Coraline by Neil Gaiman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would you happen to have a pic of it? I'd really like to find one. Thanks in advance.

I just took a few quick photos. It's the Previews Exclusive limited to 4000 copies, so it's not extremely rare. You might be able to track one down. I did an ebay check, but nothing came up.

The cover is the same as the regular edition except that the rat and hands glow in the dark.

Nice, thanks man, very creepy cool artwork! Definitely going to try and track it down! :rock

I just took a few quick photos. It's the Previews Exclusive limited to 4000 copies, so it's not extremely rare. You might be able to track one down. I did an ebay check, but nothing came up.

The cover is the same as the regular edition except that the rat and hands glow in the dark.

I saw the trailer for this and was instantly intrigued. I didn't know however that it was a book, will def. pick one up if I can find one. Can anyone tell me from the book if this is too scary for children? Wanting to take my kids to see this but they are kinda young. And I don't want to scar them for life or anything. :)

I saw the trailer for this and was instantly intrigued. I didn't know however that it was a book, will def. pick one up if I can find one. Can anyone tell me from the book if this is too scary for children? Wanting to take my kids to see this but they are kinda young. And I don't want to scar them for life or anything. :)

It's scary, but it's supposed to be. It's also got lots of courage, bravery, and humor in it. It's not gory or violent, however. I'd say it's okay for 8-10 yrs, but it prolly depends on the kids, you know best what they can handle. I doubt this would scar anyone, but it could give them bad dreams.

It's scary, but it's supposed to be. It's also got lots of courage, bravery, and humor in it. It's not gory or violent, however. I'd say it's okay for 8-10 yrs, but it prolly depends on the kids, you know best what they can handle. I doubt this would scar anyone, but it could give them bad dreams.

Thanks man :D

yeah you have to think of this as in the same vein as Grim's Fairt Tales - those orignial stories are pretty scary but they need to be you know life lessons and all.

So scary for children but not horror for adults if that makes any sense.

Love the posters...

3184499989_67f712bdd5_b.jpg

3184473061_9c26f89c84_b.jpg

coraline-poster1.jpg

I also came across some very cool Alphabet theme posters. To those who have read the book, is there some significance to these?

Here are just a few...

3185317134_dce262a5ea_o.jpg

3185328950_7a9aeeea6a_o.jpg

3185340796_8e7b9f3263_o.jpg

3184497755_bd51d019ba_o.jpg

I went to a preview at a theater during Comic Con '07. Afterward Neal and Henry Selick were signing a stack of posters. Underneath some of the chairs were 'tickets' for the signing (I think there was enough for everyone) Wasn't too many people. We'll instead of getting a poster I picked up a cardboard display poster that was lying on the ground and getting kicked around. Figured why the hell not?

Oooh, I didnt know this was a book by Gaiman... I'm definitely going to try and go see this now =)

Coraline is one of my favorite novels. It creeped me out to no end when it was first released. I read it every year to my 5th and 6th grade students and I was finally able to read it to my young boys (4 and 6) this year. My six year old began to cry when Coraline's world went a little wonky. I had to reassure him that (spolier) it did have a happy ending. I was excited when word was released that a movie was in the works. While the family and I are planning to see it, the more I see and hear, the less excited and the more worried I have become. What I have seen looks too cheerful, colorful and happy. Coraline did not wish for this; she accidentally stumbled into a dark and twisted lair- very cold, drab, grotesque and gray. The wife is telling me not to get worked up- saying that all movies based on novels differ in many ways, but this was a dark and dreary (and very quirky) novel and I hope the movie portrays that. Whether the movie works for me or not, I'll always love Coraline- forever and always...

I'm going tomorrow. I'm considering seeing it in 3D, but wasn't sure how good current 3D is.

My wife and I are going to try and see it this weekend. It's getting great reviews, btw.

I'm going tomorrow. I'm considering seeing it in 3D, but wasn't sure how good current 3D is.
Judging by the 3D trailer we saw before Bloody Valentine, it looks amazing, some of the best 3D I've ever seen.

My wife and I are going to try and see it this weekend. It's getting great reviews, btw.
Good to hear it's getting good reviews, I'll post something tonight after we see it.

Back