Custom bashed 1/6th Biker Scout

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Hasbro one looks great on the bike, standing though it has no shoulders or the shoulders are to low

The shoulder armor looks bad - that is affecting the overall look of the shoulders, it should look like this:

f_fKotobukiyam_4f3aab7.jpg

AS promised, some pices of my effort...
DSC02112.jpg

DSC02115.jpg

DSC02117.jpg

DSC02119.jpg

DSC02124.jpg

DSC02126.jpg

DSC02138.jpg

Any comments are welcomed, I'm sure that there is lots that still needs to be done to him.
Also, if anyone know the name of the DML guy that I used could you LMK please?

Cheers,
Doug

Looks good HBW! I am still waiting on some head sculpts to arrive then I am going to do the same thing as you did. I like seeing figures with removable helmets.

It looks like the only differenece between ours is that I cut the pouches off and moved them higher on to the chest.

What did you use for gloves??

Chris

Thanks for the kind words.
Since taking the pics I've adjusted the cumberbund so that it sits below the chest armour properly. I've also addaed a pair of BDU trousers to bulk out the legs a bit. They look better now, but it was a PITA to get the boots back on and the trouser legs tucked in enough

What did you use for gloves??

They're just a pair of Dragon hands I hand knocking around at the time, think they may be from Stan, the SEAL diver they did a few years ago.

Cheers,
Doug

I have spent the past couple days weathering my Biker Scout. I am not finished yet, but I thought I would post a picture of what I have finished so far.

biker10.JPG

I am really starting to like the looks of this. I need to bulk up his legs and I am hunting from some new gloves. Anyways, any feedback would be appreciated. I am thinking of doing some battle damage to the armor, but I do not want to over do it.

Chris

I finally got around to getting a head sculpt I was happy with. I also hollowed out the helmet. Anyways, I thought I would post a couple of pictures. Here is a shot with the helmet off:

headbiker1.JPG

The helmet does fit over the head quite nicely:

headbiker3.JPG

Chris

Last edited:
Very Cool Chakaman. I can't wait to see him out in the forests of Endor.

Both of these custom Scout Troopers are EXCELLENT! Very well done to you both!

Not having the talent, I have to wait for Sideshow to get this one out. I am looking forward to it.

Speaking only for myself, Talent shmalent :)
All you need is a decent figure, a big H Scout and a craft knife.
Only really fiddly bit was resizing the armour straps so they didn't hang off of the skinnier DML body, the rest was easy.

If you want a decent paint job (like Chakaman's, for example) then you need talent. The bash is easy enough, just take the plunge, you know you want to :)

Cheers,
Doug

I mentioned in another thread about extending the outriggers on the Hasbro speeder bike,
I've taken the plunge and started to butcher it now.
First job was to get at the outriggers, a few loose screws later and they were off. Cut the front off of the struts and the struts off of the plate that screws into the body.

Replaced the struts with a couple of lengths of aluminium tube.
DSC02155.jpg

When it was put back together, I noticed there was a bit of droop. I think this was a result of being a bit keen with the dremel when I hollowed out places for the tubes. A couple of pins later and things were looking a lot better.
DSC02159.jpg

DSC02160.jpg

Next job was to drill some holes for the cables to clip into
DSC02157.jpg

DSC02156.jpg

You can see in these pics that I'm a bit ham-fited with the dremel, this resulted in one of the tubes breaking, hence the slightly larger outer tube that runs halfway along each strut.
But when I'd fixed that problem the cables clip in quite nicely
DSC02153.jpg

Next job is to extend some of the kibble out to meet the narrower struts, suspect I'll do this woth a few off-cuts of the narrower tube, and clean up the joints
DSC02152.jpg

Doesn't look too bad at the moment, think that once the paint goes on it'll look alot better.
DSC02150.jpg

DSC02149.jpg

Cheers,
Doug

Very Nice!!! Can't wait to see the rest of it done. Great start and way to go on making the speeder your own. I might have to steel that idea.:naughty

You need to start a new thread on your custom speeder. I want to make mine more accurate and these details will get lost in this thread.

Back