Statue Cover Girls of the DC Universe

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good post, Mouse! :clap

Thanks Darth Snoopy.

When it comes to my collection I think DC's busts and statues of Adam's art are definitley the best when you are talking about a representation of the artists work.

I mean, the pieces are instantly recognizable as "Adam's Women" - for want of a better term. To me the with the Dodson Women of the Dcu busts - some looked like his art - some didn't.

I declined on three of the MB's (as they weren't amonst my favourite characters) and regret it now as I think the set is beautiful when assembled together.

I will definitely be getting all that's released in the Cover Girls series as they are a fantastic representation of Adam's work. I suppose my point was that I don't mind if he creates pieces especially for the line, but it's great to see pieces that literally come from his cover art work as the line originally intended.

One way to ensure it continues is to get DC to have Adam do as many covers as possible and not just on one title......but in the meantime bring on Dream Girl from Legionnaires #16, Donna Troy from Wonder Woman #165 (minus snakes), Artemis from Wonder Woman #142 and Batwoman from Detective #858 I say!!! :yess:

He could do turnaround art for Fire - she is in the background on the cover of Justice League International #31 and the pose would make a great statue and fit in with the rest of the line.

Even if you extend the "Cover" art to published posters etc, the Hawkgirl Adam drew on his Women of the DCU poster would make a beautiful statue

Batgirl looks a little better than I thought but still don't like her face. However, while the Armored Wonder Woman looks great, that could have been Hawkgirl or someone else in my opinion. My boyfriend loves the new Wonder Woman though.

sdcc2010_dcd_statues_5.jpg

This one is great!

Mouse I understand what you mean because I brought that same point some time ago on Harley and Ivy. Could you tell me what cover that armor WW cover came from?

I'm hoping that she still might. I think maybe the one at Comic-Con was a rushed prototype, so they could get it revealed.

Dc Direct definitely has time since she doesn't come out until April.

So, finally got my pretty bird, after being backordered for months

103_0031.jpg

103_0028.jpg

Congrats man! the ladies are looking great! I'm reading birds of prey from DC and man oh man, I wish we could get a Huntress, Dove, Lady Blackhawk, but especially Oracle complete with wheelchair. If Adam can get creative and give is a unique pose/base like Supergirls, I'm sure he could come up with a creative pose for Babs. It's high time we got an Oracle collectible.

Back