Premium Format Conan the Barbarian: Rage of the Undying PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I disagree. This piece has the chance to be one of SS finest and price is reasonable for the size and details, just consider that a normal PF goes for $400 retail with random bumps like Machiko and Mark 42 at 430-440$, which is ridicolous.

I agree that this Conan piece has the potential to be great in person.

With regards to the price, you have to also remember that PF prices were closer to $360 when this one went up for preorder. As such, it was quite expensive as compared to other PFs. With the way SSC has increased prices in the past year, this one's price seems to be normal now. :(

The other reason that the ES is so low is because there were a lot of people waiting for the ARH diorama reveal.

Hoping this one really turns out great because if they do it right, I feel that it will be hard to beat. :)

I disagree. This piece has the chance to be one of SS finest and price is reasonable for the size and details, just consider that a normal PF goes for $400 retail with random bumps like Machiko and Mark 42 at 430-440$, which is ridicolous.

I agree. Considering a female PF is $400 now a large Conan on a base with a dead skeleton warrior on it looks like a nice deal. At the time it went up for order it seemed high but with price inflation it looks like a bargain for what you get. This has the potential to be a sleeper hit if SS nails the QC.

The base is going to be hollow or filled with garbage resin anyways, so no it's still overpriced even with current prices.

I will put myself down for a regular today and if the Ex converts great. But I still love this with or without the sword.

The base is going to be hollow or filled with garbage resin anyways, so no it's still overpriced even with current prices.

In that case, that's every SS statue nowadays. The whole statue is hollow on 99% of everything they make.

The old Hulk PF is hollow fiberglass too, I don't see much argument about how it detracts from the statue itself.
People don't really seem to get that this piece is almost as big as Apocalypse and G Hulk, went on preorder at the same time and at 140$ less, with much more going on for mixed media, dynamic pose and awesome base. Then again, to each his own.

Price is still on the high side compared to statues being previewed/up for pre-order right now.
....unless you're comparing to Lobo where I think Sideshow is just flat out messing with its buyers and seeing if they can break the market. Almost $600 + $100 more for a small dog? ha ha Its sort of appropriate, Lobo was made to mock superhero comics, and his statue is to mock statue collectibles :D

But I've made my peace with Conan's price here ....I don't think I intend to ever order another Sideshow piece again so I don't really care at this point (not through any sort of moral stance, just through a 'been there done that, what else is left?' perspective......a Mad Max PF maybe.... :) )

The old Hulk PF is hollow fiberglass too, I don't see much argument about how it detracts from the statue itself.
People don't really seem to get that this piece is almost as big as Apocalypse and G Hulk, went on preorder at the same time and at 140$ less, with much more going on for mixed media, dynamic pose and awesome base. Then again, to each his own.

Fiberglass is a different material and is always going to be "hollow", much different (and more expensive) then just slush casting something.

This piece will comes with great detail and painting because of his high price.

You have no idea how good the painting is and it won't be any better then SS' normal fair which is hit or miss.

Yeah, on this point I do agree with the general consensus - don't ever think even for a split second that more money means better quality, lol.

Yeah, on this point I do agree with the general consensus - don't ever think even for a split second that more money means better quality, lol.
Go say that to the XM guys

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

Back