coolprops---dog alien maquette!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keep them coming!!!!

Man, your collections are awesome too...love how they are displayed too...very, very nice...

Newbon...I see that older Sideshow Dog on the bottom center, it has gained grail status, awesome...

Good luck, Vince. I just hate sending stuff back for fear of getting something worse. Does this mean that you'll get a different edition #? The only other things that are slightly bothering my perfectionist mind are that they seem to have gotten a bit soft in the stripes based on pics of earlier numbered ones. And they were a little heavy handed on the black across the base of the teeth on the open mouthed version. Contemplating on getting some molotow chrome.

Wife still hasn't noticed that I replaced my other one with this puppy. Lol! I kind of wished I had left it out so I could take comparison pics.

#203 has arrived and my god is it big and beautiful. Not it?s final resting place but the only spot it would fit for now.
cec8ba67826187cf94a02ca9265ddb3e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@cockroach
My favorite maquette is the former ADI showroom one. Painted by Gino Acevedo. Best paintjob ever!

Am i the only one having so much trouble navigate on this forum... I always encouter database error. Impossible to load a pic and must try 3 times to open a page

i've been asked to break it, hope you like it guys. And REally hope to get a perfect one this time. Honestly, it hurts to break such a beauty

broken1.jpg

broken8.jpg

broken10.jpg

broken7.jpg

I?m so envious right now. I can?t wait until I get mine. Gotta wait two/three more months, sigh...

Damn that sucks! For the money paid,you guys shouldn't be having issues with these. Especially after P1 made such a ta-due about making sure these were perfect!

Was the body section hollow or solid cast? The membrane effect around the dome could have been better painted for $2K. I can't completely tell from the picture so far,but it "appears' that there is some detail missing where the arms meet the shoulder area's on the maquette,but the detail looks to be present on the separate bust. At least that's how it looks in the pictures so far.

Which would be odd to have it present on one ,but not the other.

Such a waste for so minor an issue.

Man, that is just painful to look at. Especially when you consider all the man hours that must go into painting each one of these.

Exactly what I was thinking - I (sort of) understand why they took the decision - but jeez - there were surely more acceptable options !!!!! :gah:

Fingers crossed for your replacement Vince.

What are you going to do with all that smashed statue? You get to keep it?

An expert might still make a patchwork on it...and sort of save it...

I thought i would have to send it back ( that's what they told me 1st), they fix it and then back to me. They ask to destroy it. Now i don't care i just want a perfect one.

@Galactusz it's broken in million parts, they were part every where in the room. I had to clean all the mess up after that...i don't know who can do anything with those broken parts and honestly i can't wait to throw it away as it smells glue and chemical products.

I do not have the photos here at work but after inspecting the entire piece i found orange/rust color dots on the paint job. Only in one are and about 5 in various sizes. The right rear leg where it attaches to body. Against the color of the body they stand out but with the shiny look it is not easy to spot unless you look good.

I also noticed on the DX Head that there is a little dot on the clear area. Like a piece of sand was in it. you can feel it with your finger.

I ask you to send me you destroyed photos lol I will use them if they ask me to destroy mine. I am joking but I am serious. If you have any they will not recognize. Especially the head.

Had the same issue with Shockwave except the had me ship the first one back. Like for spare parts. He has so many pieces.

Back