DAM Toys 1/6 UNIVERSAL SOLDIER Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure about the licensing issues. The black generic boxes still came with the outer slip cover that indicated Universal Solider, Studio Canal etc......

Great review thanks... I think the quality on Hot Toys is better. Sadly only 3 hands... does other hands fit? If so which hands?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-N910F met Tapatalk

Great review thanks... I think the quality on Hot Toys is better. Sadly only 3 hands... does other hands fit? If so which hands?

What do you mean by "which hands"? You mean from other figures? No idea! Hands from other figures wouldn't match anyway. Only the hands that come with the figure are molded with the gloves etc.

Not other hands from other blitzway figure? I would like fist and open hands to put on my luc

I didn't receive my shipment from BBTS (no disrespect to them in anyway implied whatsoever).

From what I can tell, the issue could be isolated to only BBTS thus far since collectors who received their figures from BBTS is the common denominator thus far.

The question is where did BBTS receive their shipment from? Did they receive it directly from DAMTOYS/BLITZWAY overseas or did they receive their from a US distributor who received theirs from DAMTOYS/BLITZWAY.

Granted, a black generic box may not be a big deal for some; however, it is a bothersome issue considering the price everyone paid for their figures and the early/initial in hand reviews.

I reached out to DAMTOYS on their Facebook page and I received a reply they're looking into the matter. That is it so far.

I didn't receive my shipment from BBTS (no disrespect to them in anyway implied whatsoever).

From what I can tell, the issue could be isolated to only BBTS thus far since collectors who received their figures from BBTS is the common denominator thus far.

The question is where did BBTS receive their shipment from? Did they receive it directly from DAMTOYS/BLITZWAY overseas or did they receive their from a US distributor who received theirs from DAMTOYS/BLITZWAY.

Granted, a black generic box may not be a big deal for some; however, it is a bothersome issue considering the price everyone paid for their figures and the early/initial in hand reviews.

I reached out to DAMTOYS on their Facebook page and I received a reply they're looking into the matter. That is it so far.

I posted a pic of my generic black boxes on the Damtoys Facebook page last week and havent received any response from them. If they've responded to you, please let us know if you hear anything else!

My Luc arrived today from BBTS. Just quick observations in response to what others have been getting:

My Luc had the outer box wrapper with artwork - inner box from BBTS (and also the Scott I got from Toy Anxiety) were black. Patches were in a separate baggie. The vest DID have patches on it at some point as there was still sticker residue on it in the appropriate places but not anywhere else. I have no idea why someone removed the patches at the factory only to throw another set in a plastic baggie for me to apply.

Not sure this makes any difference, but mine was a pre-order that was sitting in my Pile of Loot until the end of the month. I assume BBTS keeps all their stock together and only pulls it once I tell them to ship. I can't imagine they have thousands of Loot Piles waiting for people to request shipment :p

Last edited:
My Luc arrived today from BBTS. Just quick observations in response to what others have been getting:

My Luc had the outer box wrapper with artwork - inner box from BBTS (and also the Scott I got from Toy Anxiety) were black. Patches were in a separate baggie. The vest DID have patches on it at some point as there was still sticker residue on it in the appropriate places but not anywhere else. I have no idea why someone removed the patches at the factory only to throw another set in a plastic baggie for me to apply.

Not sure this makes any difference, but mine was a pre-order that was sitting in my Pile of Loot until the end of the month. I assume BBTS keeps all their stock together and only pulls it once I tell them to ship. I can't imagine they have thousands of Loot Piles waiting for people to request shipment :p

Yeah, by all accounts, anyone who has ordered these Universal Soldier figures from any USA retailer has only received black boxes with the decals in baggies. So there must be some reason why Damtoys sent stock like this to USA retailers to distribute. Strange to be honest, but in the end I'm glad the figures still turned out great.

Yeah, by all accounts, anyone who has ordered these Universal Soldier figures from any USA retailer has only received black boxes with the decals in baggies. So there must be some reason why Damtoys sent stock like this to USA retailers to distribute. Strange to be honest, but in the end I'm glad the figures still turned out great.

--

I received mine from a USA vendor and it was not the generic black boxes.

Have other US retailers asides from BBTS like say Monkey Deport, Toy Anxiety, Time Walker Toys, etc. received theirs in generic black boxes?

Seriously though they must have ran out of the art boxes at some point and were too lazy to make more, so they shipped black boxes at some point. The simplest reason i figure.

Seriously though they must have ran out of the art boxes at some point and were too lazy to make more, so they shipped black boxes at some point. The simplest reason i figure.

--

Maybe. No word from DAMTOYS. Maybe they're just ignoring it and hoping it'll go away and be a moot/non-issue they don't have to explain?

Finally gave in and picked up Scott! Definitely had to have both without a doubt. [emoji106][emoji482][emoji851][emoji12]
7d1036361041f5497bba940d9f2b09ce.jpg
c792bf66c7f0d631afcfc3749b35b64e.jpg
8548504a7bcb90c2f27dddcb89fed236.jpg
d85535d8c88bfdad12e27c2e41bd0212.jpg
19b487bd5682d0117738fcb04d33a2a8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally gave in and picked up Scott! Definitely had to have both without a doubt. [emoji106][emoji482][emoji851][emoji12]
7d1036361041f5497bba940d9f2b09ce.jpg
c792bf66c7f0d631afcfc3749b35b64e.jpg
8548504a7bcb90c2f27dddcb89fed236.jpg
d85535d8c88bfdad12e27c2e41bd0212.jpg
19b487bd5682d0117738fcb04d33a2a8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--

Both of the figures are meant to be purchased together as a set.

Buying one and not the other is like having only one ball instead of a pair of balls on oneself.

:p

--

Both of the figures are meant to be purchased together as a set.

Buying one and not the other is like having only one ball instead of a pair of balls on oneself.

:p

Lol. You just got me on Facebook (OSK) too you sneaky collector you! [emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My one and only gripe with both these figures, is the angle of the hands. It's fine when shooting from shoulder height, but looks odd when firing from the hip, as the hand should be tilting up, not downward. The above pics, show Dolph with what looks like a double jointed wrist.

These have been sitting in my loot for awhile now. Almost time to ship and really looking forward to checking them out. Bummer news about the black boxes from BBTS though :(

Does someone knows a muscler body to fit this sculpt? I like to pose him with only his vest without shirt.

dbb6f13bdb48b4aef1ae234e0df699e3.jpg

The problem is the neck for sure. I bought this head:

PL7MXWR.jpg

Gbiv8av.jpg

1IDZZML.jpg

Photoshop for the moment with two bodies:

Lfqtl58.jpg

rhx2sPN.jpg

DJ2hZtt.jpg

k2Dftej.jpg

Back