CW Green Arrow series, "Arrow"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My wishlist after the first half of season 1 after the Dark Archer confrontation would have been
-Oliver remained The Hood. He didn't have to stay a ruthless, killing vigilante, but I liked The Hood better than the Season 4 and 5 Green Arrow looks. Maybe crossing names of the list would have gotten stale eventually, but something 'real' could have been written in post Merlyn, without metas, magic, supers who should kick Oliver's ass (the same Oliver struggling with street level bosses lately).. But I guess then we wouldn't have cross-overs with The Flash.
-The flashbacks remained on the island, and there was no major retconning. The pilot teased us a Tom Hanks and Wilson kind of existence, with clearly some bad things going on the background.. not close encounters with Felicity years before they met.
-They at least followed through with the original romance instead heading in the Olicity direction. Nuff said. But really, because she's hot and blonde they have to shack up? The remarkable thing is that Barry and Caitlyn haven't shacked up yet, going on the way they write these things.

Arrow started losing me when they made him Batman. The romance with Felicity also made me want to stop watching. The show fell into a horrible formula of

1) Oh ****, we have a problem
2) These flashbacks are a complete waste of time
3) Felicity cries
4) Other characters do stuff that I don't care about
5) More waste of time flashbacks
6) I'm Batman
7) Dark shots with people fighting in which you can't really tell what's happening
8) Thank goodness we stopped X from happening--oh wait, we messed stuff up worse? Dammit.
9) Wrap it up with an unnecessary check on how Felicity and Oliver's relationship is doing (probably awful).

Don't forget the Oliver freaking out and telling everyone it's his fault and he doesn't want anyone else's help to fix the problem. every episode...:gah::gah:

Why is Felicity even alive ? They had a great excuse to kill her off but like this show does on a weekly basis, is delivers disappoint.

Why is Felicity even alive ? They had a great excuse to kill her off but like this show does on a weekly basis, is delivers disappoint.

She's not the problem with the show IMO. The new "team" just sucks. Do you care about any of these characters at all? At least the old team was comprised of established characters you liked even if you didn't like the team comcept.

She's not the problem with the show IMO. The new "team" just sucks. Do you care about any of these characters at all? At least the old team was comprised of established characters you liked even if you didn't like the team comcept.

I like the guy who played Spanish in Old School but I think it's more because of Old School

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The old team was a bit silly too, because it was too much of a costumed superhero team, when the show should be about Oliver. He should be the alpha combatant/vigilante/hero. Canary was better when Sarah was in the role. She looked better at it, and was certainly levels more skilled than Laurel. Laurel reminded me of comic book Black Cat to look at, but she was no better than these 'kids' Oliver has tagging around with him now.. Sarah's role felt better. She was genuinely lethal, but was more a side character in the shadows.. More the Catwoman (when she was on the same side as Batman).. Diggle just shouldn't have been costumed period. He's not in Oliver's league, although I suppose their argument is he has had lots of training now with Oliver, just like Thea did with Merlyn... Really the only one I thought felt right towards the latter half of Season 4 was Thea. Merlyn and then Oliver passing down their training to her. There should be a mystique as to how Oliver had these abilities when he came back after being missing, otherwise anyone who has shot a gun or learnt to box might as well dress up as a crime fighter. Which is pretty much what has happened the last two seasons.

Talking about costumes, I think Spartan should have looked more like the Vigilante with his tactical gear and not a silly non zipped leather jacket:slap

Talking about costumes, I think Spartan should have looked more like the Vigilante with his tactical gear and not a silly non zipped leather jacket:slap

Atleast they vastly improved the helmet this season; losing the "Halloween mask" looking visor with no back to it.

Wow I had to look way back to find this thread! Over 2 months since the last post. Anybody see last episode? Good one, some good acting in it. I was wondering why there was a warning before the episode as there is always violence. I guess it was because of the politics. It was nice to see Oliver solve the episode as Oliver and not as the Green Arrow. It seemed though that CW was skimpy with the budget this week. Excluding Supergirl which was good (can't spare budget on that anyway), there was no new Flash or Legends of Tomorrow, and Arrow didn't have any choreographed fights, Oliver didn't use his weapons, no stunts etc. It relied more on the characters themselves. Seems like they saved all their budget for the 2 episode Flash next week in Gorilla City.

New costume for Black Canary is revealed and it is pretty awful.

God I'm sick of this show's recent trend of designing a hero by just taking normal street clothes and adding a Lone Ranger mask to it.

dinah-drake-in-her-new-black-canary-suit-credit-the-cw.jpg

I can't stand how this last episode has taken the Supergirl turn of injecting poorly-veiled political messages into the episode. If it continues like this the lazy writing is enough to drive me off the show.

I'm not overly fond of shows like this veering too much into the political realm. I value these shows as escapism from a lot of those real-world type headaches that
one is constantly bombarded with, if they watch the news, regularly. So when I saw that this was going to be "Arrow"'s "gun control" episode, I immediately suspected it would get overly preachy and that I would end up getting very annoyed. After watching the episode though, I have to credit them for at least having characters on both sides of the issue, intelligently argue their point of view.

It was such an idiotic take on a nuanced issue.

I've read GA comics for a long time so I know he's a very liberal character and one of the more political ones in comics so I'm not blind to that fact.

I can't stand how this last episode has taken the Supergirl turn of injecting poorly-veiled political messages into the episode. If it continues like this the lazy writing is enough to drive me off the show.

I dropped SG for it and this show will be next.

I dropped SG after the 4 night crossover, I can't stand that stupid bad writing and liberal show.

Just watched the "guns are evil episode". Yeah, one more liberal political message show and that's a wrap. We've already had the gay message and now guns. I'm sure next will be how illegal immigration is only opposed by racist bigots.

Back