Custom Cantina Part 2 Redo

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks. I wish the cutout was a bit more rounded but it's like in one scene the look round then in another there seems to be a flat area for example where Hans arm is semi poking out from the wall. The wall behind Greedo even seems flat. Some pix it looks flat. I know the one behind Obi and Chewy looks more round.

Maybe there's different kinds but looking at dioramas or blue prints doesn't help when in the movie it looks different. I am most likely unable to recreate the blue and red pattern that's a bit much on a bumpy surface. Drawing it is one thing but on this hmmmm.

I know what you mean, when I did my 6" version of the partial SS cantina I studied the clips and it looks like it's flat to me so that's what I went for. And your version is looking excellent and I love the lighting.

Attachments

• cantin 7.JPG
    cantin 7.JPG
    159.5 KB · Views: 78
  • cantin 3.JPG
    cantin 3.JPG
    137.9 KB · Views: 80
  • cantin 2.JPG
    cantin 2.JPG
    141.6 KB · Views: 79
Thanks. I really wanted to use green lighting but with the RGB I have that white look and then I just lined up the blue and red for the holes. I noticed in movie shots lighting is all diff colors. I may or may not find little clear covers for the red and blue. These LEDs can be dimmed so I'm sure I can turn them down a bit.

I can also alter the coloring a little but I'm limited. I was going to drill behind the 2 lights by the window but that wood is too thick but it would still be ok it's just the lights would be colored and they should be a regular light color.

Overall I'm happy although some of the texture could be better. This is my 2nd version and if I make s 3rd it will be a stand alone since this is made to slide into my shelf. I actually put my first one on Craigslist but it's still there. Not many people are likely on there liking for that.

I'm going to look at and test the red and blue lines now. I was going a crayon would work and just be blurry enough. Can't make it effect but it should be there.

I've said it before I am no Diorama expert I just figure it out as I go. It's not the best but not the worst.

I thought yours was the SS one lol it looks great.

So I installed it on the shelf. Some of the Orange and yellow colors you can pic look cool but it's tough to get accurate pix to show. Now I just need a Greedo. I wish they would sell it for $89 again lol
IMG_8920.jpgIMG_8921.jpgIMG_8922.jpgIMG_8918.jpg

Thanks. I need to turn down the lights and there's a few other color choices in the orange/yellow look. The room lights on too so it may change it's look. The table light was off but looks nice on by itself.

It's like it should be more dingy but I think I'm done lol except maybe some clear plastic lego pieces I may put over those red and blue light holes behind Greedos spot. The pointy ones look kind of like the movie anyway.

Next I'll work on the Speeder. Just did a rough layout. I'll use a moss sheet from like Hobby Lobby and it panels on the side in green/brown and an endor back. I'm considering a wedge of a stump in the back corner. Green LEDs maybe in the trees. Not 100% yet

Back