!!
I only hope this film won't be the letdown that I found Slumdog Millionaire to be...

Did a search, couldn't find a thread for it, so here it goes!

First trailer for this film, based on the true story of Aron Ralston:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/w-3AHv2E5jg?fs=1&hl=nl_NL&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/w-3AHv2E5jg?fs=1&hl=nl_NL&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

So far it looks great, with some beautiful scenic shots and stuff. Definitely interested in seeing this film!!!
I only hope this film won't be the letdown that I found Slumdog Millionaire to be...

Slumdog Millionaire was a let down? That was a fantastic movie! :dunno

Slumdog Millionaire was a let down? That was a fantastic movie! :dunno

Yeah, I found it to be quite... boring and predictable actually. It wasn't a bad film, but I think it's way too overrated and it should not have gotten all the awards and stuff that it did. It was just nothing special to me. Definitely my least favorite Danny Boyle film.

Trainspotting is his masterpiece imo.
I think Slumdog got so many awards mainly because of where it was set and what it focused on. It was a good movie but not great imo.

Trainspotting is his masterpiece imo.
I think Slumdog got so many awards mainly because of where it was set and what it focused on. It was a good movie but not great imo.

:exactly: I totally agree!! Trainspotting definitely is his best! I watched that film again earlier this year and it never seems to bore me. It's just full of awesome, sometimes creepy (the baby scene), moments and characters. :rock

Sort of. He amputated his lower arm by breaking the bones and then cutting through the flesh with a dull knife on his multi-tool.

Ok...so .....I'm I seriously suppose to sit through a movie where a dude gets his arm stuck in a rock and then does that to himself.

What is Hollywood coming to? :slap

This movie is gonna be garbage, just like Slumdog. :gah:

Ok...so .....I'm I seriously suppose to sit through a movie where a dude gets his arm stuck in a rock and then does that to himself.

What is Hollywood coming to? :slap

This movie is gonna be garbage, just like Slumdog. :gah:

I am so glad the movie theatres here don't force me to watch stuff I don't want to watch. I get to choose what films I see. It's pretty cool.

I am so glad the movie theatres here don't force me to watch stuff I don't want to watch. I get to choose what films I see. It's pretty cool.

Wow really!....me too. What are the odds? :monkey1

Just saying that this movie shouldn't be an option.....it shouldn't exist.

I guess to each its own I suppose. I did like the saturated look...but thats usually Boyle's style.

It should have some good visuals given the setting. I read that supposedly there is about an hour with no dialog, so the visuals need to be good.

Kind of confused about the choice to make the two girls a prominant part of the trailer. Having read the book, I can tell you that in real life the girls were actually middle aged women who happened to run into Aron and share a common route of thier hike for a couple minutes. They never did anything exciting together (The big drop into the water never happened. I dont even know a place on earth where that is possible) and were both well out of Aron's age range to be considered romantic interests; as the trailer is indicating.

Also, Aron's portrayl. seems to resemble the intense, dimwitted, and somewhat assholish "EXTREME!!!" archtype rather than the much more laid back, hippie-like, and slightly geeky personality the real man has.

Granted this is only the traser trailer, but these changes arent inspiring much confidance in me for the movie.

Kind of confused about the choice to make the two girls a prominant part of the trailer. Having read the book, I can tell you that in real life the girls were actually middle aged women who happened to run into Aron and share a common route of thier hike for a couple minutes. They never did anything exciting together (The big drop into the water never happened. I dont even know a place on earth where that is possible) and were both well out of Aron's age range to be considered romantic interests; as the trailer is indicating.

Also, Aron's portrayl. seems to resemble the intense, dimwitted, and somewhat assholish "EXTREME!!!" archtype rather than the much more laid back, hippie-like, and slightly geeky personality the real man has.

Granted this is only the traser trailer, but these changes arent inspiring much confidance in me for the movie.

Cuz this movie would have been even more boring if they didn't add those elements.

Back