DAM Toys 1/6 UNIVERSAL SOLDIER Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn you P. I actually never noticed the skinny arms before and I can't un see it now. :rotfl
xf4OXII.png

As far as i can tell from what i have seen on ebay, its sort of a hot toys narrow shoulder type with a padded bulk suit on it.
that might be the problem with changing the whole body then. i had that problem when put aliens space marines uniform on a terminator body - had to purchase new camo suit and put the armor on in a little different way that it was intended to be.

but arms alone can be replaced on the body.

Last edited:
Just remembered too that both scott and luc had their sleeves rolled up in the film. They never had their sleeves down so i wonder how these figures will look if u roll them up.

a06c5fafeb8a6afe8628bab32bf87bce.jpg

I don't think this is a good likeness of Jean Claude van Damme... what do u guys think?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-N910F met Tapatalk

Just picked up my JCVD last night.

Overall, happy purchase. The HS looks solid, and he looks pretty bad ass when he is fully equipped.

The only small quips is that there is a lot of padding in the thighs, so his leg movement is restricted and can't do the splits as shown by previous pics without removing his pants.

The headset is also kinda crappy. First, there is a clear tubing to support the back of the head which just came off in packaging. I thought it was a straw to a water bottle or something at first. Also it headset doesn't fit well. Maybe if I use a hair dryer to bend it, might be better. Other then that its a solid figure.

I still dont get the whole padding thing, it annoys me that even ht does it. Is it that much cheaper and lazier to take a skinny body and put a stupid padded suit on it, instead of just using a better or bigger body?

You're thoughts on the sculpt alone Stanlore? Is it more like eBay or Facebook in person?

EBAY

s-l1600.jpg

VS

FACEBOOK

ONoo1Fp.jpg

VS

PROTO

%25E6%259C%25AA%25E5%2591%25BD%25E5%2590%258D%2B-2%2B%25E6%258B%25B7%25E8%25B2%259D.jpg

Where's the courier with my figure :gah:

In person the sculpt is all 3?

If you use the most boring flatteset of dim yellow bulb lightings at home, then it looks like the first.

If lighting in your home is nicer then it looks more like the 2nd one. If you have a disco ball at home, it could look like the 3rd one :lol

I know what you mean Stanlore. When I opened mine, I had a similar thought about the sculpt. In person, to me, it's a nice quality sculpt, with a strong likeness to JCVD. I think it's one of my favourite figures in my collection right now. It's simply an all around solid figure. Who'd have thought we'd get a Uni Sol figure, let alone at this quality? Brilliant.

Amateur iPhone pic of mine:

KyNf1Og.png

It was good until I over fiddled with it :lol

The headband got separated from the eyepiece section. Thought it snapped, but then I was happy to see that there was a slot for it to slide in. So maybe not enough glue or something, unless it was made to be removable. I was looking at the "straw" piece you mentioned. It's still intact on mine, but I'm thinking, is it meant to be removed anyway? Mine seems to be coming off a bit, & if I could unwrap it carefully, there's still the black part inside the tube, to support the back of the head? I don't know.

Back