DAMTOYS 1/6 Gangsters Kingdom - SPADE 6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A no brainer preorder from BBTS for me. Now one of my most anticipated 2015 figures. One of the best aspects of this hobby is how some of these come out of nowhere to become instant must-haves.

The caricatural style that I liked for the guys, doesn't work for a woman, for me. Which is sad because the hair (if they manage to produce this correctly) is the most realistic of any 1/6. It's ok with the glasses, though, but without, I couldn't tell if it's a caricature or a design that went wrong, if there weren't the first ones in the line to confirm it's a caricature.

This said, in general I don't like how women end up in 1/6. Men seem easier, you can see the skin pores, scars, facial hair, all the ugly detail that women normally try to cover. So a 1/6 doll of a girl looks more like a Barbie, because girls do make-up for that.
But here I don't know, the stylish lips, that works. Polygonal eyelids.. there's too much geometry in there.

only problem with this line is they are Pleather Heavy. Unless they use Real Leather, I'm not feeling secure enough to get any of them.

Medicom recently announced their new Made In Japan longer lasting synthetic leather for their new line (reissue of a reissue of a reissue everytime the pleather cracks they just reissue a new updated version).

yet i've seen older cheaper costing figure with highly durable pleather jackets like those Military series.

Received mine yesterday. Haven't had time to open it. At work at the moment.

cat wait so see some pica toylion, hoping mine arrives this week too. The figure looks great from what I've seen so far, I just don't feel she fits in well with the aesthetic of the line.

only problem with this line is they are Pleather Heavy. Unless they use Real Leather, I'm not feeling secure enough to get any of them.

Medicom recently announced their new Made In Japan longer lasting synthetic leather for their new line (reissue of a reissue of a reissue everytime the pleather cracks they just reissue a new updated version).

yet i've seen older cheaper costing figure with highly durable pleather jackets like those Military series.

Ive had mine since the beginning and the materials used is top notch. Feels and wares way better than any of the stuff I've got from Hot Toys.

Could someone please help explain to me what these Gangsters Kingdom figures are?

Obviously this is a caricature of Kiera Knightly but other than the haircut (Domino?) I don't recognize if this is based on any movie property. Is this just a alternate universe line based on movie stars that Damn Toys is creating?

I noticed another figure from DamToys that looks like John Goodman.

Could someone please help explain to me what these Gangsters Kingdom figures are?

Obviously this is a caricature of Kiera Knightly but other than the haircut (Domino?) I don't recognize if this is based on any movie property. Is this just a alternate universe line based on movie stars that Damn Toys is creating?

I noticed another figure from DamToys that looks like John Goodman.

These are basically unlicensed gangster styled caricatures of well known (don't quote me on this) British, English, Hispanic actors with their own unique theme base of cards i.e., Diamonds, Spades, Hearts etc.. They are very well done especially the outfits (some of the best I've seen). I have a few and I can say they are exceptional and highly detailed. What I like most about them is their bang for the buck! Although they are different, they are quality pieces IMO. You should watch clipperking's videos on them, he does an excellent job reviewing them.

Back