Damaged Throne...what to do?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rockabilly

Super Freak
Reaction score
Let me start off by saying Jabba's throne is without a doubt the single most impressive thing I have ever added to my collection, Star Wars or otherwise.

The ONLY problem is my throne has what looks to be a paint rub on the top front. It doesn't feel like it's actually chipped, but it's definately missing a little paint. I can cover up the spot with either the food or the smaller pillow, but I'll still know it's there deep down. However the sheer size would make it a hassle to pack back up and send back, plus the fact that I would be without this incredible piece for what would probably be at least 2 weeks kills me.

It's really not that bad, but I do know it's there...what would you do?

Depends on how much it bugs you. If even painting it would bug you, it's worth it to send back and be relieved with a good one. YOU PAID for it, so what get your quality!

If that bothers you, I will return it to Sideshow and get a replacement. Sideshow should be able to take care of the shipping cost as well.

Memnoch21 said:
Actually you might not even be sending it back, you might be destroying it.
Now THAT might be interesting.

Here's a pic:

picture%20061.jpg

It's really not THAT bad, but it's there. The flash makes it a little less drastic, but the ones I took without a flash are horribly blurry. It's right in front of where his tail wraps around in front almost straight ahead of the cut on it.

Oh man... its sooo small. I dunno Id say do what you like, but just think if its worth returning it. I think a touch up may do just fine, but if you want to know that your throne is perfect and arrived perfect you should just return it.

It looks bigger in person, but even then it's not horrible. I may try the touch up wrought. I'm horrid at painting, but it's small enough just a couple little blotches of the right color would probably look fine.

Even if its not the exact color it still should be fine.. looks like there are about 5 different colors in that little space anyway. I think you can touch it up fine.. it would be a hassel to send it back.

Yeah, RB... I'd just dab at it with a mixed shade that's at least close and just dab at it with a sponge or your fingers to blend the edges....

I had the same mark on mine and after picking at it diligently it turned out to just be a piece of foam that worked itself in. Not sure if this is the case with yours though.

This is a tough one and was my worst fear when receiving items this big. The returns process has to be a hassle. I know that there is the precedent that "I paid so much it should be perfect" but with this I would just keep it. Adds character to the piece. If you're unhappy though definitely send it on back I'm sure SSC will help you out although lugging around that box will be the bummer...

Alice Adrenochrome said:
It's clear: get a replacement. Should arrive in first class condition if you pay $200 for it.

Thats true but would the hassel of returning it be worth it? The fish bowl bottom on mine has little chunk taken out of the plastic at the top but I'm sure not going to send it back. Guess it just depends on the person.

If you have any skill with painting at all just paint it. That area is tiny. The throne should be weathered anyway. The prototype has beautiful weathering but the production piece leaves something to be desired. Even a close match on the paint will look fine. If it makes you insane, return it. Personally, I'm repainting the whole thing.

madden821 said:
Thats true but would the hassel of returning it be worth it? The fish bowl bottom on mine has little chunk taken out of the plastic at the top but I'm sure not going to send it back. Guess it just depends on the person.
You're right, the hassle of returning it... Guess if the damage is not to obvious, you can consider keeping it without further ado. But there still remains this nagging feeling: the items is not perfect; you know it's damaged, and you know exactly where it's damaged... That would bug me.
Let's not mock ourselves: the $200 payed for the throne where also in prime condition, right? Worth the full value. On the other hand you can always argue that some pay good money for... nothing! Happens all the time on ebay, so why even mention a flaw as small as this paint rub? :D.

So, Rockabilly, if it bothers you, send it back and wait for a replacement; that's what I would do. If you can live with the damage, lean back, pop in a Stray Cats CD, have a beer and... relax! :D

Back