Coming soon: a 1/6th scale figure of the heavyweight boxing legend Muhammad Ali.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kit Chen

www.onesixthkit.com
Reaction score
ALI_008_v4_Pre-order Facebook.jpg

Iconiq worked with TBLeague on their Street Fighter body, and TBL is the industry leader in seamless bodies, so it stands to reason that the body should last.

Forcing you to buy the two pack for the neutral head is something I would expect from HT not a new kid on the block.

By the way can we get some updated pics of the Bateman figure? ZERO updates on the paint job and I know it was a hot topic when it was first shown.

Yeah, the seamless body has me concerned. Overall looks pretty good though
--

Valid concern, but the body is by TBLeague. They have a very good track record with their muscular seamless bodies (females & males) in terms of production design and quality.

Of course, the reality there are those who'll attempt to "push" the limit/tolerance of its durability resulting in damage and then exclaim quality issues. I post/say this based on observations over the years.

Thus far, the figure looks good (to me). Of course, opinions will vary among collectors.

As with anything/everything, the final production design and quality will make or break it.

Forcing you to buy the two pack for the neutral head is something I would expect from HT not a new kid on the block.

By the way can we get some updated pics of the Bateman figure? ZERO updates on the paint job and I know it was a hot topic when it was first shown.
--

I don't know.

I agree to an extent, but even new brands/manufacturers are taking what the established brands have done into consideration and it boils down to $ (i.e., if a collector really "wants" that much, then they'll pony up).

As for no updates on the Bateman figure, I recollect there was a post by in another Facebook group stating once updates (new) are available they'll be posted/shared.

I just saw a pre-view review from Dean Knight... I see now that you can order the extra head and bust....'Bust' being the operative word as in the head sculpts are both a bust likeness wise..Storm Toys older M.Ali was much better likeness.

I just saw a pre-view review from Dean Knight... I see now that you can order the extra head and bust....'Bust' being the operative word as in the head sculpts are both a bust likeness wise..Storm Toys older M.Ali was much better likeness.
Maybe they sculpted with different age of Ali?

Compare with storm toys.. pay attention to details for example detail of gloves and shoes..

Iconiq Studio owner is big fan of Ali as I know, he owns a lot of storm toys Ali :)

close-up-of-muhammad-ali-retro-images-archive.jpg

It would be great if they included a diorama piece like a heavy bag for the figure to pose with. I’m interested but it doesn’t really fit with the rest of my collection. Will wait and see the reviews first before I decide.

I can’t wait for this to be released. I have the bust and it’s beautiful. The likeness is stunning. I also preordered the figure from Kit with an extra bust so I can display my extra Storm Collectibles head on it.

--

Valid concern, but the body is by TBLeague. They have a very good track record with their muscular seamless bodies (females & males) in terms of production design and quality.

Of course, the reality there are those who'll attempt to "push" the limit/tolerance of its durability resulting in damage and then exclaim quality issues. I post/say this based on observations over the years.

Thus far, the figure looks good (to me). Of course, opinions will vary among collectors.

As with anything/everything, the final production design and quality will make or break it.

I almost always pose my seamless figures in museum poses.

but i went out on a limb one time and decided to pose dynamically a TB league body for the Freddie Mercury 1/6 kit from a couple years ago - i wanted to replicate a pose from his Love Aid concert.

The body split at the elbow posed with the arm bent.

I learned my lesson the hard way and will never pose my seamless figures ever again - although I hear the new body Iconiq commissioned for Ryu/Ken is much more durable than prior TB League models.

Figure finally came out and looks like it turned out great judging from first photos

View attachment 689123

Looks great. I have the other Ali, i think Storm, but I PO’d this too.

Hopefully the body lasts - another collector in this forum said their Iconiq Ryu started splitting around the shoulder and he did little to no posing (probably a weather related issue).

Back