Confirmed Upcoming 1/6 Star Wars Releases: Hot Toys & Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I know I have read a few times about a Luke ROTJ coming from HT, but anyone have anything solid yet? OR maybe something on a HT emperor ?

HT are too busy putting their RO figures up for PO. Then, they'll have to take care of the figures previewed this summer. Previewing a ROTJ Jedi Luke prior to episode VIII could be a good move. It'd be nice to be able to display Jedi Knight and Jedi Master side by side at some point.

Is there a quality difference between actual Sideshow and Hot Toy releases?

giphy.gif

I kinda hope they do some Rebels figures. Would be cool to have Sabine and Kanan. Even a Rebels Vader would be nice.

JC Hong posted a pic of RotS Vader on his facebook account and I got all excited... until I realized it was in reference to the 1:4 one they are doing.

I agree for the most part when it comes to the 1/6 figures but the Clone Troopers were done well In my opinion especially for what they are.

There's some Sideshow figures that I will never get rid of because I don't think Hot Toys will ever make them.

Endor Troopers x 3
Captain Antillies
Hammerhead
Greedo
Gammorean Guard x2
Any prequel Jedi
Captain Piet
Battledroids
Bib Fortuna
Clonetroopers
Commander Praji
Cantina Band
General Grievous
Palpatine/Sidous

I agree for the most part when it comes to the 1/6 figures but the Clone Troopers were done well In my opinion especially for what they are.

I had 7 SS clones at one point. Some looked good but the bodies weren't that good to pose with and the armor didn't sit right. I think they could have done a better job

There's some Sideshow figures that I will never get rid of because I don't think Hot Toys will ever make them.

Endor Troopers x 3
Captain Antillies
Hammerhead
Greedo
Gammorean Guard x2
Any prequel Jedi
Captain Piet
Battledroids
Bib Fortuna
Clonetroopers
Commander Praji
Cantina Band
General Grievous
Palpatine/Sidous

Yeah, I don't see the Modal Nodes, or the Imperial officers ever being touched by HT. Same w/ prequels. However, I could maybe see a ROTJ Emperor (I still dig my exclusive SS - though missed out on the throne) if they ever do a Luke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know it's a long shot, but I'm wondering if HT would ever do a Rebel Fleet Trooper. I mean they were made legendary in R1 again. The SS version is looking a bit old and dated in my opinion.

2135_press03-001.jpg

So I'm relatively new to the whole Sideshow/Hot Toys collecting. How do they update about what they're working on? Is it just SDCC? Do they do regular Q&As? I'm really interested in the ones in that development list that are Jabba related, like the Max Rebo band.

Do you think they will be at NY Toy Fair in February?

So I'm relatively new to the whole Sideshow/Hot Toys collecting. How do they update about what they're working on? Is it just SDCC? Do they do regular Q&As? I'm really interested in the ones in that development list that are Jabba related, like the Max Rebo band.

Do you think they will be at NY Toy Fair in February?

They don't do Toy Fair as that's more aimed at retailers, so Hasbro pitching to Walmart, TRU etc.

For Hot Toys in the past we've seen new figures shown mostly at SDCC, and then the occasional new figure at Celebration and some Asian conventions. Also like Mike said they also just put figures up for pre-order without ever having previewed them everywhere.

Sideshow does a panel at SDCC where they talk about some works in progress, like at SDCC 2015 they showed the heads of 4LOM and Zuckuss that they were working on and then in 2016 they finally previewed them and then later put them up for pre-order.

Back