Custom heads: what is your preference?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yruh8n

Super Freak
Reaction score
I find it fascinating to see the wide variety of opinions on different portrait sculpts. It got me wondering what other customizers look for most in a head sculpt. For me it boils down to 4 things:

Likeness: If the likeness isn't "dead on" nothing else really matters. I can ignore certain other shortcomings if the portrait is accurate.

Details: There have been some heads posted here and on other boards that have wicked cool details including pores/blemishes/scars/wrinkles. It looks real and really cool. However on some of these the portrait is off. I would rather have a less detailed head that looks more like the person, than a more detailed head that looks less like the person. Your mileage may vary.

Cleanness: Nobody likes boogers on their face or in their hair. Clean sculpts are ideal. I can deal with less refinement as long as the portrait doesn't suffer for it.

Size: Seems everyone has a different idea of what the appropriate size is for a 1/6th scale head. We have all seen heads that are either too big or too small. As long as they are close and the likeness is there I can be flexable.

Just some things I am wondering about. What do other peole look for?

Back