Computer Advice Needed

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nash said:
I understand this to be the exact same arguments that resides between IE and Firefox.

You know that Firefox is 20,000x better than IE...Seriously, I love Firefox, the plugins stuff is awesome, I can disable stupid internet stuff, (like those intellitext ads on some websites) and the feature to resume pages if the program is closed from system failure or something is a lifesaver, or that you can go back to tabs you've recently closed. It's amazing, IE sucks so bad.

The thing about Macs is just a different interface to me. I like how it looks (although I hate the keyboard and the standard 1-button mouse) but I can just do so much more with Windows. Actually, I'd completely switch to Linux (which is really really nice) but for the lack of support for almost all the programs I use.

I'll probably get a mac at some time so I can get used to it because I probably won't be exclusively using Windows when I get into the Visual Effects industry, but I'll stick to Windows if I can.

And I'll make the switch to Vista once the update for 3ds Max comes out that allows for Vista and Directx 10 support.

Back