Custom Jawa scale issues.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Star Puffs

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
So I want to finally make some custom Jawas, but am torn on what size/scale to use.

Star Wars references say Jawa are around 1 meter (39 inches) tall, so 6.5 inches at 1:6 scale.

SSC's R2-D2 is going to be 6.75 inches. Jawas appear to be taller than R2-D2 in scenes.

Artoo_Arfive.jpg

I know one of the actors was seven when he played a Jawa, which means on average he would be 122 cm (48 inches), so 8 inches at 1:6 scale. His older brother, also a Jawa, is even taller. A one-meter-tall child would be like three to four-years old in contrast, way younger than the actual actors used.

FD1.jpg

Analysing this photo, using the German ammo pouches as a reference of known length, the Jawa on the right is five feet tall (so 10 inches in 1:6 scale).

Jawas.jpg

I tried a Dragon ammo pouch on an 8 inch Mego just for reference and it looks huge.

I am torn on what to do and would appreciate feedback.

Why do they have to be one size? Humans are all different so I think Jawas can be a little taller or shorter as well.

I was planning on varying the height, even if I just do two, but I still would like to settle on a proper average scale. Is a 'tall' Jawa 7 inches or 10 inches? The difference is significant.

I'm building 2. One is 8" the other I think will be 7-7.5". They vary so much through the films that you can pretty much make them any height. Although the Hasbro ones are a little short in my opinion.

The range in Jawa heights is pretty dramatic. Just a quick viewing of the Lars homestead scene is enough to determine that.

I'm building 2. One is 8" the other I think will be 7-7.5". They vary so much through the films that you can pretty much make them any height. Although the Hasbro ones are a little short in my opinion.

What body are you going to use? Anything with sturdy articulation in that range?

What body are you going to use? Anything with sturdy articulation in that range?

I'm re-purposing a couple Hasbro young Anakins. So far I've chopped off the original feet and gave them some ball jointed ones. I haven't decided if I'm going to use the original hands or not. They're a good size, but not the best looking. Everything else is good enough articulation wise. Shown here with the Hasbro robe which is now too small, but I plan on making my own. Also need a bigger resister in there as the eyes are too bright. its a WIP :)

attachment.php

A quickly made custom Jawa. Used the Hasbro figure, rapped it's head with fabrick, cut a yellow transparent bead in half and stuck them on.The light isn't as harsh anymore. Cut the puches of the belt and used leather instead. A fast repaint and done.

Back