Statue Cover Girls of the DC Universe

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
okay, here's some shots of my ah! catwoman. first, a few comments: the sculpt is superb. as i've said several times, somehow dcd has managed to capture adam hughes' artwork for the dc girls far more successfully than sideshow for the marvel girls. it's all in the face, esp the eyes.

as for the paintwork, i personally think it's about on par with sideshow's quality. which may or may not be a good thing nowadays. :D
overall, the paint is quite clean and evenly applied. but there are some areas which are a bit sloppy, to be honest. esp on the zipper-line. the separation between her hair and forehead is also a wee bit fuzzy. and i noticed a couple of tiny spots on her costume where the black had kinda peeled off (very minor) or was a bit hazy instead of high gloss as it should be.

but that's as far as my issues go with it. and they're relatively minor. overall, this is simply an excellent piece, yet another in an excellent line. well done, dc direct!

anyway, here are my pics. hope u like em...

Catwoman1.jpg

Catwoman2.jpg

Catwoman3.jpg

Catwoman4.jpg

Catwoman5.jpg

I really like that. More than I thought I would, actually. Kinda wishing I hadn't cancelled my pre-order and stuck with my idea of only buying the Bat-centric characters.

Rats.

jenny, if you're referring to catwoman, it's not too late to get her. she was just released and u shouldn't have a problem purchasing her via retail. or evilbay... trust me, u will not regret it.

Congrats Tyler, "you are now a part of the tribe" lol

:lol :lol :lol

Congrats on getting Catwoman, Tyler! :rock

I really like that. More than I thought I would, actually. Kinda wishing I hadn't cancelled my pre-order and stuck with my idea of only buying the Bat-centric characters.

Rats.

Tyler is right, Jenny...you can get a Catwoman off evilbay or call around to LCS's.

That's what a friend of mine is doing. :D

overall, the paint is quite clean and evenly applied. but there are some areas which are a bit sloppy, to be honest. esp on the zipper-line. the separation between her hair and forehead is also a wee bit fuzzy. and i noticed a couple of tiny spots on her costume where the black had kinda peeled off (very minor) or was a bit hazy instead of high gloss as it should be.

I have the same problem on her zipper, but I had written it off as making the silver line look more zipper-like. A broken line seems like it would be more appropriate. But yes, they probably could have tried a little harder.

the good thing is, this is a relatively easy fix. just get a metallic-silver ink marker and fill in the missing spots. that's what i'm planning to do anyway...

So I'm new to the DC statues thing... but how can they call these 'limited/of 5000' when they just ran another batch of both WW and Zatanna? Isn't that the definition of 'print on demand?'

I received my Catwoman today! FINALLY!! :woo

001-6.jpg

002-5.jpg

So I'm new to the DC statues thing... but how can they call these 'limited/of 5000' when they just ran another batch of both WW and Zatanna? Isn't that the definition of 'print on demand?'

IMO...yes.

But you know what they say...$$$$$ talks! :D

I don't think that DCD expected this line to be so HOT. I'm sure that DCD will make the second run different in some way.

BTW... :welcome to the FREAKS Show! :wave

I received my Catwoman today! FINALLY!! :woo

welcome to the tribe, snoopy! :joy

but then again, u were already part of the tribe, right. :D

i almost got canary the other day. but i stopped myself. cos i seriously need to give my wallet time to recover. been on a spending spree recently. :monkey5

i almost got canary the other day. but i stopped myself. cos i seriously need to give my wallet time to recover. been on a spending spree recently. :monkey5

sounds like someone needs to be voted off at tribal council :rotfl

:woo :rock

sounds like someone needs to be voted off at tribal council :rotfl

:survivor

I've always wanted to use that smilie! :lol

Back