Comiquettes/Premium Formats

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It still sounds like they are going to focus more on 1:4 scale as a priority from now on to me due to the demand for consistency of scale.

nah you guys are mixing things, this actually makes it much clearer.

Basically before only MIXED MEDIA 1/4 are called premium format, now EVERYTHING 1/4 are called premium format.

All those other confusing terms - comiquette, maquette, "polystone statue" etc..will continue to be used only for 1/5 and other scales i assume.

It doesnt mean ss isnt making 1/5 statues, with the exception of marvel/dc, i think they are actually moving towards 1/5 more.

All this means is regular 1/4 scale statues, polystone or mixed media, will now all be called premium formats.

premium formats = 1/4 period.

This makes things a lot simpler and less confusing. I support this change! :lecture

I support any changes that lead to more 1/4 scale fully sculpted pieces. That has been a very rare bird. However, I do like the distinction between mixed media and fully sculpted statues remaining the same. I would hate to think that the 1/4 scale Spidey, Namor, Silver Surfer, Venom, and Carnage Coms are going to be labeled as PFs in the future.

I would rather they eliminate 1/5 scale and label all fully sculpted pieces as Coms and mixed media pieces as PFs.

It still sounds like they are going to focus more on 1:4 scale as a priority from now on to me due to the demand for consistency of scale.

That sounds great to me. Just keep the distinction between fully sculpted and mixed media the same.

I would rather they eliminate 1/5 scale and label all fully sculpted pieces as Coms and mixed media pieces as PFs.

but that would go against their new naming convention. I think the idea is that the new names are determined based on scale alone; you have life size (1:1), legendary scale figures (1:2 based on average human size), Premium Format (1:4), comiquette/maquette (1:5), and sixth figure (1:6). Its a new system, they even renamed the Iron man Mark 3 maquette to legendary scale figure because maquettes are used strictly for 1:5 from now on.

About time. I could not stand 1:5 scale. Sold off most and refused to preorder others. Now if they could dump the LotR line where they strategically only offered Gimli, Boromir and Arwen and focus back on completing those characters in 1:4 (preferably mixed media).

1/4 scale fully sculpted? It's about friggen time! SS has finally woke up, which to the rest of us is a dream come true.:clap:clap:clap

If their recent 'ask sideshow' hints mean anything, I would expect their next released Rhino will indeed be 1/4 scale.:yess::yess::yess:

Its about time, i only wish they thought of this before they put my favorite character Colossus in a thick mego doll sweater.

At least now i dont have to worry about the Daredevil PF wearing Red Pajamas any more. :hi5:

They should scrap the whole pj syndrome look altogether, & rather concentrate on more dynamic poses, & sophisticated light-up features & bases (a la Xmen vs Sent.#1, now that was a base with exquisite light-up features!!!).

They should scrap the whole pj syndrome look altogether, & rather concentrate on more dynamic poses, & sophisticated light-up features & bases (a la Xmen vs Sent.#1, now that was a base with exquisite light-up features!!!).

Simply not going to happen. Characters that can be done with mixed-media will still be done with true PF incorporated. Characters that don't work well with mixed media will be 1/4 fully sculpted statues under the PF label.

The news merely means that scales are more defined now, and that collectors will have no problem determining which statues match. About time if you ask me. No more scale debates for comiquette statues.

Don't speak too soon :monkey1

d_603.jpg
:panic:

From a sculpting perspective, you're damn right he does. From an X-Men display perspective, he name is Angel, not cherub and he would look like crap with the other 1/4th.

Hopefully, the 1/5th Modern X-Men line will go...:wave

You obviously have't got Angel, scale matters for ____ when a statue is that good :lecture

As for Modern X-Men, the modern costumes are excellent, and since you don't collect them, why begruge others :censored

Format size has always been irrelevant to me, all that matters to me is if I like the statue of not.

I'm AWESOME no matter what size a statue is. :lecture :rock :yess: :rock

:exactly: :goodpost:

Last edited by a moderator:
Simply not going to happen. Characters that can be done with mixed-media will still be done with true PF incorporated. Characters that don't work well with mixed media will be 1/4 fully sculpted statues under the PF label.

The news merely means that scales are more defined now, and that collectors will have no problem determining which statues match. About time if you ask me. No more scale debates for comiquette statues.

You may be right, for now. But I have a feeling that fully sculpted 1/4 scale will eventually replace mixed media altogether within PF line. Mixed media has got to be more labor intensive, time consuming, & therefore possibly more expensive to produce. Besides I've never seen a Pf mixed media that would not look way better if fully sculpted. Ever.

I just thought that SS savings $ on removing the crappy fabrics, could be put to better use in improving bases & light-ups.

So, what would you rather have? A traditional PF with ill fitting fabrics, which always obscure great anatomical details, with uninspired bases:slap; or a Fully Sculpted, more dynamically posed figure, on an interesting base, with possible inspired light-up features? :wink1:

Wait for it, because it's coming.

Back