Computerfly's Captain America Comiquette - Round 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They're shaded...

Side1.jpg

In the whites they seem a little flat.Of course I could be wrong.
Anyway..this is the easy part...the conversion is the difficult and came out perfect!

I love my PF but of course this is better.Have you thought of shading the muscles?

I actually have considered it, but what doesn't show in these photos (due to light placement) is all of the natural shading that occurs now that the muscles are not covered by material. The lighting is in direct opposition to where the shadows would naturally fall. I'll take some normal ambient lighting shots to show what I mean.

Good question though.

I actually have considered it, but what doesn't show in these photos (due to light placement) is all of the natural shading that occurs now that the muscles are not covered by material. The lighting is in direct opposition to where the shadows would naturally fall. I'll take some normal ambient lighting shots to show what I mean.

Good question though.

I know what you mean.The same could be achieved in the blue areas as well.But your shading there clearly improved this effect.Like I said before,this is the easy part.The conversion is excellent.I wish you could do this to mine as well.Well done.

Again, regarding the shading of the torso; when you have a piece of this scale, with such a robust sculpt, I think the natural shadows handle the shading for you. I think muscle shading is needed more and more as the scale of an item gets smaller.

I do understand what you mean, and I did consider it, but it looks pretty damn good without it.

NL.jpg

Last edited:
There always has to be one.:slap

i'm sure that more than one person has the opinion that they like the fabric better. and isn't it just that, an opinion? what would the world be like if everyone had the same tastes and only liked the same things? pretty boring i imagine.

The thing is, the Cap PF is actually one of the better done PFs, but the cloth still looks a little silly in spots, and the bigger problem (IMO), is that it hides the brilliance of the sculptor's work underneath.

ChestSbS.jpg

The thing is, the Cap PF is actually one of the better done PFs, but the cloth still looks a little silly in spots, and the bigger problem (IMO), is that it hides the brilliance of the sculptor's work underneath.

ChestSbS.jpg

The top looks like a faded t-shirt, the belt looks like a watch band, and the bottoms look like the tight sweats that the drill team girls practiced in.

Plus it makes him look all puffy and bloated... not super hero qualities at all.

Last edited:

It ALWAYS does Steve. That is always the biggest problem with PF's.

The only thing I don't like is where the legs attach to the hips. I dunno why that bothers me so. Other wise great job.

So you have Thor,Wolverine,Sabretooth next? I know you wanna repaint Venom as well ;D

I'm glad you take no offense to it man, You certainly have done a commendable job, really really impressive. But someone here, (wont mention name) tried to debate with me before about PF vs Statue and said I'll be eating my words once your statue is done. But its really stupid argument because everything is subjective. But just need to say it, I still prefer my PF over this. Your statue is absolutely impressive but my mind hasnt changed as the I've never seen anything wrong with the Cap PF. Sure, now you do get to see more muscle definition but the cloth makes it look more like a movie costume. It all depends on how you display it anyway, with the proper lighting, the muscles do show up more as you can see here.
2mwezyx.jpg

348himq.jpg

or54p5.jpg

The spiderman PF indeed Needed a change as the materials used was wrong.
It did look like spandex and the color was way off. But as far as Cap, he's
always been perfect in my opinion and didnt need a change.

Last edited:
It would be nice if Sideshow took notes on these and realized that the cloth is ruining near perfect sculpts.

Back