Premium Format Cobra Commander Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, classic Cartoon movie then. Either way, its leaps better than the two other versions of CC we've seen from Sideshow.

I really like it, I'm really disappointed like others though that the mask isn't chromed. I have a big feeling the hooded mask will be the EX and it'll make or break an order via SSC. If not I'll happily wait until next year when this thing ships (that's right I'm predicting this thing won't be out until 2012) and get it then

The PF doesn't look like any ARAH figure. It's taken pieces from several different looks. Would have been better to replicate one of the figures IMHO.

But it's a statue, so I don't really what they do. It's a pass.

True. Would MUCH rather have a perfect representation of the CC figure or cartoon look than this.

I'm anxious to see the full reveal, but based on this pic, my thoughts are

1) Color too dark. I like my helmeted CC to have the lighter blue shade.

2) Cobra symbol on chest is waaaaaaay too small and looks like an iron-on flimsy tattoo.

3) No chrome visor. Minor, but still I want a chrome visor. Yes I know the orig fig doesn't have that but come on, we all know that's what Hasbro was implying he had.

4) Cobra symbols on cape connection. Eh, it's ok.

I also just hope he has the long pants with stirrups under his shoes.

If that is what Hasbro implied, then why didn' they just do it. Destro has had plenty of chromed heads and there have only been a handful of Cobra Commanders that have been chromed, and most (if not all of them) within just the last 5 years.

You guys can't sc.ream you want figures of your old 3 3/4" figures and then complain when you get what you want because its not a certain way that is different from the original figure. Look at the original hooded Cobra Commander figure. His outfit was dark blue. If this figure comes with a hooded head (ex or not) he would be accurate to that figure and your whining therefore should cease right? I'm not saying I don't agree with some of the points made in this thread (I would prefer a lighter blue uniform and a bigger Cobra, but I still like what we are getting here), but I swear some of you are never happy with what Sideshow gives us.

I agree Buttmunch. The PF is obviously based on CC from the 1987 movie. Silver mask and small Cobra symbol are accurate.

CCommander.jpg

cobra_commander-731512.jpg

No media has ever depicted CC with a reflective chrome mask, so I don't get the desire for it. It just doesn't look that cool compared to the dull silver void across his face.

darth-meets-cobra-commander.jpg

The face of the PF above looks much better than this.

Last edited:
What makes you think I'm whining?

I was just trying to give my thoughts on what is shown.

My point is I had a certain view and hope of how they'd make a CC pf, if they ever did, and this is just slightly different than the look I would've hoped for.

Doesn't mean I won't order it when it's revealed. I might like it more when I see full pics.

If that is what Hasbro implied, then why didn' they just do it. Destro has had plenty of chromed heads and there have only been a handful of Cobra Commanders that have been chromed, and most (if not all of them) within just the last 5 years.

You guys can't sc.ream you want figures of your old 3 3/4" figures and then complain when you get what you want because its not a certain way that is different from the original figure. Look at the original hooded Cobra Commander figure. His outfit was dark blue. If this figure comes with a hooded head (ex or not) he would be accurate to that figure and your whining therefore should cease right? I'm not saying I don't agree with some of the points made in this thread (I would prefer a lighter blue uniform and a bigger Cobra, but I still like what we are getting here), but I swear some of you are never happy with what Sideshow gives us.

When they get around to the 1/6 I sure hope is is light blue like the original true Cobra Commander.

Just giving a opinion.

Again since this is a PF I don't care what they do.

As for whining . . .

Deal_with_it_dog_gif.gif

Well, classic Cartoon movie then. Either way, its leaps better than the two other versions of CC we've seen from Sideshow.

I don't think thats the case. Better than CCC? Yeah, thats true but the first CC in the 1:6th line is pretty damn awesome at least for me personally.

I really like it, I'm really disappointed like others though that the mask isn't chromed. I have a big feeling the hooded mask will be the EX and it'll make or break an order via SSC. If not I'll happily wait until next year when this thing ships (that's right I'm predicting this thing won't be out until 2012) and get it then

Well, there is a pic I've seen before today and its been reposted that shows digital sculpts of this piece and it shows the hood being the among the pieces it shows. This piece will probably be Q4 this year and could slip Q1.

Did you miss the Dios somehow? :dunno Those are statues too.

I'm just afraid the PF line will hurt the 12" line. It seems whenever Sideshow does a PF line and a 1:6 line, the 1:6 line suffers. Most of the time we get highly demanded characters (ie Baroness) in PF first and then have to wait years for the really demanded 1:6 version to come out. So the same might happen with this Cobra Commander. Now we'll have to wait years for this version in 1:6 since both the dio and this feature the helmeted head.

But if the dio is any indication, we might get more than 1 swap out head on this.

I don't think this line will have much affect on the line at all to be honest.

When they get around to the 1/6 I sure hope is is light blue like the original true Cobra Commander.

Just giving a opinion.

Again since this is a PF I don't care what they do.

As for whining . . .

Deal_with_it_dog_gif.gif

CSI Miami blows donkeys. :monkey1

I don't think this line will have much affect on the line at all to be honest.

Weren't you the guy claiming Sideshow's 12" Indy line is still alive and kicking? :lol

Weren't you the guy claiming Sideshow's 12" Indy line is still alive and kicking? :lol

It still is until they never make another item from it technically. They've said they have some new figures in the works and I'll roll with that.

That all being said I'll bet my entire collection that this PF line has little to no effect on the 1:6th line. Based on how Sideshow has handled the SW license having both PF and 1:6th and the fact I'm sure they have multiple departments going on GI Joe I doubt there's much of an issue.

I'm not saying I don't agree with some of the points made in this thread (I would prefer a lighter blue uniform and a bigger Cobra, but I still like what we are getting here), but I swear some of you are never happy with what Sideshow gives us.

Amen, brotha 'munch, amen! :duff

Looks good to me. Chromed mask would look tacky in my opinion, I like the choice Sideshow went with. The visor is a little oddly shaped, at least from the angle of the pic. And I agree the Cobra on the chest is to small. Uniform color is fine by me also.

If that is what Hasbro implied, then why didn' they just do it. Destro has had plenty of chromed heads and there have only been a handful of Cobra Commanders that have been chromed, and most (if not all of them) within just the last 5 years. .

I agree Buttmunch. The PF is obviously based on CC from the 1987 movie. Silver mask and small Cobra symbol are accurate.

cobra_commander-731512.jpg

No media has ever depicted CC with a reflective chrome mask, so I don't get the desire for it. It just doesn't look that cool compared to the dull silver void across his face.

darth-meets-cobra-commander.jpg

The face of the PF above looks much better than this.

I'm with you guys. I don't understand why anyone would think chrome somehow would automatically make this figure look any better, or accurate. Chrome would be overkill, imo. I could understand maybe SOME reflection in the surface, but not as much as chrome.

Personally, I'm not sure I want it for Destro, either. I realize it looked good on the RAH figure, but I don't think it would look good at either 12" or PF scale.

Back