Premium Format Conan the Barbarian: Rage of the Undying PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Surprised people hate the face sculpt.
It looks EXACTLY how I picture the Robert Howard Conan's face.
Not a young Conan, but in the later stories where he is much older, around Beyond the Black River and Red Nails (estimated around 40 by some Conan hardcore fans)

He is a barbarian from the north who has lived a hard life. The women that fall for him do so because of his brute power and ability to protect them. Not because he's dashingly handsome.

So many Conan statues have him too clean cut and good looking. The Prize for me falls into that category.

Just my opinion though.....

That doesn't change the fact that the face is awful.

Pretty much that is my opinion. And the pose doesn't say that he's leaping. It doesn't say "warcry". It doesn't say "about to attack". It's just an awkward pose. I understand if you want to defend the "negative" criticism every time we say something we don't like. It's not like we're just coming in here to say "It's Ugly" and then leaving. You'll be alright though. Continue to be Captain Save a Statue.

Monger to this thread is what Spidey is to the Superman PF thread :)

I kid Monger, I kid.

That doesn't change the fact that the face is awful.

Pretty much that is my opinion. And the pose doesn't say that he's leaping. It doesn't say "warcry". It doesn't say "about to attack". It's just an awkward pose. I understand if you want to defend the "negative" criticism every time we say something we don't like. It's not like we're just coming in here to say "It's Ugly" and then leaving. You'll be alright though. Continue to be Captain Save a Statue.

LOL! Captain save a statue!

I agree the face and pose are awful. They should have taken the face from the fury of the beast which is a close to the face on the old Conan comics. It would also have assured some continuity with respect to the Conan statues. Just my opinion of course.

Surprised people hate the face sculpt.
It looks EXACTLY how I picture the Robert Howard Conan's face.
Not a young Conan, but in the later stories where he is much older, around Beyond the Black River and Red Nails (estimated around 40 by some Conan hardcore fans)

He is a barbarian from the north who has lived a hard life. The women that fall for him do so because of his brute power and ability to protect them. Not because he's dashingly handsome.

So many Conan statues have him too clean cut and good looking. The Prize for me falls into that category.

Just my opinion though.....

Yeah I figured it was mid 40s Conan but it's not the age of the face. It's the face that he's making in the pose that he's making. I understand I'm being a bit critical but for $450, I'm gonna be critical. I just really wanted a Conan and I was hoping this would be the one to get because like someone said earlier, the Fury of the Beast hides too much of Conan. But the more I see this, the more I fall in love with Fury of the Beast so either way, SS is gonna take my moniez!

But back to the face. What story is the face and the pose telling? I don't see one. It doesn't say anything for me. It's not a museum type pose and I can't distinguish it as an action pose. But the anatomy is freaking amazing. But I can't for the life of me figure out why he's making that face.

Maybe they were taking inspiration from Frazatta, since his is the definitive Conan in just about everyone's book.
Conan.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah I figured it was mid 40s Conan but it's not the age of the face. It's the face that he's making in the pose that he's making. I understand I'm being a bit critical but for $450, I'm gonna be critical. I just really wanted a Conan and I was hoping this would be the one to get because like someone said earlier, the Fury of the Beast hides too much of Conan. But the more I see this, the more I fall in love with Fury of the Beast so either way, SS is gonna take my moniez!

But back to the face. What story is the face and the pose telling? I don't see one. It doesn't say anything for me. It's not a museum type pose and I can't distinguish it as an action pose. But the anatomy is freaking amazing. But I can't for the life of me figure out why he's making that face.

Yeah the price definitely deserves criticism.

The face just looks like battle rage as he steps off the ledge down into a pit/courtyard/castle grounds to go all bezerker on a bunch of undead skeletons....doesn't seem out of place to me? I mean I think half the internets memes are made up of sports stars mid move making faces that look far more out of place :D

In terms of which statue to buy ....remember there is also the upcoming ARH one ..... and they keep making references to a gigantic dio base including wench and enormous snake/monster thingy ..... I have a feeling THAT is going to be the one to buy ....

Monger to this thread is what Spidey is to the Superman PF thread :)

I kid Monger, I kid.

It's fine. I'm fairly confident that most people find me incredibly annoying :lol I'm trying to get better I swear!

Head sculpt aside. This sculpt is amazing. Look at the perfection in the calves. The veins are even moving correctly with the stretch in the side of his leg. Biceps are perfect. Abdominals may be a little over detailed but that's fine with me. Delts and pecs are outstretched and they look great as well. The anatomy is great.

Story told by the face..." I, Conan the Cimmerian, rue the fact that I was born in an age of high adventure, but no Ex-Lax at all. In fact, I'm quite upset about it!" :rotfl

I have to admit I wasn't a fan of the face from the reveal but the SDCC pic looks much better!

No lol. They look straight out of a comic book. But that's fine with me. I don't remember seeing anyone at the ASF looking like that lol.

I've been around bodybuilders, powerlifters and strongman competitors for the better part of my life. I've seen abs like that on many.

I've been around bodybuilders, powerlifters and strongman competitors for the better part of my life. I've seen abs like that on many.

But have you touched their abs? Have you ever even smelled them? You cannot know true abs until you have licked them :lecture

Back