Converting Sideshow Buck hands to fit Truetypes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jables316

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Howdy. I was wondering if anybody on here could help with a query I have, before I go and do something stupid.

I'd like to upgrade some of my older Buck-based Sideshow figures to TrueType bodies but keep the original hands, if possible.

For most characters it isn't a problem, but some, like Aragorn, for example, have quite nice detail that I don't want to lose, or have to try to replicate.

I'm thinking I can just hollow out the Buck hands with a dremel, and make a hole for the TT wrist peg.

Anyone out there tried this?

All comments appreciated, thanks.

Yes, I've done this quite a bit... and just use a dremmel.

I have a bit (for sanding I think) on mine that is about a 1/2 wide and cone shaped (like the one below). I take that and drill a 1/2 sphere shape (as deep as 1/2 of the wrist peg will fit approximately) into the center of the back of the hand. Then take a very small drill bit (just smaller than wrist peg) and drill into the center of the depression.

PitRemover.jpg

When you're done the peg will fit a bit into the recessed portion of the hand and look like it was meant to be.

I don't have any pics since I tend try to hide the wrist joint when I take them :lol But if you need any I can try and take some later on.

Hiya. Yeah, that's pretty much what I thought I was gonna be doing. Thanks for confirming it's possible! I'll post some pics when I actually get around to trying it. Cheers

Back