Custom Major Bludds

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well it seems Major Bludd is the new flavor of the month custom wise. I know of at least 3 other guys working on him, and Mando already made one months ago. So I thought, like Firefly, it might be nice to dedicate an entire thread to him.

So I'll start things off. There has always been the debate whether Major Bludd has a robotic right arm or not. I've always thought he does. The figure had 3 fingers. Granted the Major is missing an eye so 2 missing fingers wouldn't be unheard of either. But that just seemed like a robotic feature to me. Others debate the arm just has armor on it due to his rocket gun. And that was what the cartoon seemed to believe as he had all of his fingers there. Whatever the case, I'm sure we'll see some variety with these customs :D

dsc01510s.jpg

teaser.jpg

dsc01515t.jpg

A little inspired by Mando's Interrorgation picture:
dsc01516k.jpg

dsc01511f.jpg

So don't be shy, bash away and post your own. We give eac hother the best feedback. Other eyes spot the flaws we tend to overlook when working on these, so opinions are always welcome! :D

Cool Bludd Buttmunch. I hope we see the good Major from sideshow to. :cool:

haha another custom thread.
Maybe a general custom joe section would be easier as you mentioned.

Well anyway here's my custom bludd in progress.
For me the arm isn't robotic but it's an armor. ;-)

Need to finish the arm and gun.

IMG_6042.jpg

IMG_6044.jpg

IMG_6045.jpg

IMG_6046.jpg

IMG_6047.jpg

Correct. Its armor plating that protects his arm from the backblast of his rocket pistol. As a kid I always assumed it was bionic though.

Really, you can go either way. As a kid I always thought it was bionic too so I like both. In fact it's pretty cool to see people doing both armor and robotic.

I'll put up a picture soon BM, as soon as I can get him to not be quite so embarrassing. Yours and Elvis's Bludds make mine look just silly at the moment...:monkey2

All right, here's my not up to snuff Bludd. :monkey2

picture.php

picture.php

Here's an old one, thanks to everyone for pointing out how ridiculous that helmet looked...:lol
picture.php

I used a DID sculpt for Bludd and sculpted the 'stache, sideburns, and patch.
picture.php

LOVE that armor Mando!!! I looked at yours and have tried to copy it, but I just can't get it to look right.

See that looks great Trebor! And like I said, by you showing us a WIP pic, we were able to point out how big the helmet was. Shape wise it was spot on, but it would have fit a PF Bludd.

I'm loving the chest armor you guys have come up with! I really need to search for one.

Mando, I love the cig you gave Bludd. What did you make it out of? I had to settle for a cigar on mine.

Keep it up guys! Everything is looking mighty fine! :rock

Don't forget the green stripe on the left leg peeps, makes the figure stand out more.

Will wait on doing a Bludd custom, I'm sure Sideshow will be making one.

All right, here's my not up to snuff Bludd. :monkey2

picture.php

picture.php

Here's an old one, thanks to everyone for pointing out how ridiculous that helmet looked...:lol
picture.php

I used a DID sculpt for Bludd and sculpted the 'stache, sideburns, and patch.
picture.php

:confused: What's wrong with yours, Trebor? I think he's looking great! Sniper helmet looks much better.... Are you going to paint it and the chest plate solid black?

Back