Custom Dark Knight figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did a little work on my Joker today. Decided to work on the base. In the showdown at the end of the trailer, the Joker is actually standing in the middle of a cross walk, so I decided I'd give it a try.

dsc00047sf5.jpg

dsc00048fy1.jpg

This one is probably the best pic to show the detailing, plus it shows the new weathering/coloring I did to the Joker's shoes.

dsc00050dq8.jpg

And one for Pixletwin:

dsc00049ve4.jpg

Awesome man... that Joker is really coming along. I might have a source for your parts if you are still looking... On Ebay (I know it is being boycotted... but hey... I still need parts..)go to the Ebay shop, "Storerooms". The guy sells a few suit sets. He has one that is perfect for Two face, the Apricot suit. He has a few that you can combine to make the perfect joker. One is the grey striped suit and the other is an all black suit with a black trench. you can get one or two of these, strip them of color (at least what you can), and dye them the appropriate shade.

I am awaiting my suits and I will let you know for sure how they turn out. But you should check out that store, they have a LOT of useful stuff. :rock

Awesome man... that Joker is really coming along. I might have a source for your parts if you are still looking... On Ebay (I know it is being boycotted... but hey... I still need parts..)go to the Ebay shop, "Storerooms". The guy sells a few suit sets. He has one that is perfect for Two face, the Apricot suit. He has a few that you can combine to make the perfect joker. One is the grey striped suit and the other is an all black suit with a black trench. you can get one or two of these, strip them of color (at least what you can), and dye them the appropriate shade.

I am awaiting my suits and I will let you know for sure how they turn out. But you should check out that store, they have a LOT of useful stuff. :rock

Yeah I saw them, but their shipping prices are insane. $8 for one item and them like $6 for any addition item. :confused: If I can win one of their auctions for cheap I might do it.

Didn't know if you were aware but they also have their own web site.
https://www.store-rooms.com/

Here is the joker that I had started but havnt finished. Can see him sitting in the background.

cimg1719fo7.jpg

Tried making my own vest and coat but since Im still kinda new to sewing I gave up for the time being.

Here is the joker that I had started but havnt finished. Can see him sitting in the background.

cimg1719fo7.jpg

Tried making my own vest and coat but since Im still kinda new to sewing I gave up for the time being.

doesn't look to bad at all...you should try and finish it:cool:

Yeah! Great job Sniper... he looks fantastic!! You should really finish him. I love the face paint from what I can see, has a lot of character. :rock

Great job as always on those Jokers DA! I just can't wait for Les to get ahold of mine now! I'm dying to see your sculpt in person, because I've learned that no pics (save for perhaps MaulFan) ever truely capture any headsculpt as well as seeing it in person!

Keep up the great work man, and I can't wait to see your take on Two-Face. :D

Thanks! I wanted to show the progression of these heads, each step that brings it closer to that Joker goodness. :rock

Thanks for posting those. I always love progression pics, especially on a paint job as cool as the Joker's. Looking good DA!

Great job as always on those Jokers DA! I just can't wait for Les to get ahold of mine now! I'm dying to see your sculpt in person, because I've learned that no pics (save for perhaps MaulFan) ever truely capture any headsculpt as well as seeing it in person!

Keep up the great work man, and I can't wait to see your take on Two-Face. :D

actually maulfans pics make a figure look a little better than it actually is. misleading..:monkey4:lol:lol

actually maulfans pics make a figure look a little better than it actually is. misleading..:monkey4:lol:lol

Yes and no. The figure has to be somewhat decent for MaulFan to make it look good. Lighting defintately has a lot to do with a great shot, but if the figure is crap, dramatic lighting can only HIDE the crap :lol

Thanks a lot guys... This head lends itself to the progression shots very well. Because so much of the detail is in the interpretation. I'm really excited to see what Les does with it, simply because he and I are so different in our techniques and style. I know he will do great things. :rock

I'm pumped to get these done too, good for me they are quicker paint jobs than a normal portrait. :D

Thanks a lot guys... This head lends itself to the progression shots very well. Because so much of the detail is in the interpretation. I'm really excited to see what Les does with it, simply because he and I are so different in our techniques and style. I know he will do great things. :rock

I'm pumped to get these done too, good for me they are quicker paint jobs than a normal portrait. :D

I would never have guessed they were quicker! I guess with the white, you don't need to get very detailed skin tones, but I would have thought the white and black smearing would take as much, if not more time! Shows how much I know about painting :eek:

Tonight I got back from work and since I could not bust out my paints and get to work, I decided to sculpt a bit...

So here is an in work rough of my custom Two Face sculpt... :D

DSCN4087.jpg

DSCN4088.jpg

DSCN4089.jpg

Jinkies.... I'm using the exact same head for a Two-Face that I'm working on!! Great minds think alike... heh!

Back