Custom Fireflys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got that right. Their sculpts are pretty bad. But you do have to give them credit for being the first mass production company to challenge Hasbro GIJoe and produced detailed uniform sets. I think Dragon showed up about the same time too, but you didnt see them on the shelf at TRU.

True dat! At the time, the 21st Century stuff was incredible to me despite the sculpts. The uniforms and detail on the weapons had me buyin' them a lot. And they were my first foray into improved articulation beyond Hasbro. Make no mistake! I was diggin' on them!

I was lovin' some 21st Century back in the day as well...Their 1/6 vehicles kicked some major butt...I still have the 1/6 Little Bird helicopter, it's priceless. I wish I had purchased the M2 Bradley when it was available.

I had the Bradley, great vehicle, very very big toy. But it's not to scale, closer to 1/8 than 1/6. That might not bother most people, but those things annoy the hell out of me. Still, was a top notch product.

Still need plenty of work, I've just started tonight on my FF, so please be kind... mainly a statue collector having his first go EVER at customizing a 1/6 figure.... I'm gonna replace things like boots, maybe hands, knee pads, cross straps, get more grenades, add some sort of backpack and add a grey sweater. I couldn't get a Cobra Trooper head so I decide to sew my own mask up and use a different head to go for RAH Firefly. Happy hunting for me to try and get as close to RAH as possible... I'll have to make due with what I have tonight. :monkey1 Constructive criticism if welcome. :D

edit: oh yea I plan to paint camo on the cloth mask, if I screw it up I guess I can always sew another one :banghead

IMG_4314.jpg

IMG_4315.jpg

IMG_4319.jpg

IMG_4320.jpg

IMG_4328.jpg

IMG_4329.jpg

Looks good so far.

Not really digging the painted cloth mask. Could just be the pics though cause it looked good in the first set of pix :dunno

Sent you PM.

love the cloth! BUT maybe shave the head down. as it is now. he looks like he has a helmet under the mask. and bring the mask closer to his eyes. with some tweeking this cloth hybrid will rock! great start man!

love the cloth! BUT maybe shave the head down. as it is now. he looks like he has a helmet under the mask. and bring the mask closer to his eyes. with some tweeking this cloth hybrid will rock! great start man!

U r talking about the camo version right? Yea I had some tape to hide the heads hair line I might give shaving it down a try though, what would you suggest to shave it down with...?

Last edited:
U r talking about the camo version right? Yea I had some tape to hide the heads hair line I might give shaving it down a try though, what would you suggest to shave it down with...?

yeah the camo version. well if it was me i would just take some scissors or a knife and slice the top of the head off and use something like sculpey to fill in the top and shape the head with that. but i guess it depends on how much work you want to put into it lol

yeah the camo version. well if it was me i would just take some scissors or a knife and slice the top of the head off and use something like sculpey to fill in the top and shape the head with that. but i guess it depends on how much work you want to put into it lol

Giving him a hair cut as we speak, great idea man!!! I couldn't see what threw it off there for me and you nailed it, different set of eyes always helps. Rounded him off with a knife and then filing him down :rock

That is the Storm Shadow head I'm guessing? It actually doesn't look bad. Its a strange headsculpt. It can look and not look Asian at different times. Fully unmasked and in person, he looks Asian, but all masked up like that, not so much. He just looks like he is squinting a bit, which looks like he is just pissed off.

As for the hair, if you have a dremel, that is a nice quick way to sand things down quickly. If you don't have one, I recomend running to wal-mart and getting one. They are fairly cheap, around $30-40 for a dremel with a a basic kit. And they come in handy a lot more than you'd think. Not just for toy customizing, but various chores around the house as well. It can be a sander, cutter, polisher, and more. The amount of different attachments is amazing!

But he is looking good so far! The camo mask looks great. It matches the camo on his outifit nicely in both color and pattern. I know I'd never get the camo pattern right on mine, so Seb is kindly taking care of me there. :D

That is the Storm Shadow head I'm guessing? It actually doesn't look bad. Its a strange headsculpt. It can look and not look Asian at different times. Fully unmasked and in person, he looks Asian, but all masked up like that, not so much. He just looks like he is squinting a bit, which looks like he is just pissed off.

As for the hair, if you have a dremel, that is a nice quick way to sand things down quickly. If you don't have one, I recomend running to wal-mart and getting one. They are fairly cheap, around $30-40 for a dremel with a a basic kit. And they come in handy a lot more than you'd think. Not just for toy customizing, but various chores around the house as well. It can be a sander, cutter, polisher, and more. The amount of different attachments is amazing!

But he is looking good so far! The camo mask looks great. It matches the camo on his outifit nicely in both color and pattern. I know I'd never get the camo pattern right on mine, so Seb is kindly taking care of me there. :D

Thanks you sir, I actually just remembered looking for a filer that I have a dremel kit and that's what I use, it work so much quicker but I got the intial gerth out with a knife and box cutting and then sand it down with a dremel.

This is looking WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY better than what I had on the initial head. Of btw this the extra Storm Shadow head that nobody uses, while getting my 21st camo kit last night I started getting out bodies from Sideshow that I replace and I totally forgot about the extra head that came with Storm Shadow, so I basically thought if I sewed my own blacava and mixed the acrylic paints up to match what was the on the uni, hopefully it would turn out real nice.

He's all slicked back and looking tons better, waiting for my camera to charge and I'll post some pics :banana

Computing takes a right turn. Rotate your monitor from landscape to portrait in a snap with the Automatic Portrait Rotation feature for less scrolling and better viewing. Good job Ski. Did you use fabric paint on the balaclava? Might I suggest better boots would kick him up a notch.

Back