Premium Format Cobra Commander Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The face mask bothers me, and the clothing looks kind of cheap. I'll have to wait to see how the real reveal looks. Hopefully, I don't get sucked in to getting every PF in the Joe line, since I was planning on sticking with just the 12" figures and a few core PFs.

Just can't believe that the wait is over...:yess:

Finally Joe's is statue format!!! Been standing in line a long time waiting my turn to own Joe's again, and I'm not looking back...:D

Did you miss the Dios somehow? :dunno Those are statues too.

I'm just afraid the PF line will hurt the 12" line. It seems whenever Sideshow does a PF line and a 1:6 line, the 1:6 line suffers. Most of the time we get highly demanded characters (ie Baroness) in PF first and then have to wait years for the really demanded 1:6 version to come out. So the same might happen with this Cobra Commander. Now we'll have to wait years for this version in 1:6 since both the dio and this feature the helmeted head.

But if the dio is any indication, we might get more than 1 swap out head on this.

I dunno, the tailoring looks pretty good to me. The fabric looks the quality of most of their other PFs which is usually top notch.

It is good to see some classic ARAH outfits though finally! The dio was close, but this is totally ARAH. Long gloves and all :rock

I think it looks pretty good, and I may "consider" ordering it. But, I doubt I will...

Just can't have everything.

Agreed, the silver looks perfect IMO, just like the original figure. I've seen pics of people in CC costumes at conventions with full chrome masks and the mirror shine just looks wrong. It should be a dull silver, not a mirror.

The cape and gloves are from GI Joe: The Movie and toward the end of the movie when his mask is removed its shown to be just a face shield.

cobra_commander-731512.jpg

Looking at this photo, his helmet looks a bit better. For some reason I was thinking his helmet had that more German WWII shape, but again from this photo from the cartoon it looks pretty good.

Did you miss the Dios somehow? :dunno Those are statues too.

I'm just afraid the PF line will hurt the 12" line. It seems whenever Sideshow does a PF line and a 1:6 line, the 1:6 line suffers. Most of the time we get highly demanded characters (ie Baroness) in PF first and then have to wait years for the really demanded 1:6 version to come out. So the same might happen with this Cobra Commander. Now we'll have to wait years for this version in 1:6 since both the dio and this feature the helmeted head.

But if the dio is any indication, we might get more than 1 swap out head on this.

This is my fear also, that the 1:6 line that has done some amazing pieces suffers

lets face it, the sales dont lie, dios, not so popular, environments still sitting in the warehouse, and now a 400$ line with a NRD that is almost certain, how well will this do??

Wish for this line they would just stick to what made Gi Joe popular

Flint vs. Zartan is a dream come true for me. But that's about what it takes to get me to buy a diorama. 1/4 scale or bust for me in general when it comes to statues--cloth outfit, sculpted outfit, doesn't matter.

It is good to see some classic ARAH outfits though finally! The dio was close, but this is totally ARAH. Long gloves and all :rock

The PF doesn't look like any ARAH figure. It's taken pieces from several different looks. Would have been better to replicate one of the figures IMHO.

But it's a statue, so I don't really what they do. It's a pass.

Back