Custom detolf bases

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chemicals

Super Freak
Reaction score
IMG_0328.jpg
Its nothing fancy as some of the other work here. Carving out some lines in foam board. I painted the inside with a nice red, then went over it with some shiny lacquer. Then painted the tops with a matte white. I sprinkled some sea salt and glitter on it to make it pop a bit more. Then added two holes for figure stands and hot glued the two stands in place. Just needs a background.

IMG_1152.jpg
IMG_1266.jpg
My second base is a little more involved. I am currently working on building a model railroad and wanted to try some of the scenery techniques before the real thing. I already have a good looking rock formation that's meant for aquariums but fits well with the figures. So I made a cut out for that in the back. I cut out some rock shapes and glued them in place. I used a small wire brush to take off some of the bigger edges.

I tried using sculptamold for the first time, I am not sure I like how it came out. I am going to add a second coat on top and do some more sculpting of it with some palette knives. Then I am going to paint the rocks and put on some fine turf ground cover and spray with scenic cement.

Last edited:
4dfb7f9522cb921001a3ba8cd5ba3395.jpg

Here is an update on the base progress
7f349807855d62cc025efaf5b4767730.jpg

Here is what my setup looks like before. It has a Aqarium insert that I will be using with the new base. I will remove some of the bad plastic plants on it with something better.

Next step is to use woodland scenics washes and go paint the rocks with the spots method.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Excellent job, those make for some really cool dioramas.

Looks really great and adds a lot to the figures! How about drawing some red footprints slightly visible under Kylo Ren's feet on the salt, but not under Luke's, hinting at the revelation that he's a projection in that scene?

Back