Comiquettes/Premium Formats

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So starting April 8th all 1:4 statues regardless if it's comiquette or not will be called Premium Format. Interesting change by SSC. They must realize that the 1:4 line sells far greater then 1:5 by now.

Yeah, the people who would buy a 1/5 scale would probably buy a 1/4 scale of the same character. They just wanted to find another way to double dip and decided to try something new after Bowenmass poseduction. Creating a new scale to make more money isn't the answer tho'. Failed experiment imo. I pretty much skipped the whole 1/5 scale train.

Both Iron Spidey and punisher are in between 1:4 & 1:5. They are not and I repeat....not 1:4 scale!

Agreed, Punisher Com is definitely not 1:4

Of course there's variations in musculature between the 2 sculpts, but Iron Spidey looks to match up proportionally to the PF for me. I just look at proportions among other 1:4s along with my knowledge of character heights, Spidey-Man being 5'10, which among the more popular heroes is on the smaller side.

None are my pics. Sideshow always says the scale is approximate for everything anyway, so many 1:4 statues are not quite 1:4 (especially Iron Man Comiquette, I think he should be larger) but Iron & BiB Spidey look approximately 1:4 like any other approximate 1:4.

web.jpg

Collection008.jpg

Collection010.jpg

spidey1-1.jpg

Yah carnage should be larger then The Bib Spidey? You can tell the Spidey is not 1:4 scale.

It fits in and is 1:4 to me.
You could make the case that Carnage is too buff.
Heck you could also say that Venom is too small too.
No company is going to get scales right down to the last centimeter.
All those look close to 1/4 to me.

Yah carnage should be larger then The Bib Spidey? You can tell the Spidey is not 1:4 scale.

It doesn't always reflect in comic art, but the official heights:

Spider-Man: 5'10"
Carnage: 6'1"
Venom: 6'3"

So Carnage is supposed to be slightly larger than Spider-Man. SS's representation of him is rather buff. Despite SS having Venom hunched over he still looks a little too small compared to Carnage and any 1:4 Spidey. With the exception of women, many lower tier characters and Wolverine, most of the major Marvel male heroes and villains are at least 6' tall so most of them in 1:4 should be larger than any Spidey 1:4.

Just like inaccuracies in comic depictions, SS always says their 1:4 is approximate, so we can just disagree because Iron Spidey, something I actually have, and BiB are 1:4.

It fits in and is 1:4 to me.
You could make the case that Carnage is too buff.
Heck you could also say that Venom is too small too.
No company is going to get scales right down to the last centimeter.
All those look close to 1/4 to me.

:exactly:

Put the Bib or Iron Spiderman head next to the Spiderman Comiquette and you can tell its significantly smaller. Like I said those are not quite 1:4. They are In-between 1:4 & 1:5 scale.

Since the Spidey com is larger than 1:4 that doesn't work out right.

Since the Spidey com is larger than 1:4 that doesn't work out right.

Yep. That's the problem. Most peeps don't realize that the Spidey Com is slightly larger than 1/4 scale. It throws off the scale comparison with Iron Spidey and BIB Spidey, which are 1/4 scale.

I give up with u guys in what is 1:4 and what is not! With my experience in collecting any types of format statues, a lot of you guys may think its one scale but in reality it is not.

VS1976, you're right that Spidey com is larger than the bib/iron Spidey. But the problem is that Spidey com is also larger than Cap PF, Iron man com, and pretty much all other regular sized characters. That thing is definitely oversized, especially when displayed next to venom.

-

Last edited:
I give up with u guys in what is 1:4 and what is not! With my experience in collecting any types of format statues, a lot of you guys may think its one scale but in reality it is not.

Just like you are thinking the Spider-Man comiquette is exact 1/4 when it is not in reality :lol
Just look at how big Spidey's head is compared with other statues.

All of them look close enough to 1/4 to me so I just consider them 1/4.
You have to keep in mind that a lot of these statues are done by different artists. It would be damn near impossible to keep every character in exact scale to everyone else.

Put the Bib or Iron Spiderman head next to the Spiderman Comiquette and you can tell its significantly smaller. Like I said those are not quite 1:4. They are In-between 1:4 & 1:5 scale.

I don't have the Spider-Man Com to compare to, but I do have Iron Spider-Man and a number of other 1/4s. Compared to my other 1/4s, Iron Spidey is correctly shorter or taller than them when you compare them to their comic book heights, which I know quite a few because I am that kind of a nerd. Other collector's pics indicate the same thing. You have to compare among other 1/4s.

Plus compared to the Spidey PF, they match up well in body proportions. But it's cool, we can just disagree.

Just like you are thinking the Spider-Man comiquette is exact 1/4 when it is not in reality :lol
Just look at how big Spidey's head is compared with other statues.

All of them look close enough to 1/4 to me so I just consider them 1/4.
You have to keep in mind that a lot of these statues are done by different artists. It would be damn near impossible to keep every character in exact scale to everyone else.

:exactly:

It's like different artists drawing the same character differently. Statues are no different when it comes to interpretation, so the scale, if it's 1/4, 1/5 or otherwise, will probably not be exact.

Back