contact lenses.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buffy-collector

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey,yesterday I went to get contacts,I had my eyes and all that tested.And then I had to see if I could put them in and take them out.I couldnt get them out,so they told me to come back tomoz and try again.

I think its the pulling of the lower lid I dont like,and every time I go near my eye my top lid comes down:rolleyes: Has anyone got any tips on how to do it?

buffy-collector said:
Hey,yesterday I went to get contacts,I had my eyes and all that tested.And then I had to see if I could put them in and take them out.I couldnt get them out,so they told me to come back tomoz and try again.

I think its the pulling of the lower lid I dont like,and every time I go near my eye my top lid comes down:rolleyes: Has anyone got any tips on how to do it?

It's just a habit, you'll het used to it.
It helps standing in front of a mirror.

BTW, you couldn't take them out so you just left them in ? You slept with them ? I don't think that's very good for your eyes ...

Sleeping in them doesn't do anything to your eyes if they are new lenses. The issue comes when those who sleep in their lenses all the time usually don't take them out to clean them and the protein build-up causes serious infection. I sleep with mine in all the time but when you do that you have to clean them religiously. Of course this is only true with soft contacts (Don't know if they make hard ones anymore but just in case....)

To get them out easily there are two strategies I use often. Don't pull down on your lower lid, it doesn't help because you have a tendency to continue to want to blink and it gets harder to get a finger in there. My advice, first open your eyes wide and look to your left as much as you can without moving your head. Then start blinking rapidly, if your contacts are wet then sometimes they'll pop right out. Second tactic look straight up and blink once and then reach in a grab it. No issues.

Make sure they are wet though because if they are dry, this happens a lot after you sleep in them, if they are dry you will struggle to take them out and they may rip in your eye.

Good luck.

No I didnt sleep in them,the man put them in,and then I couldnt get them out so he did it.Im get those daily ones,can you sleep in them?

Great tactics,thanks.
So I dont after touch my lower lid?So they will come out with blinking?

Thanks,any more tips.

The Mike said:
Sleeping in them doesn't do anything to your eyes if they are new lenses. The issue comes when those who sleep in their lenses all the time usually don't take them out to clean them and the protein build-up causes serious infection. I sleep with mine in all the time but when you do that you have to clean them religiously. Of course this is only true with soft contacts (Don't know if they make hard ones anymore but just in case....)

To get them out easily there are two strategies I use often. Don't pull down on your lower lid, it doesn't help because you have a tendency to continue to want to blink and it gets harder to get a finger in there. My advice, first open your eyes wide and look to your left as much as you can without moving your head. Then start blinking rapidly, if your contacts are wet then sometimes they'll pop right out. Second tactic look straight up and blink once and then reach in a grab it. No issues.

Make sure they are wet though because if they are dry, this happens a lot after you sleep in them, if they are dry you will struggle to take them out and they may rip in your eye.

Good luck.

I have phobias of putting anything on my eyes. No contacts for me, and sadly I could use them. I need glasses to drive at night or I'll else go through intersections without knowing. I hate wearing glasses!

Maybe eye surgery is the way to go. My friend had it done, and now she can see through walls.

I had Lasik done. Best money ever spent.

But, since you have contacts, here is how I for got them out:

To start, stand in front of a mirror. Pull down you bottom eye lid with one hand and the use other hand's index finger to "move" the contact from the center of your eye to the outside of your eye (away from nose, toward cheek). Then just grab the sucker with your index finger and thumb and it will come out. Then release your eye lid from other hand.

Pretty easy and after while.

Gruson how much did you pay and how well is your vision in comparison to before?

Also, I heard it's temporary. It lasts only between 10-20 years. Not that it isn't any different from regular regressed vision through time.

Im going to have that when im a little older.Once I've got them out how do you get them in?lol.

I like the idea of blinking to get them out:D

Eli26 said:
Gruson how much did you pay and how well is your vision in comparison to before?

Also, I heard it's temporary. It lasts only between 10-20 years. Not that it isn't any different from regular regressed vision through time.

Also, how is your night vision?? Do you see any halo's around lights?? I've been thinking of having surgery as well.

Depends, sometimes I see halos around lights.

This is how I see it (get it? har har), we have one body and we should spend money into it. Unfortunately I put my money into frivolous things like collectibles.

I do eat right and am an exercising nut, but that's still not enough. Your body is your temple, and sadly we ignore that. I see more people pumping money into making their vehicles pretty and babying them over their own bodies.

Funny thing is the average person goes through cars atleast a dozen times throughout their life span, yet their body will be with them until the very end. Got to love the average person's logic when it comes to priorities.

Last edited:
LASIK :rock

I had it done last year. My eyesight was 20/300 and now I'm better than 20/20. No halos, no problems with night vision and I can even do small detail work like sculpting without reading glasses.

Highly recomended.

BC, put your middle finger just under the lower lid and pull slightly, use your index finger to hold the upper lid open and then with the other hand (Fingers should be wet with saline! and CLEAN) gently squeeze the lens and it will pop out easily. If it has been in your eye awhile and it's dry, put some drops in first or it will have an uncomfortable suction feeling.

Anzik Hayes said:

:rock :rock :rock :rock :rock

I had my surgery done over 4 years ago now. The greatest choice I've ever made in my life. Can't say enough wonderful things about it.

Just an FYI, one of my T'ai Chi students is 57 and had radial keratotomy 25 years ago and his vision is still good except for close ups.

The way I was taught to remove lens way back when I first had them on was this -

1) Use your left hand's middle finger to hold(pull) up the upper lid. As if you are putting your arm over your head.

2) Have your right hand's forth finger (the one beside the little finger) pull down the lower lid.

3) Still using the right hand, have the lens removed with your middle finger and thumb.

I've been using contacts for many years now and how I remove them is just by opening by eyes real big and then just using my fingers to remove them. I'm using dailies so I'll just throw them in the bin when I'm home. You might do the same once you are a seasoned user. However if you are still having problems I believe there is some kind of tool/suction thing that helps users to remove them from the eyes.

I went back today,I got them in and out 3 times:D Its weird because thursday I wouldnt even touch my eyes.Im wraring them now,I've gotta go back wed to make sure there ok.I got dailies I got some clear and some blue.

Thanks for your help.

Yes LASIK is teh way to go. If not for my love for surfing the dangers of losing a contact in big surf and not being able to see I would have stuck to contacts. My eye doctor said I was an unual when it came to contacts though. I use to were monthly contacts for 2 months most of the time only taking them out for a night or two. I never had a hint of damage or danger. I then switched to day/night contacts which were even more comfortable and 2-3 months on a set was not unusal, and again my eye doctor said he couldn't even tell, except for the fact that 6 month supply was lasting a year. The bad part was these came out easier in water , the regular ones rarely came out when I was underwater and yes I was able to open my eyes.
Lasik was a good idea, well I was not sure for a week or so when I had some issues, I wont get into it but I will say is all was ok after about a week and never had a issue with vision, just a lil bit of pain issue.

Ohh keep working on putting them in and talking them out when I got them 16 years ago I coundn't put them in or take them out very well at all, when I stopped I could put them in or take them out with one hand and no mirror or anything.

Back