Custom Batman Capes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad you like it I am going out tomorrow to pick up some more fabric. While I am out I will also be looking for fabric at the special fabric store I go to for a Batman 89 Display cape. I have the perfect material already in mind. It is super thin and has a leather look to it. It actually falls like the rayon spandex cape. I think hot toys did a good job on the cape I just like the way a cape falls more realistically.

Sweet ! Can't wait.

Is it difficult to put the BB cape on?

Glad you like it I am going out tomorrow to pick up some more fabric. While I am out I will also be looking for fabric at the special fabric store I go to for a Batman 89 Display cape. I have the perfect material already in mind. It is super thin and has a leather look to it. It actually falls like the rayon spandex cape. I think hot toys did a good job on the cape I just like the way a cape falls more realistically.

Interested in seeing how that turns out.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XF2ayWcJfxo[/ame]

I was hoping you'd tackle the 89 Batman cape. If you do, I'd definitely want one. :yess:

Lforigno's velvet cape review:

Positives:

Beautiful, like Lforigno says, the shiny velvet is a great contrast to the matte suit, especially with this Batman because he's even more matte then the original OC.

Long, like a brunette with long beautiful hair.

Heavy, like a brunette who ate too many times at Mcdonalds, only with the cape it's actually a good thing.

Easy to put on, but if you're going to perform the clips/tabs mod then it's more work for you. Right now i'm using w/o the cape clips/tabs.

Negatives:

Only one, and it's on the hole that fits over his neck opening. The thin strip that makes up the front of hole on the cape on one side (the left corner) is cut way too thin, it could easily rip if i'm not careful.

Bottom Line:

The question I always ask myself, am I happy that I made the purchase?

Answer: A resounding YES! :yess:

Thank You Lance. :hi5:

My OC Batman finally looks like vodoun's and Maglor's, and that's always a good thing :lol

I just picked up the material and it has a great texture to it. It is very thin but heavy if that makes sense. That way once on the figure it will not stick out like other capes and fall naturally. The fabric was expensive so I only bought 1 yard for now just to make the prototype.

Finally getting good use out of my Begins cape! :rock

P1150149.jpg

P1150150.jpg

Ok is is this cape still available? My Batman needs it in his life :)

I just picked up the material and it has a great texture to it. It is very thin but heavy if that makes sense. That way once on the figure it will not stick out like other capes and fall naturally. The fabric was expensive so I only bought 1 yard for now just to make the prototype.

Cant wait to see pics!

I've never bothered to put the stock cape on any of my Batman figures. I consider a cape from Lance mandatory and part of the cost of having the figure. I've got the BB long, TDK short, and studio hero template for the latest Bruce Wayne figure. Didn't really care for the first night out look, so I removed the front part from the neck on that one and made holes for the clip posts to do an uncowled look.

Hi Iforigno, i've just received your BB cape! its awesome! i thought the HT cape was fine until i put on your cape! my batman now looks like the real deal! will definitely get your dark knight cape once HT annouce TDKR version.

So which capes are available for Batman Begins 2011 HT figure, who are selling them and for what price? I'm interested in buying one of those velvet capes, they look awesome.

Received my OC Bats cape yesterday as well, makes the figure look tons better! Thanks a bunch :)

And Dracula, lforigno sell's the capes. Might be best to PM him for better details.

Yo, forigno, when are you gonna leave me feedback for the cape!

Also, how's that Keaton Batman cape coming along? I'm interested in seeing that one even though the Hot Toys one is pretty damn good on it's own. Maybe you could make a hero cape to fit in the Batmobile since I doubt the HT one will be able to without looking odd.

Back